Sikhs Tv Channels

Big_Tera

AS far as Maskeen ji is concerned I do not think he sold out his sikhi ... just PTC and SGPC control a lot of the videos , gulshan kumar's firm recorded the CD sets of katha , but honestly it should be copyright free material anyhow .

Thats very clever of you jkvlondon. You just completely ignored Gurbani / Gurmat as if the words of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji do not matter too much.

Let me tell you right now :

EVERY man should work for a living and do kirtan out of pure love for the Guru when not working. It is a priviledge to do so.

EVERY man that makes his living from kirtan / katha etc will go to hell.

Our living Guru is more than clear on this. I'll repeat it again :

From Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

• 'Cursed are the lives of those who read and write the Lord's Name to sell it' (page 1245 Guru Nanak dev ji salok)
  • 'The Name of the Lord alone is my wealth. I do not tie it up to hide it, nor do I sell it to make my living' (page 1157, Bhagat Kabir)

" But you guys are suggesting we replace them with different old and very rich men"

no Khalsa Ji i was not suggesting that, what i was trying to say was maskeen ji, dhadrian wale, giani thakur singh and sant waryam singh ji's katha are all free, they have made it freely available to everyone on the internet, they even said to use there kathas on tv channels for free. they dont make any money when it airs on tv. what i said was the sikh tv channels should let these people know they will be airing there kathas on tv.

This is what you yourself, Sad Singh, said in your previous message :

"I dont think the channel even needs to buy the rights to Maskeen Ji's vids and kathas. i remember hearing that Maskeen Ji's family is rich, dont know if its true. his cds have been selling really good for years"

This is what you yourself, Sad Singh, said in your previous message :

"I dont think the channel even needs to buy the rights to Maskeen Ji's vids and kathas. i remember hearing that Maskeen Ji's family is rich, dont know if its true. his cds have been selling really good for years"

Khalsa Ji, i was talking about his sons, they started a business and it became successful. you can read Maskeen Ji's biography he spent most of his life in poverty, i believe when he died he only had one or two things, he left behind.

the stuff about his family i read it awhile ago so like i said above i dont know if its true forgive me

bhul chuk muf

Khalsa Ji, i was talking about his sons, they started a business and it became successful. you can read Maskeen Ji's biography he spent most of his life in poverty, i believe when he died he only had one or two things, he left behind.

the stuff about his family i read it awhile ago so like i said above i dont know if its true forgive me

bhul chuk muf

My point is not about him personally, its about the wider group of jathas, kirtanis, paracharaks etc. The point is to understand that younger western born Sikhs have more gyan than their parents and grandparents that came from India. Younger Sikhs are more enlightened. When a parachark or kirtan jatha come on the Sikh channel younger ones can see the wider picture and separate the beauty from the illusion. For example, when listening to a jatha such as Harinder Singh from Nirvair Khalsa Jatha, the younger more enlightened ones will ask themselves why Harinder Singh likes to quote certain Gurbani but conveniently leaves out the bits of Gurbani that state he is doing wrong by not working for a living and having these kirtan programmes as his sole living income. You see, our Gurus were just so ahead of the times. They knew so much. They knew what was going to happen, not least because the other semetic faiths went through similar phases. Our Gurus knew there would be men who would come along and make money from Sikhi and they knew it would be easy for the masses to accept that. That is why Gurbani is so clear on this issue. They knew that the cult of personality would take over. Sikhs would become followers and fans of men first and followers of their living Guru only second. We're at that stage now. We say we believe in Gurbani but do so in words only. In actions, we are followers of this man or that man, this jatha or that jatha.

So, this is what it boils down to when searching for answers as to why younger Sikhs are turning away from the Sikh channels. The younger ones have a genuine spiritual hunger and thirst. They want things that will quench that thirst, satisfy that hunger. They are beyond the stage their parents were at, i.e blindly accepting things as they are simply because thats the 'punjabi' and 'desi' way of doing things. But, that is what the Sikh tv channels are giving them.

Thats very clever of you jkvlondon. You just completely ignored Gurbani / Gurmat as if the words of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji do not matter too much.

Let me tell you right now :

EVERY man should work for a living and do kirtan out of pure love for the Guru when not working. It is a priviledge to do so.

EVERY man that makes his living from kirtan / katha etc will go to hell.

Our living Guru is more than clear on this. I'll repeat it again :

From Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

• 'Cursed are the lives of those who read and write the Lord's Name to sell it' (page 1245 Guru Nanak dev ji salok)
  • 'The Name of the Lord alone is my wealth. I do not tie it up to hide it, nor do I sell it to make my living' (page 1157, Bhagat Kabir)

veer ji I am NOT dismissing Gurbani I hate the way that people have put money ahead of Guru ji but given the kind of deeply spiritual occurences that he, Maskeen ji has been party to , if he was a maili rooh he would not understand it .

I cannot answer to his final judgement but as far as I understood he did not treat it as a means of building wealth. Others definitely controlled his output for their pockets , I remember when he passed PTC refused to release katha videos from 'gyan da sagar' series as it would effect their earning potential. That is what I meant ....many many kirtaniyas in your book have done ulangna of this updesh in mine too . Their name shouldn't even come into the equation but it is headline and the GUrbani Tuk is subheading on many a CD/DVD Cover. The best kirtan I ever heard was by a Gursikh bibi a few years older than me when I was a teen ...that love, that dard, that mittas and then she was off the stage and gone in the sea of sangat ...and that is a symbol of how it should be natural, and unassuming.

I personally love giving away stuff: gutkey, Cds , Kakkars because the gift of bani and SIkhi is priceless.