Why Are Rates Of Suicide Soaring Across The Planet?

shastarSingh

problem is manmade correction Badal made ....he has encouraged punjabi farmers to invest in agrochemical intensive farming methods which originally were subsidised in the late 70s and early 80s under the'green revolution' instead of traditional organic methods . How to diversify field when it is nigh on impossible to create a new business without corrupt police bullying you for their 'protection' money ?

I know how bad it is because my Masi sold up and went back to Hindia to start a restaurant/bakery in Jallandhar after trying a gym/beauty salon t, she fixed up the frontage and pavement and the competition called the police on her and sent in a bulldozer and destroyed the tiled frontage . Then the college educated staff stole from the premises, the cooks stole ingredients to run their own catering business on the side . In the end she lost loads of money and had to come back here to have a way of living. This broke her full on 'jai bharat' attitude ...

To open a business there is impossible for decent sized places on an individual basis if you refuse to play ball with corrupt $h1te cops and officials. The only way is if it is a branch of a business based outside the country and is of a nature where there is no material goods involved .

It is not sufficient to say just try something else , maybe you don't realise the ones who are farmers are usually the sons who sacrificed their dreams to put their younger brothers sisters and children through education. The ones who are trapped by the need for fertilisers because their soils is now dead without because their is no humus /mineral balance left and the prices are increasing exorbitantly . It is all a long term land grab game . They don't mind turning Punjab into a dust bowl by reducing our water table and doing this to our farmers , my proposal would be to put daswand in the west to forming a loan facility for farmers provided they take up organic farming methods again and use water preservation techniques like mulching or no-dig farming. support the planting of plant species which will absorb the pollutants from factories and farms ...then removing them properly .

I don't agree. I've met and worked with hordes of farmer's sons from backhome and many of them are spolit (not all mind you). There is this attitude of wanting to bowl around like you are a lord of the manor in Panjab itself, contemptuously beneath the labour intensive work of 'lesser castes' but then being happy as heck to come to UK, Canada, US and work for peanuts carrying cement buckets all day like a mule.

Our own farmers have done enough by failing to read and understand instructions on fertiliser, and blindly jumping on any scheme that ups crop yields regardless of environmental impacts. And when they do get money, they spend it on the dumbest stuff like showing you're a big-shot on your daughters wedding, flash motorbikes etc. I met one guy, he was using money sent from UK by his brother to buy a fleet of tractors, although the amount of land he had only required one.

If Panjab has gone from THE richest state, with some of the hardest working people anywhere, to the cesspit of today, apnay have played their part in this decline. It isn't just all external scheming against us.

And then tell me who exactly votes in the Badals time and time again - the farmers themselves.

Most of our issues back home stem from our own backward thinking.

maybe the spotlight is on the wrong type of keeping up , how great would the peace of mind and chardi kala of the people if they tried to read more bani than they did previously in the past year, month, week ; that they helped more people in need than they did last week ...we came naked and will go the same unless we gain kamai of naam and sewa to cover our nangej before we reach darbar...

It is strange that with all the modern conveniences we have and all the technological advances that have made our lives people are unhappier.

It is very easy to get caught up in the hamster wheel of life.

I don't know if you have heard of Graham Hancock (he is a writer), he interviewed an Amazonian tribesman and asked him what is wrong with the west and he told him , "You have lost connection with Spirit"

A lot of our people have lost connection with Waheguru.

I sometimes feel envious of those hermits on top of the mountain away from the rest of human civilisation but we have to live "Ghristi Jeevan" and have to interact with people.

Closer to bani and naam the happier you will be.

maybe the spotlight is on the wrong type of keeping up , how great would the peace of mind and chardi kala of the people if they tried to read more bani than they did previously in the past year, month, week ; that they helped more people in need than they did last week ...we came naked and will go the same unless we gain kamai of naam and sewa to cover our nangej before we reach darbar...

Bhenji, have you met Punjabis, lol?

