Being A Rich Sikh

Guest Sikh

"dasvand" is a fake appropriation from abrahamic religions, viz a viz "tithe", which has precisely the same meaning.

Tan, man, dhan.. You repeat it daily and yet it fails to sink in? You don't really "own" anything. It's all of God. Everything comes through God, returns to God and is always his. By reserving a percentage you are setting yourself up for egoistic failure, if you think that you have the capacity to own wealth. By having access to wealth and the heading blessing of gurmat, you will do what is right and ensure that others benefit. Be satisfied with your two rotis.

As for percentages, there can be no such rule. It would be a charity ritual. If you cannot think beyond rules then let it be 90 percent donation and keep 10 percent for yourself. You may be surprised at what useless rubbish polluting and environmentally destroying consumer goods and seven you cut out in the process.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

"dasvand" is a fake appropriation from abrahamic religions, viz a viz "tithe", which has precisely the same meaning.

Tan, man, dhan.. You repeat it daily and yet it fails to sink in? You don't really "own" anything. It's all of God. Everything comes through God, returns to God and is always his. By reserving a percentage you are setting yourself up for egoistic failure, if you think that you have the capacity to own wealth. By having access to wealth and the heading blessing of gurmat, you will do what is right and ensure that others benefit. Be satisfied with your two rotis.

As for percentages, there can be no such rule. It would be a charity ritual. If you cannot think beyond rules then let it be 90 percent donation and keep 10 percent for yourself. You may be surprised at what useless rubbish polluting and environmentally destroying consumer goods and seven you cut out in the process.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

it is a minimum guideline ...you can give your all like Bhagat Puran SIngh ji...and NO it is not an appropriation of anything it is a universal principle held by many faith traditions .

it is a minimum guideline ...you can give your all like Bhagat Puran SIngh ji...and NO it is not an appropriation of anything it is a universal principle held by many faith traditions .

It is not in line with Gurmat sorry. If you choose to do so then by all means, but don't make it a sikh religious rule. And I think you should offer greater respect to Puran Singh ji, your implication with the words "give it all" is that he was some sort of monk. He was a good and kind hearted man, who actually very few people helped initially so he was forced to beg to feed the kids. It is shameful how most people who claim to be sikhs have so much ego about money. I suggest consulting the Guru because you will obviously disagree with me and rightly so, who am I to preach. So I request you to ask the Guru about this, and do so with an open mind (i.e. be prepared to change your attitude).