Khalsa Raj - Come Off It Son

Guest WallaWallaBingBong

The reason I am against a "Khalsa Raj" (Khalistan) is not because I am against Sikhs having freedom, or because I think we are incapable.

I am against it because it will just be another government on this planet.

Instead, get freedom but don't set up a government. Because then you are playing the same game all over again.

Before setting for heavenly abode, Sri Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Guru, the founder of order of Khalsa brotherhood, conferred the Guruship to Sri Granth Sahib as a living Guru of Khalsa. He then sang his self-composed hymn:

"Agya bhai Akal ki tabhi chalayo Panth Sabh Sikhan ko hukam hai Guru manyo Granth Guru Granth Ji manyo pargat Guran ki deh Jo Prabhu ko milbo chahe khoj shabad mein le Raj karega Khalsa aqi rahei na koe Khwar hoe sabh milange bache sharan jo hoe."

Raj Karega Khalsa - The Khalsa shall have Rule and Reign

Now, look at the state of the Khalsa today. Who seriously thinks the Khlasa could rule the world in the state we are in! Individually, socially or as a community! I'm actually struggling to think of anything the Khalsa does and could rule / reign over today! Major companies? No. Senate? No.

We are lacking so much and personally I believe we are SO beyond par on a global scale when compared to how much the world has advanced - it would be a joke if the Khalsa was to take charge today. The world would reject us, we would fail our Raj.

The bitter truth is the world doesn't need Khalsa Raj in it's current form and state. It's doing fine without us. And until we don't up our game, the would will never need, nor want Khalsa Raj, nor will the Khalsa have it.

I think your poster name says more about your intentions than your post....WallaWallaBingBong.. You have no true intentions of discussing Khalsa Raj, but only want to put doubts in others minds of establishing a Khalsa Raj. Fire up a topic, only to hurt the panth and watch Sikhs fight among themselves about a topic Guru Sahib has already spoken about and said what will occur.

Guru Sahib said Khalsa Raj will happen and it will occur on Vaheguru's terms, not yours or anyone else's. The state of the Khalsa Panth is not a reflection on how and when the Khalsa Raj will occur. If it were, then Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji would have never been able to come on this earth as people were deeply burning in maya. How did Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji get people to change when people were deeply immersed in maya? Some people believe in themselves and some believe in others to accomplish things. Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji left it up to Vaheguru and Sikhi came to be formed. Guru Sahib didn't use a ounce of power. Yet, here you are using all your strength to fight against Khalsa Raj. It is your own inner shortcomings preventing you from seeing the bigger picture.

You have no clue what Khalsa Raj is. The world's weight is rest in the shoulders of the Khalsa. By Khalsa, Guru Sahib doesn't mean doctors and professors of secular knowledge, yet these people write themselves off as Sikh doctors or professors. Neither does Guru Sahib mean the secular folks, who give their time toward helping others and party hard on Friday and Saturday. Neither does Guru Sahib mean the people who dress as Sikhs for pictures and those who have no intention of following Sikhi and say...Sikhi is about the inside...

The reason I am against a "Khalsa Raj" (Khalistan) is not because I am against Sikhs having freedom, or because I think we are incapable.

I am against it because it will just be another government on this planet.

Instead, get freedom but don't set up a government. Because then you are playing the same game all over again.

Where in Guru Sahib's writing does Guru Sahib say Khalsa Raj will be another government on this planet? You don't have an understanding of what Khalsa Raj is and you have wrapped your jaded views to it. Khalsa Raj will rule over every soul as Guru Sahib has said.

• 1 month later...

I heard that Maharaja Ranjit Singh was the reincarnation of Aurangzeb. Apparently, he was inconsolable when he reached the afterlife after his reign of terror as emperor, so he was offered birth as a Sikh and the eventual Sikh kingdom as a way of making amends for his mistakes as the Mughal Emperor. Probably explains Maharaja Ranjit Singh's predilection for Muslim females; the soul memory lives on, lol.

Myths.

