Punjab Is Now Clearly A Fascist State

khalsaman1

Pendu originally meant just villager or rural from the Punjabi word Pind. It was used as a derogatory word in the 1950s when the Sikhs agitated for Punjabi Suba and as the majority of Sikhs lived in the villages and the majority of Hindus in towns, the Hindus used the word Pendu to refer to Sikhs. Later on it started to be used by Sikhs from the towns about Sikhs from the villages. Because of it's derogatory usage most Punjabi newspapers stopped using the word when referring to things like rural areas instead of Pendu ilakay they used the words Dehati ilakay. Same with most notice boards or road signs and in official communications.

Dehati

I have never heard that word. Dont recognize it. Is it meant to be ਦੇਹ੍ਤੀ or something else...

The only real obstacle to this our apnay themselves.

We're meant to be brave, but can't take this leap...

And we need to stop pointing fingers elsewhere, all of this is the results of our own doing.

Are u jatt? Cuz if u r, it would be the 1st jatt ive seen that acknowledges real problems and accepts responsibility.

But being pendu is the greatest thing and isnt like being a peasant. Well it wasnt after peasants in punjab were allowed to become landowners under banda singh bahadur. You will always have an ancestoral home. Even if unemployment were to rise to 90% in panjab, ppl would be ok. (Currently its 80% unemployment in india...accordin to my dad anyway).ppl wont suffer like 1930s american depression where ppl used to go dressed in tie n suits and beg for a job even asking to clean toilets...And if near apocalypse happens, farmers have best advantage and can also do langar.

You dont think ppl stick to being farmers out of loyalty or pride, do u? Its the easiest profession in terms of risk taking, u dont have to come up with any new business product. Also there r many malls, auto shops, hotels being built in panjab now where ppl willingly selling land to build these things. Ludhiana city is mostly industrialized. But i think industrialization hurts us more in terms of climate change..in ludhiana they used to get black rain.

Farming has bad effects cuz bad practices are being used for greed. My relatives use growth hormones shamelessly. My cousin was telling us how they give teeke/shots to kadhus/squash n they grow big in no time. They eat and sell these.

So panjab is being ruined by greedy industrialists n farmers. Who care for profit not safety....

I think pendu is not insulting, we in California pride ourselves in being pendu. But FOB is insulting. Its used to describe the newly arrived who try to be western to the max. Lots of makeup, expensive cars, cut hair, paadi maarni etc. They think getting away from sikhi and culture and a humble background is sophisticated and modern....when the modern world is changing: becomin vegan, caring about environment and animals, appreciating handmade, cultural things, going organic....

Are u jatt? Cuz if u r, it would be the 1st jatt ive seen that acknowledges real problems and accepts responsibility.

But being pendu is the greatest thing and isnt like being a peasant. Well it wasnt after peasants in punjab were allowed to become landowners under banda singh bahadur. You will always have an ancestoral home. Even if unemployment were to rise to 90% in panjab, ppl would be ok. (Currently its 80% unemployment in india...accordin to my dad anyway).ppl wont suffer like 1930s american depression where ppl used to go dressed in tie n suits and beg for a job even asking to clean toilets...And if near apocalypse happens, farmers have best advantage and can also do langar.

I agree, I think it's more about wanting to live more luxurious lifestyles and competing between themselves and others. If the worse happens, farmers will always be able to revert to subsistence farming and have no problem with surviving. They might not get loads of spare cash but they'll live better than many others.

As for juts taking on responsibility. You have to understand their mindsets. They've been led to believe they are the greatest thing since sliced bread from colonial times, and within their culture they don't do critical thinking. That's why the majority never even consider the point that they might be the people responsible for their own condition. When things go great (like the early part of the green revolution) they feel invincible and fully empowered and completely responsible. When they go wrong like today with poor quality farming due to excess chemical use (the negatives of the green revolution experiment), hardly any stop and think and adapt their actions. Instead most go and blame everyone else for their problems. When anyone tries to tell them, they shoot the messenger rather than face facts.

You dont think ppl stick to being farmers out of loyalty or pride, do u? Its the easiest profession in terms of risk taking, u dont have to come up with any new business product. Also there r many malls, auto shops, hotels being built in panjab now where ppl willingly selling land to build these things. Ludhiana city is mostly industrialized. But i think industrialization hurts us more in terms of climate change..in ludhiana they used to get black rain.

Farming has bad effects cuz bad practices are being used for greed. My relatives use growth hormones shamelessly. My cousin was telling us how they give teeke/shots to kadhus/squash n they grow big in no time. They eat and sell these.

Firstly, yes, I do think that status connected to landowning is a significant foundation of jut culture and effects jut society deeply, and that they pride themselves on farming. I don't think it is an easy trade though. There are lots of variables you have to consider, natural and political. Water levels fluctuate, crops fail, prices rise and fall, government policies change. So it isn't as straight forward as you might think all of the time.

