Why Have Only Sikh Girls Marrying Non Sikhs Bin Targeted

sikhstudent99

Garch your the one who needs to do better researching before posting anti - sikh anti/gurmat nonsence

Also i have said yes it happends to sikh men marrying non sikhs but weddings being targeted are far more likely to be girls marrying non sikhs

In the community many men think its ok for a sikh male to marry a non sikh but get very insecure when it comes to sikh girls marrying non sikhs

Probably explains why a sikh girl marryimg a non sikh is far more likely to have her wedding targeted then a male marrying a non sikh

What should happen is any sikh male or female should be banned from marrying a non sikh in the gurdwara

Those that are protesting do not discriminate between male and female, they have have proven this by protestsing at both, if more female anand karajs are taking place or being reported then it is what it is.

Your just trying to divert the debate by making it an issue of sex discrimination, to which I repeat the protestsers do not do.

If ur implying sikhs in general discriminate more or are more resentful towards sikh female anand karajs, then thats ur subjective view based on ur own experience, its not what I see from singhs I know.

The rehit maryada bans it for both already, only change required is in the minds of gurdware and individuals that break the maryada.

One thing I will say guru gobind singh signed and sealed hukamname that exist today specifically chastising singhs who marry their daughters to non singhs; take that anyway u want.... bottom line is that is the gurus mat.

Of course it is predominantly women being targetted.

What I have been surpised about, is over the last decade, the number of Sikh men who married Polish women in Slough and the surrounding areas has increased exponentially. They were all registered (requirement to achieve permanent settlement) but many also had anand karaj in Slough Singh Sabha and Ramgharia Slough, not to mention the gurdwarae in and around Southall/Hounslow/Hayes. Not a dickie bird from the so-called beadbi police. Yet...everyone knew it was going on. Why the lack of protest?

The sanctity of ak has nothing to do with stopping weddings

You said you understand what AK ceremony is but then you write something like this proving otherwise. Anand Karaj is a dharmic ceremony between two Sikhs. We should not go against our dharmic traditions and legitimize interfaith marriages by allowing it an Anand Karaj.

Sikhi is a sanji religion

What does Sanji religion mean? does this sanji religion philosophy also mean a Muslim or Hindu can also become a Panj Pyara as well? where do you draw the line into this Sanji`ness? ਬਾਕੀ ਸਾਰੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਆਪਣਾ ਧਰਮ follow ਕਰਦੇ ਨੇ| ਕੋਈ ਭੀ ਹੋਰ ਆਪਣੇ ਧਾਰਮਿਕ ਰਸਮਾਂ ਦੀ ਬੇਅਦਬੀ ਨਹੀ ਹੋਣ ਦੇਂਦੇ| ਕੀ ਇਸ sanji religion ਦਾ ਠੇਕਾ ਅਸੀਂ ਹੀ ਲੈਣਾ ਸੀ?

most of the girls who marry out and their non sikh husband just want an exotic wedding since the Anand Karaj does look pretty nice in the album. The husband being a non Sikh will have children with her that will also be non Sikh. Traditionally in human society the woman and her children have after marriage automatically identified with whatever faith her husband identified with. This is probably the reason why people are not protesting when the woman is a non Sikh because it is assumed that she and her children will adopt the faith the husband identifies with similar to a Sikh girl who marries a Muslim man will do a nikaah after formally converting to Islam and her children will also automatically identify with the faith of their Muslim father.

most of the girls who marry out and their non sikh husband just want an exotic wedding since the Anand Karaj does look pretty nice in the album. The husband being a non Sikh will have children with her that will also be non Sikh. Traditionally in human society the woman and her children have after marriage automatically identified with whatever faith her husband identified with. This is probably the reason why people are not protesting when the woman is a non Sikh because it is assumed that she and her children will adopt the faith the husband identifies with similar to a Sikh girl who marries a Muslim man will do a nikaah after formally converting to Islam and her children will also automatically identify with the faith of their Muslim father.

It would be interesting to see the ratio of Non Sikh male to Sikh Female Anand Karaj's in comparison to Sikh Male to Non-Sikh female Anand Karaj's and weddings in general.

Someone mentioned about Polish/East European girls marrying Sikh/Punjabi males but there is a big difference in one factor.

The vast majority of Sikh/Punjabi males marrying Polish/East European girls are fresh off the boat Punjabi/Sikh males who are looking to become permanent.

There is probably some spark of attraction between a Polish girl who has never seen a brown person before and therefore sees the boy as exotic and a Punjabi boy who wants to get a gori and lived in an all brown environment all his life.

I think we need to compare like for like with British born Sikh males and British born Sikh females.

My guesstimate would be there are far more British born Sikh females marrying non-Sikh than vica versa, but I could be wrong.

I agree with other posts that it can be a point of concern because the children go towards the father's lineage and this is a natural instinctive understanding.

However, I have known of a few Sikh girls marry white English males and they have embraced Sikhi far more than the girls ever will. Their offspring also go to the local Sikh School so all is not necessarily lost in terms of loss of the Sikh heritage.