I was just curious to know where you heard this from as I have realised that Maharaja Ranjit Singh had quite a sane upbringing as in he had complete faith in the Guru Granth Sahib. He carried out regular akand paths before any war.

I doubt it that he was the reincarnation of Aurangzeb, and I doubt it that he preferred Muslim females. Is it a part of history which has been twisted to lead people astray, I wonder?

I have read in the original punjabi kalgitar chamatkar book which details Guru Gobind Singh Jis life that he was a reincarnation of the pandit who helped Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Please confirm.

I was just curious to know where you heard this from as I have realised that Maharaja Ranjit Singh had quite a sane upbringing as in he had complete faith in the Guru Granth Sahib. He carried out regular akand paths before any war.

I doubt it that he was the reincarnation of Aurangzeb, and I doubt it that he preferred Muslim females. Is it a part of history which has been twisted to lead people astray, I wonder?

I have read in the original punjabi kalgitar chamatkar book which details Guru Gobind Singh Jis life that he was a reincarnation of the pandit who helped Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Please confirm.

I heard it from a Giani when I was a kid. It wasn't on stage or anything, it was a group of few young Singhs and the Giani. Who knows whether it's true or not. A lot of events can be retrofitted to fit a narrative after the fact.

Guest Jacfsing2

I was just curious to know where you heard this from as I have realised that Maharaja Ranjit Singh had quite a sane upbringing as in he had complete faith in the Guru Granth Sahib. He carried out regular akand paths before any war. I doubt it that he was the reincarnation of Aurangzeb, and I doubt it that he preferred Muslim females. Is it a part of history which has been twisted to lead people astray, I wonder?I have read in the original punjabi kalgitar chamatkar book which details Guru Gobind Singh Jis life that he was a reincarnation of the pandit who helped Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Please confirm.

If you believe Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji is the very form of Vaheguru, and that only he can forgive sins and past Karma, the simple idea that Ranjit Singh could've been Aurangzeb is actually the least hardest thing to believe. Also Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji is most compassionate as well as most merciful, (even if Hitler or worse tyrants went and asked for forgiveness I assume Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji would at the very least give the lost souls another chance). I probably committed horrendous paaps in my past life or something, I don't know, but I do know this in all those 8.4 million lives or something, we probably did things the world considers unforgivable: but to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, even these things can be forgiven. "ਕਾਮਿ ਕਰੋਧਿ ਮੋਹਿ ਵਸਿ ਕੀਆ ਕਿਰਪਨ ਲੋਭਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥ कामि करोधि मोहि वसि कीआ किरपन लोभि पिआरु ॥ Kām karoḏẖ mohi vas kī▫ā kirpan lobẖ pi▫ār. When you are under the power of sexual desire, anger and worldly attachment, or a greedy miser in love with your wealth;

ਚਾਰੇ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਉਨਿ ਅਘ ਕੀਏ ਹੋਆ ਅਸੁਰ ਸੰਘਾਰੁ ॥ चारे किलविख उनि अघ कीए होआ असुर संघारु ॥ Cẖāre kilvikẖ un agẖ kī▫e ho▫ā asur sangẖār. if you have committed the four great sins and other mistakes; even if you are a murderous fiend

ਪੋਥੀ ਗੀਤ ਕਵਿਤ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਦੇ ਨ ਕਰਨਿ ਧਰਿਆ ॥ पोथी गीत कवित किछु कदे न करनि धरिआ ॥ Pothī gīṯ kaviṯ kicẖẖ kaḏe na karan ḏẖari▫ā. who has never taken the time to listen to sacred books, hymns and poetry -

ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਨਿਮਖ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਤਰਿਆ ॥੪॥ चिति आवै ओसु पारब्रहमु ता निमख सिमरत तरिआ ॥४॥ Cẖiṯ āvai os pārbarahm ṯā nimakẖ simraṯ ṯari▫ā. ||4|| if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, and contemplate Him, even for a moment, you shall be saved. ||4|| "

(Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang. 70)