Black Christian Boy Mocks A Sikh On Twitter Gets 500+ Retweets By Fellow Racists

superkaur

What do you guys make of this?

I usually dont care what racists have to say but I havent seen that many retweets regarding an anti-sikh tweet before. Usually a muslim will post anti-sikh stuff and gets a few favs and retweets by fellow islamo-fascist muslims but never this amount of retweets from white and black young people who think its funny to mock the word Sikh is pretty alarming.

This is just one example which shows Sikhs face a huge anti-Sikh mocking culture and mindset from racists just because they look different in the UK far worse than what muslims and jews suffer. Would jews put up with a tweet that mocked jews? they would term it as anti-semitic... Sikhs need to be equally against this belittling of turbanned Sikhs. Granted the drunk half naked Sikh guy doesnt do himself any favors but that doesn't warrant this kind of trolling on an entire faith, a minority group. This causes bullying, harassment, discrimination and ultimately violent physical attacks on innocent turbanned Sikhs. Gays never put up with this kind of abuse and even name calling they cause huge upheavel in the media as they have done when people referred to the world "gay" as an insult. Indian Hindu society in 1980s decided to make "sardar jokes" "surd jokes" mocking Sikhs and Sikhism regularly victimising the minority community and belittling it and its self confidence..

We need Sikh council and other bodies to take action against these anti-sikh racists.

post-43532-0-96751700-1421543606_thumb.p

Whats so 'racist' about the actual tweet ?

Shouldn't we focus more of our attention on the <banned word filter activated> in the picture bringing shame to the turban ?

Freezing, almost arctic weather, and yet this sorry excuse for a 'Sikh' is so blind drunk he has taken his shirt off and is standing at a public bus stop drinking from an open can of lager beer. :angry2:

That was my reaction too that the guy is at fault for bringing disgrace to Sikhs and the turban. However when I saw open mocking of the word "sikh" to be used as a way to make a joke or as an insult by someone who isnt Sikh then that gets my back up. Then every Sikh should feel offend just as if a non-black mocks a black calls him a negoriod which isnt racist but is used in an insulting way it wouldnt be acceptable simililar we are proud to be called Sikhs but to term the word Sikh used in a negative way makes young people want to avoid being labeled a Sikh. Can you not see how damaging that is? especially girls who get brainwashed to be atheists or muslims it starts by mocking of the faith...

And remember the faceboook groups in 2007/2008 with "my turban is dirty" opening attacking Sikhs identity these groups were created by racist white atheist school kids and and thousands joined to attack and mock the Sikh religious headgear because they associated turban with non-whites and islamic jihadi terrorists.... and these kids group up to be politicians, media figures and people with power and influence.... if they think its acceptable to attack innocent minority groups at young age now they are adults what you think their views will be?

None of the earlier incidents on social media you mentioned, superkaur, are the fault of the 'black christian twitter user' you started this thread about. The fact is, he saw this pathetic excuse of a 'Sikh' at the bus stop and because he epected better behaviour from a Sikh he took a picture and made a harmless joke about it....harmless in that it doesn't really hurt anybody and is not in any way 'racist'.

Just like this 'black christian man' we too should find the sight of a 'Sikh' in this situation shocking.

With this thread you've gone after the wrong target. What you should have done was started a thread where you ask if anyone knows this pathetic 'Singh' and that way we could have all hunted him down and given him the beatings he deserves.

I have no idea how you came to the conclusion the dude who posted this is Christian, I've just been to his Twitter page and there is no mention of it, more importantly, as already mentioned, I'd be less concerned about an ill conceived joke and more concerned about that dude holding onto the can of Carling with his dear life, i think i'm going to have to wash my eye's out with bleach but really, you need to toughen up your skin a little, someone misusing the word Sikh is not something I'd get riled up about, and before you say "Oh, today it this but tomorrow it will be something bigger" you should speak to those of us who grew up in the 70's and 80's, someone mispronouncing the word Sikh or having a joke at your expense was the least of our worries.

you need to toughen up your skin a little, someone misusing the word Sikh is not something I'd get riled up about, and before you say "Oh, today it this but tomorrow it will be something bigger" you should speak to those of us who grew up in the 70's and 80's, someone mispronouncing the word Sikh or having a joke at your expense was the least of our worries.

same poster, but defending a punjabi singer

In reference to Malkit Singh, he's never said he represented the Sikh community, the Punjabi one maybe, he's an entertainer who has taken advantage of his cultural heritage, we need to stop making the mistake of assuming that if someone has a turban on their head that they somehow represent all Sikh's, they don't, assuming that just because he was going to Downing street he would voice your concerns is a naivety on the part of those who assumed he would.

same poster, but defending a punjabi singer

Yes, same poster, me, i fail to see the connection between the two topics, on one side you have a drunk Singh with his top off holding a can of beer making a complete and utter mockery of himself (and probably by this time his family seeing as his photo has spread like wildfire over social media) and you choose to focus on the mis-use of the word Sikh, I'm not saying he represents all Sikhs, in the other debate you have a Bhangra singer who openly drinks and live's a certain lifestyle, now, without wanting to get into any kind of huge heated debate (because, let's be honest here, there are more important things in the world), I was not in anyway defending the actions of Malkit Singh, if you read my original post all i was saying is that we need to stop being so naive and assume that everyone is going to help the "cause".

And, yes, we do need to toughen up a little and thicken our skins, every time someone even mentions Sikhism in the wrong light we go ballistic, maybe we should be trying to educate people instead of shouting "Beadbi" every 10 seconds, anyway, if you could explain the point and how you feel it's relevant to quote a sentence from another thread, a sentence that could easily be taken out of context if the post isn't read in it's entirety i would be grateful.

Yes, same poster, me, i fail to see the connection between the two topics, on one side you have a drunk Singh with his top off holding a can of beer making a complete and utter mockery of himself

Let's give you, your own advise

I need to stop making the mistake of assuming that if someone has a turban on their head that they somehow represent all Sikh's, they don't, assuming that just because he was wearing a turban he was a Sikh is a naivety on the part of myself.

we need to stop making the mistake of assuming that if someone has a turban on their head that they somehow represent all Sikh's, they don't, assuming that just because he was going to Downing street he would voice your concerns is a naivety on the part of those who assumed he would.

Let's give you, your own advise

I need to stop making the mistake of assuming that if someone has a turban on their head that they somehow represent all Sikh's, they don't, assuming that just because he was wearing a turban he was a Sikh is a naivety on the part of myself.

Like i've already said in my previous post, i'm not claiming this drunken Singh represents all Sikhs, sometimes it pays to pay attention and like i've already said, there are more important things in the world now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to bang my head against a brick wall.