Hmmm...5 Leaves For Shaheedi Degh - Marijuana Or Not?

What about the ENORMOUS discrepancy in the physicality of life a few generations ago compared to now. If you were a mistri - you'd be sawing trees and drilling holes without electric tools. If you was a farmer, you'd have no tractor/combine harvester. You'd be carrying around your tools without cars/trucks. Singhs were famous for shockingly long swift marches. Even being a 'housewife' would be laborious with all the churning for malai/butter. All of this under a blazing sun. The only people in Sikh society that didn't live very physical lives would be the mercantile class.

We expend a tiny amount of energy compared to our recent ancestors but eat more - add to this some sort of genetic predisposition to storing fat in the gut area a lot of us have - it doesn't take a genius to figure out where that is going to take us. The examples are all around.

1242453653664-punjab%20police.jpg

A result of over eating mostly because Indians have this odd fear that they MUST eat everything aforementioned by JKV that comes into the home through functions is not only obesity but a long list of associated life changing symptoms.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There actually are health benefits associated with tobacco, 'Nicotine is an anti-inflammatory agent and has been shown, among other things to prevent and treat Alzheimer’s, as well as delay the onset

First thing is that I stopped training it for a good while. Then I'd also apply a hot and cold shower to the troubled area, meaning that I'd put it under hot water for a minute or two and then suddenl

If you look closely you will notice a lot of our people suffer from central obesity which means skinny arms and legs but big belly.The pic shown of the two men is a perfect example of this. This is a

A result of over eating mostly because Indians have this odd fear that they MUST eat everything aforementioned by JKV that comes into the home through functions is not only obesity but a long list of associated life changing symptoms.

I've been watching a lot of youtube vids of people who seriously train (like the Hodgetwins) they can get away with eating a lot more junk because they counter balance it with hard physical training.

We could get away with eating more crap if people did a hell of a lot more physical activity.

I've been watching a lot of youtube vids of people who seriously train (like the Hodgetwins) they can get away with eating a lot more junk because they counter balance it with hard physical training.

We could get away with eating more crap if people did a hell of a lot more physical activity.

I didn't read this thread, but this is true for people who eat within their goal caloric intake range. For powerlifters of that weight they intake a lot of calories (some of them do abuse roids, but I'm sure the hodgetwins are natural).

The reason why they can eat starches and white breads is because their metabolism is adapted because they're athletes. They utilize the energy while doing high intensity workouts and overall they still hit their target calorie range. A new person needs to forget about everything and simply track their weight in a notebook while logging exactly how much they're eating with calories.

May take time to read other pages of this topic, but seems to have diverted a lot lol

I didn't read this thread, but this is true for people who eat within their goal caloric intake range. For powerlifters of that weight they intake a lot of calories (some of them do abuse roids, but I'm sure the hodgetwins are natural).

The reason why they can eat starches and white breads is because their metabolism is adapted because they're athletes. They utilize the energy while doing high intensity workouts and overall they still hit their target calorie range. A new person needs to forget about everything and simply track their weight in a notebook while logging exactly how much they're eating with calories.

May take time to read other pages of this topic, but seems to have diverted a lot lol

Thing is, with the Hodgetwins, they eat strategically. So you could bet that they would do have done some intermittent fasting from the night before, and then had a serious training session, then maybe not eat for a few more hours and then do something like the above.

Yeah, don't know how the thread diverged, but I feel that all the points regarding imbibing marijuana had been made by now.

Thing is, with the Hodgetwins, they eat strategically. So you could bet that would do have done some intermittent fasting from the night before, and then had a serious training session, then maybe not eat for a few more hours and then do something like the above.

Yeah, don't know how the thread diverged, but I feel that all the points regarding imbibing marijuana had been made by now.

Yeah intermittent fasting works. I'm currently doing that, but heard about it a while back mentioned by the hodgetwins.

Meal timing is also really important when you're working out as well.

Currently have an injury so I can't lift for another month or so and am just cutting.

Currently have an injury so I can't lift for another month or so and am just cutting.

These things can come and go. Best to be careful about aggravating things though - or 'snapping your <banned word filter activated> up' as the Hodgetwins would say.

I had this shoulder issue for like 2 years once! And I used to love training shoulders. (Thankfully it's shorted now, but I'm more careful with any shoulder exercises). Have to work around these things as best you can.

These things can come and go. Best to be careful about aggravating things though - or 'snapping your <banned word filter activated> up' as the Hodgetwins would say.

I had this shoulder issue for like 2 years once! And I used to love training shoulders. (Thankfully it's shorted now, but I'm more careful with any shoulder exercises). Have to work around these things as best you can.

Paji, How did your shoulder sort out?

First thing is that I stopped training it for a good while. Then I'd also apply a hot and cold shower to the troubled area, meaning that I'd put it under hot water for a minute or two and then suddenly switch to cold for a minute or so, then back to hot and so forth. It seemed to help recovery. I can't remember where I picked that tip up from? I'd also gentle massage the area from time to time.

