Why Are Rates Of Suicide Soaring Across The Planet?

shastarSingh

He can and he does. If only people let go of their cynicism and doubts for just a moment.

People have to try and take a step towards Waheguru before expecting Waheguru to step towards you.

I tell you, our problems back home stem from blatant and rampant selfishness - greed if you will - nothing else.

Forget outsiders, look how many people within families skank their own of land in our community- it's actually commonplace. Even my grandpa got jacked out of a whole bunch of land/property by his cousin a few years ago. And every second person I talk too has the same story (unless they are the ones doing the skanking).

If we turn around and blame Hindus/Goray/Muslims for all of our woes that makes us look like dim-witted, incompetent fudhoos who have no control over their own lives/destiny at the hands of other people.

It's got so bad now, that expecting and pushing for our own people not to act moronically isn't even considered an option now.....

People have to try and take a step towards Waheguru before expecting Waheguru to step towards you.

I tell you, our problems back home stem from blatant and rampant selfishness - greed if you will - nothing else.

Forget outsiders, look how many people within families skank their own of land in our community- it's actually commonplace. Even my grandpa got jacked out of a whole bunch of land/property by his cousin a few years ago. And every second person I talk too has the same story (unless they are the ones doing the skanking).

If we turn around and blame Hindus/Goray/Muslims for all of our woes that makes us look like dim-witted, incompetent fudhoos who have no control over their own lives/destiny at the hands of other people.

It's got so bad now, that expecting and pushing for our own people not to act moronically isn't even considered an option now.....

as my Nani ji said often and all my oldies . 'bhalla ka zamana nahin reha , koi mil ke nahin raji' ...I know what you mean now Nana ji is gone, I have no connection on my Nanakey side that I feel close too they are all greedy greedy nasty ... My thaiee ji is still around and her remaining son and his kids they are the only ones I would ask after and visit rest are nastik, mayadhari lot when she passes I will only have my spiritual connection to the land ...

Never probably. The good old community centre ones were better, at least one wasn't looking at rang barangeh bright fluorescent massive frock suits, trying to dodge past them and wondering when to get up to go to the washroom walking through 20 million people to get there.

Rant over.

Hanji, bring back the days of a 1 litre cardboard carton of Five Alive, a handful of packs of Walkers Crisps, and if you're lucky, a pack or two of HP peanuts. They were simple times, but at least there was a genuine sense of togetherness. I've not been to a Punjabi wedding for 20 years, but I've seen DVDs of recent weddings, and nowadays it's like I'm watching the goings-on of a community and a people I have nothing in common with on any level. Same can be said for day-to-day existence. But that's another topic.

We have always been a superficial, shallow lot. Where the wholly mistaken notion that we are a people in tune with the spiritual side of existence comes from is a mystery. Even our efforts in incorporating religion and faith into our lives ends up being tainted by grand gestures of exuberance designed to outdo the next man. We're all about the surface and appearances, and less about the internal. All these factors must take their toll on some souls who simply can't keep up with this mentality and feel so defeated that they end it.

Hanji, bring back the days of a 1 litre cardboard carton of Five Alive, a handful of packs of Walkers Crisps, and if you're lucky, a pack or two of HP peanuts. They were simple times, but at least there was a genuine sense of togetherness. I've not been to a Punjabi wedding for 20 years, but I've seen DVDs of recent weddings, and nowadays it's like I'm watching the goings-on of a community and a people I have nothing in common with on any level. Same can be said for day-to-day existence. But that's another topic.

We have always been a superficial, shallow lot. Where the wholly mistaken notion that we are a people in tune with the spiritual side of existence comes from is a mystery. Even our efforts in incorporating religion and faith into our lives ends up being tainted by grand gestures of exuberance designed to outdo the next man. We're all about the surface and appearances, and less about the internal. All these factors must take their toll on some souls who simply can't keep up with this mentality and feel so defeated that they end it.

Omg 20years really paji ? ?

Well they've changed a lot since, but it's all about the bling and big venues now. I personally think the women overdo it on outfits, and do you know how much starting price is? That's something I rather not go into. it's easier for men, they just wear the same suit lol.

I went to one recently after a long time and was surprised to see so much security. I thought I was at a Kings wedding . ? The families do a good job of catering for the guests, but too much bling going on I feel. Same here nothing in common with what's going on.

There was a gentleman on one of the Sikh channels, saying to spend less on weddings, because others copy but can't afford it and then get into debt. I think the channels should focus on this more.

But now they changed the Walkers crisps ? Not like before.

Good old five life, that you could never open, and Lilt. ? Oh and it took me a good half hour to guess who the bride and groom were.

At one point I thought I was transported in Dr Who's tardis, and I thought " Rabba main Ithe kida ageyi" it felt like being zoooooomed into the future.

Brother, you hit and the nail squarely on the sirh!

Just to throw this in the mix, as I just recalled it earlier:

I remember reading an eye-witness account of the Anglo-Sikh wars. Most of us will (or at least should!!) know that Sikhs lost most lives because a boat bridge used to cross a river was burnt behind them.

I recall one gora saying that after Singhs tried to make a a retreat over the damaged bridge (they were tricked by traitor generals), many were being drowned in the river. A few of them would actually refuse offers of help from goray to get them out of the water and drowned themselves rather than accept defeat.

Just to throw this in the mix, as I just recalled it earlier:

I remember reading an eye-witness account of the Anglo-Sikh wars. Most of us will (or at least should!!) know that Sikhs lost most lives because a boat bridge used to cross a river was burnt behind them.

I recall one gora saying that after Singhs tried to make a a retreat over the damaged bridge (they were tricked by traitor generals), many were being drowned in the river. A few of them would actually refuse offers of help from goray to get them out of the water and drowned themselves rather than accept defeat.

also the Dogras sent mustard seed instead of gunpowder then burnt the bridge to trap the Singhs