Sign in to follow this  
sunny_love_kirtan

Gelatin In Yogurt

I have just found that some flavoured yogurt contain Gelatin in them.

Make sure to always check the ingredients before you buy them.

Who can imagine beef gelatin in yogurt.

http://www.yoplait.com/yoplait-in-action/frequently-asked-questions

Why does Yoplait use gelatin?

Gelatin gives consistency and texture to yogurt and Yoplait uses kosher gelatin that’s beef-derived. Yoplait yogurt carries KD (Kosher Dairy) Certification, certified by Rabbi Barnett Hasden. New Yoplait Greek and Yoplait Greek 100 are great options for those looking for a gelatin-free Yoplait option.

Activia Yogurt

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=625978&storeId=10052&langId=-1

Please check the brand of your flavoured yogurt if you eat any.

• Like 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The other alternative is to have plain yoghurt and add your own choice of fruit and sugar to it. This way you also get your fruit intake, without all the extra unwanted ingredients.

Edited by simran345

The other alternative is to have plain yoghurt and add your own choice of fruit and sugar to it. This way you also get your fruit intake, without all the extra unwanted ingredients.

or honey and vanilla bean paste for great tasting vanilla yogurt much better than shop bought...

• Like 1

Do we also check to see how our sugar is produced? Won't find 'animal bones' in the ingredients...

Best sugar would be organic and unrefined, not available in most supermarkets, but health food stores only.

not true , can get billingtons brand organic and unrefined and sainsburys own brand unrefined I usually use that in house , I know tate and lyle cane sugar is vegan

• Like 1

Guest Jacfsing2

I have just found that some flavoured yogurt contain Gelatin in them.

Make sure to always check the ingredients before you buy them.

Who can imagine beef gelatin in yogurt.

http://www.yoplait.com/yoplait-in-action/frequently-asked-questions

Why does Yoplait use gelatin?

Gelatin gives consistency and texture to yogurt and Yoplait uses kosher gelatin thats beef-derived. Yoplait yogurt carries KD (Kosher Dairy) Certification, certified by Rabbi Barnett Hasden. New Yoplait Greek and Yoplait Greek 100 are great options for those looking for a gelatin-free Yoplait option.

Activia Yogurt

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=625978&storeId=10052&langId=-1

Please check the brand of your flavoured yogurt if you eat any.

Why would yogurt need to have Kosher meat? Is this all companies or just a select few in regards to flavored yogurt?

Why would yogurt need to have Kosher meat? Is this all companies or just a select few in regards to flavored yogurt?

Gelatin is added to yoghurt to give it texture.

Yoplaits kosher gelatin is beef derived.you would have to check the yoghurt you wish you purchase yourself, as there are so many companies making it. The best thing to do is to go on the websites of the ones you wish to buy and look at their ingredients.

Also some yoghurts contain Carmine, which is dead beetles.

Edited by simran345

Yoplaits kosher gelatin is beef derived.you would have to check the yoghurt you wish you purchase yourself, as there are so many companies making it. The best thing to do is to go on the websites of the ones you wish to buy and look at their ingredients.

best bet natural greek yoghurt made from organic milk , a bit pricier but then it doesn't need emulsifiers or thickeners , we buy rachel's or yeo valley (preference is for yeo )

or you can create your own strained yoghurt using coffee filter paper

Edited by jkvlondon

Guest Jacfsing2

Which Yogurt do you use, Penji?

best bet natural greek yoghurt made from organic milk , a bit pricier but then it doesn't need emulsifiers or thickeners , we buy rachel's or yeo valley (preference is for yeo )

or you can create your own strained yoghurt using coffee filter paper

I haven't tried Greek yoghurt yet, will give it a try.

Penji, whats the process of straining yoghurt using coffee filter?

Which Yogurt do you use, Penji?

We normally get the stores brand of natural yoghurt. Never have fruit flavoured, too many ingredients I don't agree with in it.

Like InderjitS ji has said, to be truly safe, one may follow a bibek diet.

I used to make my own yoghurt with jaman, may start doing that again.

jagg you mean? jamun is indian plum like fruit...

greek yoghurt is made like normal yoghurt then strained to lose some of the whey to make it thicker ...you can strain same way using coffee filter paper bags ...or fine weave cloth

jagg you mean? jamun is indian plum like fruit...

Penji we say dahi nu jaman launa or jamana. Hanji I know the other jamun is are small black plums like fruit. Not them.

My mother says jagg, but I take after my grandma so I say jaman.