Keeping Rehat At University

singhcity

He is disrepecting Gurbani which is the biggest respect.

So go back and read what he has written and you will find out he is not just stating his opinion and experience.

I know what he said. I don"t agree at all. To the best of my knowledge, it's not within my understanding of Sikhism.

But that is no reason to call him a shameless creature.

This is, after all, a discussion forum, and there can be no discussion if people continue to disrespect and harass those who are intolerent of others' opinions.

Bro i respect that u are a good dude that doesn't like for anybody's feelings to be hurt but this '68 dude deliberately uses Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's picture as a deliberate insult and to give credibility to his underlying anti-Sikh posts. He thinks that the Genocide of Sikhs was God's will that God actively wanted to happen. You're correct that none of us has the right to define who is or isn't Sikh in spiritual terms but he openly states that he is not a Sikh and is just a Jatt.

Good people deserve compassion. Aurangzeb, Indira Gandhi and those that get pleasure + amusement from the rape of innocent young girls like '68 don't deserve compassion. Instead we should care for the innocent rape victims he insulted more than the feelings of a troll like him. Trust me, as the biggest fattest troll on this site, i should know!

:biggrin2:

Yeah, he's either a troll or just someone who doesn't care much for Sikhism. I think my point still stands.

Our Gurus taught us compassion and love for everyone, regardless of their views, even if they were enemies.

During the period of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, there was a Singh named Bhai Kanhaiya Ji. During one of Guru Ji's battles, he gave water to everyone who was wounded, regardless of whether or no they were enemies. When the other Singhs saw this, they were enraged. When they complained to Guru Ji, he responed that Kanhaiya had understood the message of kindness and compassion perfectly.

We gotta be kind to everyone, man.

A cool (related) post you might find interesting can be found here https://benlehman.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/compassion-for-evil/

If you stay true to yourself you'll find people with similar values just through the general course of life. From my time at uni, it was a great opportunity to meet people from around the world. Many of my best friends are from my uni days and even though they have come from different paths (Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Athiests) you come to see that good people come in many guises (idiots also come in all guises)

Many of the people from the time who did the 'booze, clubs, partying' thing actually didn't make the most out of uni, as they ended up doing the same thing week in, week out, and by the end of uni they had gotten bored of what they were doing.

Uni is a great time to explore new things, visit places, meet people, experience new cultures etc. I'd go down that path as those experiences are something that you will cherish later on in life than going to club x,y,z.