Very Powerful Picture Of Compassion

N30S1NGH

I am a vegan so the remark is one of asinine ones that I typically here from Meat eaters in support of their cruel practices !

Plants do not have a nervous system and we have to follow the principle of minimum harm !

BTW next time someone tells you that plants have feelings too - retort with

"Then take your banana for a walk instead of your dog " :)

Banana grows on banana trees and if you do not treat your plants well you won't get the desired 'fruits'.

Next time someone tell you that fruit is a plant ask him to plant it.

Banana grows on banana trees and if you do not treat your plants well you won't get the desired 'fruits'.

Next time someone tell you that fruit is a plant ask him to plant it.

More of this pseudo science? Do you feel guilty about eating plants, considering you believe they have feelings?

Our perspective on anything will always be limited due to our human constraints. Think of a forest - as a collective whole it is like an organism and a living being. If you look bios and ecosystems, particularly most sensitive ones, it's impossible to separate any form of life from the whole without detrimentally effecting the entire system.

You can go out in perspective and think of the planet as an organism and even further or you can look further in at a simple plant and how it supports life in a ripple effect. All life is precious and our perspective and ego will always define what we see as life.

Although the title is a bit sensationalist, but it just goes to show that plants are very much living:

To me, just because a living organism is sentient, in the bigger picture, I don't give it precedent over a non sentient being. For life to exist all life is precious and limiting yourself to becoming complacent in one mindset is very dangerous in the long run. Think of the US Fish and Wildlife government agency and how they monitor population levels of game. Prior to scientists tracking populations there were dwindling populations of game, but the flip side was when they were allowed to flourish (unwatched) then they would destroy the natural greenery which would in effect butterfly effect into the entire ecosystem killing off a lot of life.

The second someone starts to act like they know what they're talking about - i will never take them seriously. Whether they're a vegan or a big mac eater. This discussion requires it to be looked at a place from humility and a pinch of self-admitted ignorance.

No I don't because they are made to eat. Plants want us to eat them.

You can't deny facts balkaar.

No, I can't, but we should clarify what the facts are here Singhji.

The fact is that all forms of life (except human life) are geared towards a single-purpose, and that purpose is self-preservation (with the ultimate aim of the proliferation of their genes). Lifeforms, including plants, evolve by increasing their chances of survival, not by decreasing them, which would be the obvious consequence of wishing to be eaten. This idea of yours runs contrary to everything we know about biology. More than that, plants can't want anything - they have no brains, no minds, no nervous systems, no ability to think in the abstract (which is the prerequisite for wants/desires).

I myself am a vegetarian, but that shouldn't preclude me from asking why plants are made to eat in your opinion whereas animals are not. This is a very messy idea you're tangling with, because it cuts in more directions than one. Some would argue that animals are after all made to be eaten by humans, given that we possess canines and digestive systems geared towards assimilating animal matter as well as plant.

No, I can't, but we should clarify what the facts are here Singhji.

The fact is that all forms of life (except human life) are geared towards a single-purpose, and that purpose is self-preservation (with the ultimate aim of the proliferation of their genes). Lifeforms, including plants, evolve by increasing their chances of survival, not by decreasing them, which would be the obvious consequence of wishing to be eaten. This idea of yours runs contrary to everything we know about biology. More than that, plants can't want anything - they have no brains, no minds, no nervous systems, no ability to think in the abstract (which is the prerequisite for wants/desires).

I myself am a vegetarian, but that shouldn't preclude me from asking why plants are made to eat in your opinion whereas animals are not. This is a very messy idea you're tangling with, because it cuts in more directions than one. Some would argue that animals are after all made to be eaten by humans, given that we possess canines and digestive systems geared towards assimilating animal matter as well as plant.

Again backing facts by scientific reasoning.

Science does not believe in Souls. Does it?

Just tell me, don't you believe plants have a soul just like animals and us.

Meat is not made for human consumption because it takes ten times more time to digest in comparison to plant based diet because the acidic base in our stomach can break it down easier.

There are numerous of animals which have canine teeth but are vegetarian.

Science does not believe in Souls. Does it?

Just tell me, don't you believe plants have a soul just like animals and us.

Of course plants have souls, but the soul isn't the thing that experiences wants, desires and feelings. That's what the ego does. Plants have no egos.