The Gurdian Report 13 Pakistani Men Who Raped A Girl

Hammertime007

What about the idea of them simply not being mentally equipped to do so? Variance is a fact of nature. A significant part of our behaviour stems from biological factors relating to neurological characteristics - if the ability for reflection and self-critique are influenced by the biological make up of our brain, and intelligence varies within a community - how can we expect everyone (or even most of us) to be able to do this thing, which is essentially higher order thinking?

That's some next level stuff, hehe.

I'm sure those of us of a certain generation that had grandparents back home, who may not have been formally educated or trained due to various cultural, familial, or other related reasons, but did have an innate intelligence that made them formidable, would probably say there's more to "knowing" than what's found in a textbook.

In many ways they were smarter and more astute than the hordes of our current lot who have a handful of degrees and qualifications. It wasn't a weasly, street-smart kind of intelligence, but a genuine understanding and appreciation of the world and human psychology based on their existence and experiences. Yet, we call them unpadh because they never set foot inside a classroom their entire lives!

What I'm trying to say is that ignorance is not an excuse, and not trying to better oneself is an even bigger crime. Going through life, skimming the surface and revelling in the shallow superficialities of existence is an indictment on the individual. Clearly, people have varying abilities based on genetics and similar factors, but I don't think anyone with a fully-functioning mind has any excuse to cite extenuating circumstances.

Lack of self-critique and introspection could be more due to cultural factors.

Probably a mix. Went to relatives house the other day and saw what passes for Panjabi culture on the cable TV there. It was so dumbed down. Basically a bunch of colourfully dressed blokes, grinning and dancing, it makes you wonder about the complete lack of intellectual sophistication on part of the culture most of us come from.

In many ways they were smarter and more astute than the hordes of our current lot who have a handful of degrees and qualifications. It wasn't a weasly, street-smart kind of intelligence, but a genuine understanding and appreciation of the world and human psychology based on their existence and experiences. Yet, we call them unpadh because they never set foot inside a classroom their entire lives!

The other aspect is that they still lived quite culturally sterile lives. People knew their place back then, and only a few traversed boundaries (not that this was culturally acceptable). Today we live in a totally different context.

Arguably, it was the inability of the older generation to truly face up to changes that came about them in the diaspora; as well as a complete lack of comprehension regarding the sexual predator nature of other communities that have made us a bit of joke in this department today, this doesn't point at any understanding of human psyche or social behaviour in any depth to me. They also totally misread (or plainly couldn't see) the surreptitious and subtle nature of cultural conversions that we face today from other communities (like goray) and these are some of the strongest causes of the problems we've seen with grooming, conversions and a general apathy towards one's heritage and culture in my eyes.

That all being said, they did a fair bit right in economic terms.

^ Thats absolutely wrong and the irony there is that while you're attempt was to demonstrate the self-loathing, inferiority complex of other Sikhs, particularly Sikh girls, you've actually demonstrated your own inferiority complex because you've criticised your own people without showing any understanding of 'who controls your people' , i.e what happens when a people live under the unethical and immoral rule of a foreign power, in this case India.

You see men with turbans dancing while smling, in colourfull clothing, on your TV screens not because that is all men with turbans do but because the nation that occupies those men with turbans wishes to relegate us to a position in society which is nothing more than 'fun-loving people that exist to provide Indians with entertainment'. The way they do this is actually quite clever because if you notice from Indian TV programmes they have a certain way of doing things, a way of ensuring the Indian narrative of 'what these people with turbans exist for' is always maintained. For example, if there is a Hindu singer, or a mona singer with hair cut, they will ensure that all the background dancers are men with turbans and full beards thus giving the singers performance a aura of legitimacy and realism as 'real Punjabi music'. On the other hand, whenever they have a turban and beared singer, for example Malkit singh or Daler Mehndi, they will always ensure the background dancers are Bombay Hindu dancers because essentially, they don't want the performance to appear on the TV screen as too Sikh.

They're very clever with what they do and obviously successful in their attempt because they've managed you convince you to hate your own people rather than see what the occupiers and mental slave masters are doing.

You totally eliminate any agency on our part with the above. Our own people lap this ish up willingly. I'm talking about another thing outside of Bollywood representations here. I'm talking about our own simple barn dance loving mentality. There was a time for this, and it was innocent. But the fact that A LOT of our people still use this kind of stuff as culturally definitive of ourselves (not because of anyone else), says a lot.

There is a complete lack of progression and we are to blame for this more than anyone else. You might be a typical victim mentality pendu type yourself - me, I have higher expectations of ourselves, instead of all the excuses as in the above.

And I am disgusted with these obviously simple minded, fun loving representation in the 21st century. We all should be. That doesn't mean I'm self-hating, because I don't see those people as anything but simple idiots who don't know better and have a poor grasp of the world. The problem is that there are too many of them. They should find more beneficial pursuits outside of being a dancing, grinning pendu.