Very Powerful Picture Of Compassion

N30S1NGH

Guest Jacfsing2

Plants probably do feel pain, people claiming otherwise are probably wrong; however, we have to be kind and not massacre them. (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Har Rai Ji felt the loss of a flower that had innocently lost it's life, that means something for what it's worth). Even though we will never reach the compassion of someone who is the very light of Vaheguru, we should be at the very least ethical.

Plants probably do feel pain, people claiming otherwise are probably wrong; however, we have to be kind and not massacre them. (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Har Rai Ji felt the loss of a flower that had innocently lost it's life, that means something for what it's worth). Even though we will never reach the compassion of someone who is the very light of Vaheguru, we should be at the very least ethical.

Guru Har Rai sahib had a beautiful garden of various flowers which they took care of by themself. They also built a clinic for injured and sick animals and gave free ointments and medicine for them. They preached to have compassionate care of the environment which include living beings such as animals and plants.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I take gurbani over us mortal's opinions (myself included) -

Khoob khana Khichri Jeh Mein Amrit Loon ||

Heiyre roti karne gala katave kaun ||

Great is the simple food of rice and lentils, for who would like to die to end up someone else's food .

This line clearly indicates that eating plants is fine , whereas eating animals - "gal vad hatya kamae" , also animals feel both fear and pain - what kind of spiritual person will be cold to their cries ?

I am very aware of that shabad veer ji , but if we do not eat even plants - how will we survive - "jeeya ka ahaar jee " - also when in doubt , follow the principle of least harm -

Also when you eat an apple the apple tree does not die - the fruit is the reproductive part of the tree which it does want to be consumed so the seeds can travel a bit

On another note people who claim holier than thou by being vegeterians need to check up on how cruel the dairy industry is and should go full vegan to ensure cows are not mistreated (not to mention supporting the horrendous practice of veal)/.

I am very aware of that shabad veer ji , but if we do not eat even plants - how will we survive - "jeeya ka ahaar jee " - also when in doubt , follow the principle of least harm -

Also when you eat an apple the apple tree does not die - the fruit is the reproductive part of the tree which it does want to be consumed so the seeds can travel a bit

On another note people who claim holier than thou by being vegeterians need to check up on how cruel the dairy industry is and should go full vegan to ensure cows are not mistreated (not to mention supporting the horrendous practice of veal)/.

Sorry but I literally laughed out loud at "how will we survive".

We survive based on God's will, my friend. Waheguru is the supreme being. Everything happens in his will. If he wishes for us to survive, we survive. We suffer based on our karams. Waheguru is always great.

Could you further explain what you mean by "people who claim holier than thou by being vegetarians"? Are you implying that vegetarians look down upon meat eaters?

Do you eat meat?

Sorry but I literally laughed out loud at "how will we survive".

We survive based on God's will, my friend. Waheguru is the supreme being. Everything happens in his will. If he wishes for us to survive, we survive. We suffer based on our karams. Waheguru is always great.

And I laughed out loud at at this. Are you joking? You know exactly what he meant by "how will we survive", and your comment is a perfect illustration of a 'holier than thou' Sikh finding stuff to be indignant about where there is none. Do you eat God's will with your roti? Do you drink God's will when you're feeling thirsty? I doubt it, it's quite difficult to log onto an internet forum and be extremely patronizing to people when you've starved to death.

Don't hide your questionable ideas behind a veneer of profundity or Gurmat. Our Guru is all powerful, but there is no precedent in Gurbani for living your life like a passive sea cucumber just waiting for God to do everything for you.

And I laughed out loud at at this. Are you joking? You know exactly what he meant by "how will we survive", and your comment is a perfect illustration of a 'holier than thou' Sikh finding stuff to be indignant about where there is none. Do you eat God's will with your roti? Do you drink God's will when you're feeling thirsty? I doubt it, it's quite difficult to log onto an internet forum and be extremely patronizing to people when you've starved to death.

Don't hide your questionable ideas behind a veneer of profundity or Gurmat. Our Guru is all powerful, but there is no precedent in Gurbani for living your life like a passive sea cucumber just waiting for God to do everything for you.

All this anger but you never answered my question. Do you eat meat?

I'll respond once you've answered. Thanks.