Senior Eu Lawyer Backs Workplace Ban On Religious Garments (incl. Sikh Turban)

I'm from America, openly revealing the flaws of Islam gets you votes here, (look at Donald John Trump), I don't know how different America is from the rest of the western world, but Europe has some Anti-Islamic parties I'm sure.

As much as I'm enjoying Trump putting the cat amongst the pigeons, the cause he represents deserves someone a tad less divisive, because the issues he rallies against are dismissed by the other side on account of Trump being Trump. Like it or not, he's as much as part of the "system" as his opponents. But, for the time being, he's doing a decent job in scaring the crap out of the duplicitous establishment. Time will tell what type of impact he'll ultimately have. I don't think Congress will allow him to have free reign if he's elected, so expect the Democrats and even the Republicans to thwart him in the Senate on most issues.

Guest Jacfsing2

As much as I'm enjoying Trump putting the cat amongst the pigeons, the cause he represents deserves someone a tad less divisive, because the issues he rallies against are dismissed by the other side on account of Trump being Trump. Like it or not, he's as much as part of the "system" as his opponents. But, for the time being, he's doing a decent job in scaring the crap out of the duplicitous establishment. Time will tell what type of impact he'll ultimately have. I don't think Congress will allow him to have free reign if he's elected, so expect the Democrats and even the Republicans to thwart him in the Senate on most issues.

I know Trump is related to the Establishment, but I'm sure he can just bribe them, so even if he lost he'd still have huge influence. He unites the dying racist, sexist and xenophobic tribes of America that still exist. (Most of his supporters are both men as well as white).

Start expressing your concerns now to the British government before they start implementing such an unfair legislation with consequences for Sikhs as well. Sikhs are not responsible for all the chaos in this world. Why should they suffer when they have done nothing wrong?

This will require unity, without it Sikhs will have to comply.

• 2 weeks later...

Because of lack of unity among the Sikhs compliance is necessary. They rather comply to the most insulting treatment given to them than unite. I allude to a fairly recent case of the two Sikh sisters at a Catholic school. The girls were forced to remove their turbans by the headmistress, in fact, her assistant or someone physically started to unwind one of the girl's turban even though she told her it was a mark of disrespect for her to do so. They were told to wear a head covering that resembled somewhat to what Muslim girls wear. My point is this, even if the case has been resolved with school apologising , where is the guarantee this will not happen in the future? Do you know what was the outcome of this case? Why have Sikhs not been able to impress upon non Sikhs the importance of turbans and the other 5 kakaars regardless of race, gender or nationality?

I agree. I recently got divorced from my Sikh wife, she was more western than I am, the convert!!! I am not sure about the outcome of this case but I have noticed there are not that many Sikh girls that wear the turban. I was told by many Sikhs that they don't encourage their daughters to wear them or even become baptised if they can help it. I was under the impression that baptism was mandatory for both boys and girls! It is very confusing for the outsiders to understand Sikhism when they see only some Sikhs wearing turbans whilst the others with short hair. This becomes even more confusing as far as women or girls are concerned. They all claim to be Sikhs but why do they all follow different teachings or way of life?

Start expressing your concerns now to the British government before they start implementing such an unfair legislation with consequences for Sikhs as well. Sikhs are not responsible for all the chaos in this world. Why should they suffer when they have done nothing wrong?

Sikhs really need to teach the world and not just tell it about their faith and its requirements.

Guest Jacfsing2

The turban is a religious necessity and not a fashion object.

Non-Sikhs can also wear turbans as fashion statements, (an example would be the Rastafarians)