How To Gain Strength

kaurp

My husband was told to be an engineer and living in canada.after marriage he left job and in sometime he decided to come back to India.he left the job not company fired him first thing second thing I left my job here in India when I had to go to canada with him.he never gave me financial security and coming back to India was his decision not our mutual decision.it was told that we will settle there so things were planned that way.now my entire stuff is there at canada and my passport and pr card is with him.there were many things which I didnt find right and then one fine day when I was abused mentally I called up my parents to take me back to my home.now I am struggling hard to earn my bread and butter.

WJKKWJKF

I need advice if somebody can help.How to remain calm in tough times, when you are all alone after losing everything and everyone.I dont feel like getting up and doing path these days.And my mind is always always thinking too much.I know we cant do anything only God has the power but I am unable to surrender so I keep on crying and remain so stressed all the time.How to eradicate this negativity and gain the strength to surrender and accept God's will.

Our strength is Wahiguru alone.

When we are left alone at some time or other, our mind tries to run outwards as that it has been doing since aeons. And there out again it finds nothing but mere shadows and smoke, which is all maya about.

The real peace, Sukhmani, the real Amrit, is within us. And thanks to our Guru Sahibans, through the Bani, we should follow their instructions diligently and faithfully to be able to have a sip of that Amrit, and become Sat Chit Anand, which means, one with Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

I think at the heart of debilitating negativity are thought waves.

We are lucky as Sikhs that our religion actually has techniques that (amongst other things) are designed to combat these and help speed up the process (and that's what it is: a process) of healing from emotional/psychological hurt.

Speaking from experience. Forcing yourself to do paat, even with your brain zooming all over the place and being overpowered by negative thought-waves arising from your experiences, helps break up the thought patterns. That's the secret. It's the thoughts being generated from your munh that are making you feel bad. You have to firstly disrupt them, this helps them go away faster. But the healing wont happen overnight - as said before, it is a process - and it will take its own time.

Let the rhythms of the bani help fight back the feelings you are having and help you take back control of your mind. You'll soon find certain bani seems to help you more when you do this. Sukhmani Sahib is universally known to help people, but personally I also find the hard rhythms of Jaap Sahib very strengthening.

Recognise the emotions/feelings that you are having and recognise that you have to transcend them. Tell yourself it will happen. Avoid wallowing in the emotions you are feeling.