Boxing/gatka

Tsingh1

Shastar Vidya aka Nidder's martial art is highly embellshed with south eastern arts like Kali Escrima. No such thing existed before Nidder created it. To make it look lagit he also created some bogus mythogical story. He was beaten by Gatka Ustad Teji. Then he acts like a sore loser about this episode like a school kid. His students who have trained with him since they were young and now have white beards have still not mastered this self created martial art since Nidder makes new things up as the years role by like his repeatedly changing of the name of this martial art over the years.

Ever seen him perform his moves? Maybe they are effective, I don't know, but it looks like he's slicing a kebab.

As a child I always use to hear my Nana say, "Dand baitka kadh!! You'll have a body like steel," and I was like, "Whatever," lol, but now I can attest to the magic in them. Sure, they're murder on the legs and other places, but keep doing them and eat clean, and along with a decent weightlifting regimen incorporating other exercises you'll be in great shape.

Geezer have u seen "the raid:redemption" and "the raid 2"? Its indonesian film, with A LOT OF BLOOD/GORE (nice!), and it uses the indonesian martial art of silat. The martial artist in the film is 'iko uwais', n hes incredible. Donnie Yen is another martial artist actor to be admired.

I've seen demonstrations of Silat. It's really slow but then again there are several variations. I'll check out the movie.

The future is about mixing instead of just staying with one martial art. Learn Gatka, Silat, Kaali and mix it all togather. That is essentially what Niddar did and called it SV even though he will never ever admit it.

If you want to impove your unarmed combat skills, then Judo mixed with Muay Thai or even Boxing.

This guy who is an australian based in Japan. He doesn't teach sports martial arts. But skills that are very practical for the streets and real life situations

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamWuJin

Skill is important BUT Let's also talk about getting physically strong too. We need some raw physical strengh. Recently I've been doing Dands and Baithaks into my regular workout. This is what our Pehelvaans back home do. You can't imagine the kind of strengh you get from doing these. Add to that, I've recently started working out with a mace as shown in this video

This is old school. Dands, Baithaks, Mace workout is where you will get explosive power. You will feel like the Hulk after doing this.

One thing to add. One wonders what Puraatan Singhs must have done to get so strong where one Singh would be equal to a number of Mughals and Afghans. It is said in one old Persian writing that Singhs of Punjab were so physically strong that if they kick a horse, that horse would die immediately. It is very likely they must have done the indigenous exercises of Punajb which were Dands, Baithaks and even working out with clubs and Mace. From my own experience, these exercises also increase your agility.

Besides this, more Naam abhyas and Paath of Gurbani is essential because that is what will make you brave enough to face sava lakh opponents like Puraatan Singhs