How To Attract New People To The Gurdwara

Big_Tera

In my observations, a lot of males will train individually or with a gym buddy particularly when you need someone to spot you.

Females prefer group training, things like boot camp or circuit training. There are a growing number Sikh female personal trainers who offer these services.

Hanji Paji Ranjeet, that is right. It's good to hear of the Sikh female trainers, but I'm not sure this is at all Gurdwara gyms though. The gyms should encourage females to also participate.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to be a good Sikh yourself and following the Guru's teachings are enough to inspire others to go to the Guradwara. Talk about the goodness of prayer to your friends. Just telling people to go to the Guradwara doe not work.

Help anyone you see in distress and remind them about the goodness of the word of God. They will pray transform and be thankful and go the guradwara.

Just going to the Guradwara does not make you a good Gursikh. Trying to follow and keeping on reminding yourself about the teachings of the Gurus is the main thing you ought to focus on as well.

The Guradwara provides sangat and naam in sangat is powerful. Kirtan helps the wandering mind to concentrate better. Learn the shabads of Gurbani and talk to others about the meanings. This will inspire them.

I had a friend who was very dhukhi and very angry with her husband. I encouraged her to pray. Surprising she is now at the Guradwara more often than before. She does Sukhmani nearly everyday. If she cant she listens to the tape. She admits all her anger and bad thoughts have now dissappeared. She is a much happier and more confident person. She even stopped doing chugli of other people. She stopped having arguments with her mum in law. She still has dhukh in her life but she does not focus on it now. She said it does not hurt her anymore. Her focus in on not missing her path everyday.

So this is the best way to encourage others. When we encourage them, they are the ones who remind us back when we seem to be loosing our way and forgetting to say our prayers as regularly as we did.

Trying to be a good Sikh yourself and following the Guru's teachings are enough to inspire others to go to the Guradwara. Talk about the goodness of prayer to your friends. Just telling people to go to the Guradwara doe not work.

Help anyone you see in distress and remind them about the goodness of the word of God. They will pray transform and be thankful and go the guradwara.

Just going to the Guradwara does not make you a good Gursikh. Trying to follow and keeping on reminding yourself about the teachings of the Gurus is the main thing you ought to focus on as well.

The Guradwara provides sangat and naam in sangat is powerful. Kirtan helps the wandering mind to concentrate better. Learn the shabads of Gurbani and talk to others about the meanings. This will inspire them.

I had a friend who was very dhukhi and very angry with her husband. I encouraged her to pray. Surprising she is now at the Guradwara more often than before. She does Sukhmani nearly everyday. If she cant she listens to the tape. She admits all her anger and bad thoughts have now dissappeared. She is a much happier and more confident person. She even stopped doing chugli of other people. She stopped having arguments with her mum in law. She still has dhukh in her life but she does not focus on it now. She said it does not hurt her anymore. Her focus in on not missing her path everyday.

So this is the best way to encourage others. When we encourage them, they are the ones who remind us back when we seem to be loosing our way and forgetting to say our prayers as regularly as we did.

Thanks for that. Hopefully we can all do our bit to encourage others.

P.s with regards to the leaflets. Having made and distributed them. what I recommend is handing them out early in the morning at about 8.30 am to 2.pm. This is because at this time people are not rushing and are more in a good mood. They are also less defensive when you approach them. when its dark in the eveneing people are more wary of people and generally rushing to get home back from work and wont take the leaflet.

Best places to hand the leaflets are outside busy tube or railway stations. to cut on the costs on printing i also suggest keeping each leaflet to about 1 0r 2 A4 pages. this is because you can write links to websites were you can give more information and it is alot more cost effective and productive.

I now make 1 leaflet out of one or 2 a size sheets of paper and design it into a booklet . that way each booklet will cost 15 -20 pence max at an internet cafe to print off. maybe cheaper if you use your own printer. try and use links to info to cut down on how much you write and just include key information.