We give western white folk a tough ride for their atheist, consumer-driven lifestyles, but ours are worse in quite a few ways. I'm no longer fooled by the "matha-tek on a Sunday" crowd from back home. Whilst the odds are stacked against them in certain respects (the type of society they inhabit), there's also a clear resistance to change they COULD make if the will was there. They just can't be bothered. Like someone said, they're sheep. If one person is bucking the trend, they sneer and say it's wrong and they don't want to stand out. As soon as a few begin, then they jump on the bandwagon. That's the definition of a lemming.

A lot of our people have lost connection with Waheguru.

I sometimes feel envious of those hermits on top of the mountain away from the rest of human civilisation but we have to live "Ghristi Jeevan" and have to interact with people.

Closer to bani and naam the happier you will be.

I wouldn't get too disillusioned with the concept of Grishti Jeevan as an indicator of one's credentials as a true Sikh. You know as well as anyone we aren't supposed to relinquish the hurly burly of life for complete solitude, instead we allow ourselves to remain in the mire of everyday life and fight to become unblemished by its many challenges. At least that's what I think we've been I instructed to do.

As for marriage itself, again, I wouldn't worry about that. As long as an individual isn't whoring around in secret (guys and girls) whilst presenting a false veneer of piousness and purity to the rest of the world, it's not something I consider a priority in terms of my personal circumstances. Coupled with the way western society has developed and continues to develop with its strange ideas of how people should live their lives, the odds are stacked against a man finding the life partner he needs.

I'm sorry but the days of rolling the dice and hoping for the best are long gone. Marriage needs to be a shrewd, cool headed calculation these days; if not, the guy potentially stands to be ruined if things go wrong.

I wouldn't get too disillusioned with the concept of Grishti Jeevan as an indicator of one's credentials as a true Sikh. You know as well as anyone we aren't supposed to relinquish the hurly burly of life for complete solitude, instead we allow ourselves to remain in the mire of everyday life and fight to become unblemished by its many challenges. At least that's what I think we've been I instructed to do.

Well one of the things you do realise is life is a game and we are playing a part (that is how I see it).

The more naam you do, the more bani you read and understand, life in so many ways begins to make sense though it can be quite hard to articulate in words. It is like taking the red pill like in the Matrix.

Things do not affect you so much as they used to, if there are problems and challenges in life you start to think calmly looking for solutions instead of panicking.

You stop looking for peer approval and from other people and look for Maharaj ' s approval.

That is how I see it anyway.

I doubt suicide rates are actually "soaring" across the world though. People have always killed themselves. Its just that different races do it in different ways. White people tend to do it quietly and without too much fuss by quietly taking a handfull of paracetomols in the bathtub. Black people don't tend to committ suicide. And Punjabis do it in the most loud, melodramatic way so that everyone will know their pain.

Oh and Japanese tend to do it by either stabbing themselves in the stomach with a sword or flying their planes into American military harbours.

I doubt suicide rates are actually "soaring" across the world though. People have always killed themselves. Its just that different races do it in different ways. White people tend to do it quietly and without too much fuss by quietly taking a handfull of paracetomols in the bathtub. Black people don't tend to committ suicide. And Punjabis do it in the most loud, melodramatic way so that everyone will know their pain.

Oh and Japanese tend to do it by either stabbing themselves in the stomach with a sword or flying their planes into American military harbours.

cmon, was with you until you stepped off into caricature land :blink2:

He can and he does. If only people let go of their cynicism and doubts for just a moment.

I don't need to watch land of the living dead , just walk down any street anywhere they are all dead inside ...

There was a time I used to enjoy going to Punjab, and wanted to talk to people from there. But now from the big change in people, and soul less communication, I'm sorry to say I just don't feel to. ?

Agree with dallySingh ji, the thinking of Punjab residents has changed. There is so much emphasis on copying or having same as others eg: spending money without budgeting or thinking that they don't have on weddings, etc, just to fit in or to impress others. It could be spent on themselves instead of others. Then they complain afterwards they got nothing.

The same thing happens abroad too, everybody talks about change, but they never get round to implementing it. Like when are the big flash weddings gonna stop? Never probably. The good old community centre ones were better, at least one wasn't looking at rang barangeh bright fluorescent massive frock suits, trying to dodge past them and wondering when to get up to go to the washroom walking through 20 million people to get there. ??

Rant over. ?