Smart Parchar By An Intelligent Sikh!

The official Akal Takht Rehat Maryada, I won't say much else, since the mods here can't allow civilized discussions.

Tbh veerji if this bloke is living in the western hemisphere, then the meat he eats almost certainly isn't jhatka. It's khulla maas, largely battery farmed and therefore no less cruel than Halal meat - no Sikh should be eating it.

Guest Jacfsing2

Tbh veerji if this bloke is living in the western hemisphere, then the meat he eats almost certainly isn't jhatka. It's khulla maas, largely battery farmed and therefore no less cruel than Halal meat - no Sikh should be eating it.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh, a Sikh should never eat meat from the grocery store, nor the meat in a restaurant, (ever), but if he personally shoots the animal himself and does some Chandi Di Vaar or some other Gurbani and killing it in one shot, then he should be allowed to eat it. (Though first he'd have to personally kill the animal, which many meat-eaters don't do themselves). Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

You are what you eat they say. If you eat a diet that does not involve in inflicting pain or sorrow, your mind will rest in peace but if you hurt other living creatures made by Nirankaar that are able to speak in a language of their own, your mind will not rest in peace! It will be in turmoil and forever restless!!

If we eat Janwars we will think, behave and feel like them!

Even plants have souls and feel pain, remember when Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Har Rai Ji before he was Guru broke a flower? Don't pick and choose.

Guest Jacfsing2

That's why a practicing*(misspelled) Sikh is not allowed to eat flowers either! No flower curry for us either!

And what about other plants? Do they not feel pain?

Guest Jacfsing2

You have to pose this question to the pioneer of Guru Ka Langar. Every Langar I have eaten so far has been combination of vegetables/plants and dairy! You are posing your question to His humble servant, servants don't have the ability to answer why his Master chose to do what he did!

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji made the Nihangs, (unless you don't believe that?)

Instead of the 2 of you being internet warriors on the issue, go tell some Nihangs not to eat meat, (your not solving anything complaining on the internet)

Lol, too old to be an internet warrior i'm afraid, just an old fashioned Sikh who keep's himself to himself.

I actually do know a few Nihangs and none of them eat meat(that i know of).

Guest Jacfsing2

Lol, too old to be an internet warrior i'm afraid, just an old fashioned Sikh who keep's himself to himself.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Old-fashioned Singhs did eat Jhatka, it was only post Singh Sahba, (SGPC corruption) that this was even an issue. http://tarnadal.com/site/jhatka/ Are they Nihangs from Hazur Sahib or from the west?

Funny that, I've known a few nihang Singhs in my time and none of them ate meat. Are there certain sects within Nihangs that eat meat?

My dad had a mamaji who ate meat on a sunday - chicken - slaughtered and cooked by himself. He read a lot of sakhis never missed nitnem and was an active member of the Guradwara. However we are classed as Ramgarhias. Meat addicts exist even in the roop of giani jis. There was a party where food serving was not going on too well. My brother was shocked to see the giani jis order a plate of meat and tuck in. Personally I think it is when you dont know how to cook vegs and cant be bothered to learn, meat comes in much handy.

Guest Jacfsing2

Funny that, I've known a few nihang Singhs in my time and none of them ate meat. Are there certain sects within Nihangs that eat meat?

To be honest, I'm surprised you guys have even met a Nihang who doesn't eat meat.