Then when I did start to train shoulders again, I started with the lightest weight possible. And stopped if the pain ever got 'weird'.

Thing is, when you are really young and train, you can sometimes be real stupid and just carry on training even though you are feeling some funky pains (some macho bull-ish), when you get a bit more wiser you start to realise that 'Hang on! That's actually my body trying to tell me something! I'd better listen!' lol

Now, if I feel that twinge of pain that signifies that injury is resurfacing (when training) I stop that exercise right there, and don't carry on with it, giving my shoulders a rest, whereas in the past I might have just carried on - like a right bewakoof. I usually go and do another exercise then.

Thanks. I've pulled a muscle a while back, which affects my shoulder area sometimes. I tried the heat to it which helped. But was told to put cold ice on it, but that made it worse. The gentle massage is a good idea. Sometimes it seems it's recovered, but then it will just resurface like you said out of the blue, but it isn't as bad as it was.

I was wondering whether it would be an idea to go to a chiropractor? One of my past work colleagues have a pinched nerve, I think m, but can't remember exactly. She tried everything but nothing worked, and she gave up work too. But somebody recommended a chiropracters to her and they sorted her out in 2 sessions. Any experience of them ?

Thanks. I've pulled a muscle a while back, which affects my shoulder area sometimes. I tried the heat to it which helped. But was told to put cold ice on it, but that made it worse. The gentle massage is a good idea. Sometimes it seems it's recovered, but then it will just resurface like you said out of the blue, but it isn't as bad as it was.

I was wondering whether it would be an idea to go to a chiropractor? One of my past work colleagues have a pinched nerve, I think m, but can't remember exactly. She tried everything but nothing worked, and she gave up work too. But somebody recommended a chiropracters to her and they sorted her out in 2 sessions. Any experience of them ?

I haven't but I had a relative that was referred to one because of back issues. Thing was, he was quite overweight then. It helped him a bit, but I think mostly in getting to understand his problem in biological terms because he found continuing the exercises he was given difficult.

His chiropractor told him he had a weak core. Now knowing this information we started training and concentrated on core (i.e. abs and the muscles on the lower back), but with different exercises to the ones the chiropractor suggested and his problem went away (he lost a lot of weight during this time too). I think some problems might arise from having certain supporting muscles being compromised in some way (lack of training them to be strong or injury or just natural weakness in that department) and these can cause problems to occur else where. Like my relative having a weak core mean that his general posture wasn't good and it was this that caused the back issues as a consequence. Once those supporting muscles were strengthened it seemed to sort him right out.

I'm having a slight issue with some tendon (I think it is?) that goes from my bicep to half way up my forearm right now. It means that I can't do certain exercises where I have to twist my arm in a certain way (that I could do not long ago), so what i'm doing now is using the lightest weight to exercise that very motion to try and slowly and gradually strengthen that area again.

Definitely go and see a chiropractor if you can get a referral - if for nothing else than to get a second opinion on the causes of the problem. If it is muscular, they will suggest exercises to target and strengthen any problem areas. Then you can find other exercises to target that area too and find ones that suit you.

• Like 1

3 key points when doing any kind of lifting in the gym. This will help to prevent injuries:

- Warm Up

- Correct Form

- Cool down

• Like 1

I haven't but I had a relative that was referred to one because of back issues. Thing was, he was quite overweight then. It helped him a bit, but I think mostly in getting to understand his problem in biological terms because he found continuing the exercises he was given difficult.

His chiropractor told him he had a weak core. Now knowing this information we started training and concentrated on core (i.e. abs and the muscles on the lower back), but with different exercises to the ones the chiropractor suggested and his problem went away (he lost a lot of weight during this time too). I think some problems might arise from having certain supporting muscles being compromised in some way (lack of training them to be strong or injury or just natural weakness in that department) and these can cause problems to occur else where. Like my relative having a weak core mean that his general posture wasn't good and it was this that caused the back issues as a consequence. Once those supporting muscles were strengthened it seemed to sort him right out.

I'm having a slight issue with some tendon (I think it is?) that goes from my bicep to half way up my forearm right now. It means that I can't do certain exercises where I have to twist my arm in a certain way (that I could do not long ago), so what i'm doing now is using the lightest weight to exercise that very motion to try and slowly and gradually strengthen that area again.

Definitely go and see a chiropractor if you can get a referral - if for nothing else than to get a second opinion on the causes of the problem. If it is muscular, they will suggest exercises to target and strengthen any problem areas. Then you can find other exercises to target that area too and find ones that suit you.

Thank you for reminding me about the posture. I forgot about that, I should get my literature out again. Yes I'm pushing for a referral and waiting to hear on it.

3 key points when doing any kind of lifting in the gym. This will help to prevent injuries:

- Warm Up

- Correct Form

- Cool down

Thank you for this, but I don't go to gym. It happened whilst I was waking up, tried to be superwoman and thought I could reach my mobile with me sleeping the other way ?? oops.
  • Like 1