A Journey Into Sikhi Akali Vadbhag Singh Nihung

to earn farla he must have done immense sewa , to earn bana it takes a lot too ... don't go by outside deh ..remember when SInghs laughed on Kirpal Das Udasi because Dasmesh Pita ji had given agiya and thappi for Kirpal Das to do sewa in maidani Jang . The singhs could only see the round tummy and the basically nanga sareer , the simple club in his hand and said what can he do ? But My Pita ji saw the inside life and Kirpal Das went and did sewa for the panth.

Although that's a wonderful story, living as if we're all lucky enough to receive the kirpa that Kirpal Das received is a dangerous road to travel. Should we forget about being tyar bar tyar because we can potentially be blessed with miraculous fighting abilities if the time for battle comes?

Although that's a wonderful story, living as if we're all lucky enough to receive the kirpa that Kirpal Das received is a dangerous road to travel. Should we forget about being tyar bar tyar because we can potentially be blessed with miraculous fighting abilities if the time for battle comes?

what makes a gursikh fight sawa lakh is it his physicality alone ? no it is the naam and amrit running through him/her . How did SIkh bibian at average five foot 3 height fight fully trained heavier taller professional soldiers and lop off limbs and heads ? sure be healthy and if you can get martial training try but it is only part of the formula.

besides if you look at BHai sahib compared to his jatha he is slightly heavier not obese and certainly not incapable of doing his duties ...he has a round face but that is racial type features and his hands are heavy too .

sure be healthy and if you can get martial training try but it is only part of the formula.

I can agree with your there sister. I never meant to imply that only the physical matters(nothing is more important than naam), but the so-called elite warriors of our nation should imo have higher standards for the physical than the average Sikh.

It is always good to be fit, but who says that the Nihang Singh ji is not trying..? I'm sure all chardikala Sikhs do try to stay fit physically as mentally do.

I'm sure he is trying, but I wasn't targeting him specifically. I was speaking generally.

• 7 years later...
On 5/11/2016 at 1:27 AM, jkvlondon said:

The singhs could only see the round tummy and the basically nanga sareer , the simple club in his hand and said what can he do ?

I'm sorry but Gurbani does not merely recommend relying on mantra (even if it's the Gurmantra).

When Babur invaded India, religious figures attempted to use mantras to stop the invasion and failed:

ਕੋਟੀ ਹੂ ਪੀਰ ਵਰਜਿ ਰਹਾਏ ਜਾ ਮੀਰੁ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਧਾਇਆ ॥
When they heard of invasion of emperor Babar, then millions of religious leaders failed to halt him.

ਥਾਨ ਮੁਕਾਮ ਜਲੇ ਬਿਜ ਮੰਦਰ ਮੁਛਿ ਮੁਛਿ ਕੁਇਰ ਰੁਲਾਇਆ ॥ He burned houses, resting places and strong palaces and the princes, cut into pieces, he causes to roll in dust.

ਕੋਈ ਮੁਗਲੁ ਨ ਹੋਆ ਅੰਧਾ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਰਚਾ ਲਾਇਆ ॥੪॥
No Mughal became blind and no one wrought any miracle. p417

Read the whole shabad for Guru Nanak Dev ji's description of the invasion.

I fully realize and accept that God can do anything whenever he wants in an instant:

ਕੀੜਾ ਥਾਪਿ ਦੇਇ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੀ ਲਸਕਰ ਕਰੇ ਸੁਆਹ ॥
A worm, He appoints to kingship and He reduces an army to ashes. p144

But that doesn't mean we should depend on in the normal case. In the normal case, we have to make worldly provisions.

Sukhmani Sahib says God can keep someone alive without breath and I fully accept this:

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਾਸ ਤੇ ਰਾਖੈ ॥
prabh bhāvai bin sās tē rākhai .
If it pleases the Lord He preserves the body without breath

But that does not mean we're supposed to hold our breath.

God can sustain someone without food. So why do we have langar?