As for the outright commonality of bad practice. This goes back to my first paragraph. Not enough reflection and adaptation. Juts have lots of strengths but creativity, reflection and dynamic adaptation at the village level isn't one of them. It's like my older lot say - things change VERY SLOWLY in a village. Sure you might get a smattering of progressives here and there but on the whole they just carry on with business as usual. They are risk averse in this way. They are highly competitive too, so they would have no problem with taking dangerous shortcuts like you mention to stay on top. There is a lack of holistic thinking going on. I mean village carpenters, blacksmiths had to change and adapt to the industrial revolution which made large parts of their livelihood redundant. They just got on with it. Juts struggle with this. They like to be given solutions, they don't like to have to think of, and then implement their own (it's a strange conservatism - risk aversion methinks?). Many juts might not be physically lazy but they are intellectually lazy.

So panjab is being ruined by greedy industrialists n farmers. Who care for profit not safety....

I think pendu is not insulting, we in California pride ourselves in being pendu. But FOB is insulting. Its used to describe the newly arrived who try to be western to the max. Lots of makeup, expensive cars, cut hair, paadi maarni etc.

That's a a fair point. But I don't see progression happening without a strong, modern industrial and technology based economy. Other things can help to, like arts. Look, when I use pendu I'm referring to a lack of sophisticated thinking that grasps all factors at play. It doesn't matter if you come from a pend or not.

They think getting away from sikhi and culture and a humble background is sophisticated and modern....when the modern world is changing: becomin vegan, caring about environment and animals, appreciating handmade, cultural things, going organic...

This is a wonderful point! But again, look at how Sikh juts are/were in the position to be at the forefront of this change you mention but yet again have fallen behind because they haven't jettisoned the failing practices fast enough. They'll get there eventually but the example just illustrates the slow nature of change in that society. The quicker jut farmers embrace modern thinking (which in reality is actually traditional not modern!), the better off they and the rest of Panjab will be.

This rigid, thoughtless, jamboreeing, ostentatious, egocentric, shallow way of life many are following now is the root cause of their problems. Everyone needs to simplify and go back to basics.

Again, I still say that food farming is a very precarious way to make a living. Panjab economy needs diversification.

This is a wonderful point! But again, look at how Sikh juts are/were in the position to be at the forefront of this change you mention but yet again have fallen behind because they haven't jettisoned the failing practices fast enough. They'll get there eventually but the example just illustrates the slow nature of change in that society. The quicker jut farmers embrace modern thinking (which in reality is actually traditional not modern!), the better off they and the rest of Panjab will be.

This rigid, thoughtless, jamboreeing, ostentatious, egocentric, shallow way of life many are following now is the root cause of their problems. Everyone needs to simplify and go back to basics.

Again, I still say that food farming is a very precarious way to make a living. Panjab economy needs diversification.

True, a diverse economy is important. But i think juts are trying to go away from farming. Alot are selling zameens to go to foreign countries, or selling them to corporations. And a lot of youth have degrees. But i guess this is far as they are willing to go. If after they get their degree n cant find a job, they fall back on farming. And since many have small plots now, they do agressive farming. Planting rice and wheat. When traditionally, only 1 main crop was planted like wheat was only planted then for 6 months field was empty or they would grow saag (mustard greens grow in the winter even with frost...u should try it) for a month or so or sabzis. Now they use crazy amounts of fertilizers, pesticides, and water....I think u r right that they are unwilling to change tho. Cuz when we attempted to explain to our cousins ( the growth hormone ones) the dangers of it, they would agree and be like oh yes thats why a lot of ppl are getting diseases like cancer and stuff. So they know the dangers and have even seen the consequences, but wont change. When asked why they do it, they reply oh everyone does it and we cant be competitive and earn enuf if we dont. In panjab schools, the kids r also taught about crop rotatin and fertility of the soil, and stuff but they just dont listen. They think this stuff is for an idealistic world, but not them. Thats why a lot of panjabis dont follow Sikhi injunctions to not take dowry, to not cheat, to not follow fake babe, to not drink, to not follow caste...they think its all idealisic junk for some simple minded, religious folks and just doesnt apply to the real world or their society...

So yes, i'm starting to see why u hate this type of thinking. You label this pendu tho, i would label it greeďy thinking or risk aversive thinking or shirking responsibility. Cuz ppl in cities do it too, for example throwing garbage on streets, building risky structures, polluting rivers and soil without care...i think u r referring to it as pendu thinking cuz its present in almost all 3rd world countries. Where ppl care about getting ahead and not about their country or countrymen or even laws....

That's what I mean. Why isn't someone like this in charge? Eloquent and with integrity. The guys been floating around in the periphery for decades.

When will the voting majority in Panjab stop screwing themselves over and stop pointing fingers everywhere else?

That's what I mean. Why isn't someone like this in charge? Eloquent and with integrity. The guys been floating around in the periphery for decades.

When will the voting majority in Panjab stop screwing themselves over and stop pointing fingers everywhere else?

only question is does his outfit have enough bodies to stand for elections as a seperate party?