is listenin 2 bhangra music bad in sikhi

S1ngh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter, because once you get introduced to nething like that, it inevitably leads down the road to something else. This is what's called the "Slippery Slope". Why? Because once you start going down it, it's hard to get back up. You do one thing, and then you go, well, if this was alright, then so is this, and then so is this, and before you know it, you're not on a slope nemore, you're in a pit/ditch.

When was the last time a listened to a Bhangra song? I don't remember. Shabads and Dhadis and Kavishers are the only musics that are goood. Bhangra music sucks. I pisses me off. I want to beat the <admin-profanity filter activated> out of these singers. They lead the youth in the wrong direction. I asked youth if they listen to Dhadis. They said they flip the channel if Dhadis come. This is the respect youth has for Dhadis. If you don't listen to Dhadis, you can never be called a Sikh as it is an order by Guru Maharaj!

"Lets join and beat up these filthy singers!"

yup yup...you've certainly absorbed the guru's message of love :wub:

btw...i'm interested in seeing this order to listen to dhadis by guru ji...not that i don't..i actually love them..but didn't know it was an order

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

Listen to gurbani sung in ragas - as gurus wanted the different shabads to be sung.

It sort of grows on you - It was this bani in ragas that transformed me from a non beliver to someone for whom sikhi comes b4 life.

I am a software engineer and listen to gurbani all the 8 hrs of my job - and belive me u wud never wanna go back to bhangra/rap and all other <admin-profanity filter activated>.

Make sure its not kachi bani as that for sure is a turn off !!

Dhur Kee banee ayee tin sagli chint mitayi !!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Simple: There's nothing wrong in listening to any kind of music.. as long it uses civil language tone.. not like some rapsters rolleyes.gif It depends on where you stand.. For example: If you are alone or in kinda depress then music like "Daru" by rdb will kinda mislead you into drinking becuase your mind is naive at that stage.. So in my view, if you the person who can easily follow others, then i would suggest you to choose good type of music.. but if you are kind of person who do not follow others and strong in sikhi.. then your mind know what to do :umm:

AKJ keertan is in fact awesome.. Im hooked !! All i need now is MP3 player for car-cd deck so that i can listen to countless hours of akj keertan...