is listenin 2 bhangra music bad in sikhi

S1ngh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and mkhalsa veeray...music is anti-gurmat????? hellooooooo....gurbani is composed in raaag????...music itself cannot be anti-gurmat...it's about how you use it that can be antigurmat....for example we all know gurbani is dhur ki bani....but if you have some lame people taking out quotes and using it for anti-gurmat purposes...are you going to call gurbani anti-gurmat??? OBVIOUSLY NO!....

agreed!

This is first time I’ve seen such hatred for Punjabi Folk, don't understand why for most people it is their culture and heritage, however in defence for singers like Chamkila, he sang about rural village life, things that happen, he had a element of humour in his songs, fair enough if you are a proper Gur-Sikh but don't slate him for singing about the truth. Even Khalistani militants listened to his songs. He sang great Dharmik song's like "Talwar Main Kalgidhar Di".

The Dhadi you listen to today was the creation of Punjabi Folk legend Amar Singh Shonki.

There are many great Dharmik albums and songs, Kuldip Manak sang classic songs about Banda Singh Bhahader, Baba Deep Singh and Bhai Mati Das. There is something for everyone, even for the most devout.

This is first time I’ve seen such hatred for Punjabi Folk, don't understand why for most people it is their culture and heritage, however in defence for singers like Chamkila, he sang about rural village life, things that happen, he had a element of humour in his songs, fair enough if you are a proper Gur-Sikh but don't slate him for singing about the truth.  Even Khalistani militants listened to his songs.  He sang great Dharmik song's like "Talwar Main Kalgidhar Di".

The Dhadi you listen to today was the creation of Punjabi Folk legend Amar Singh Shonki.

There are many great Dharmik albums and songs, Kuldip Manak sang classic songs about Banda Singh Bhahader, Baba Deep Singh and Bhai Mati Das.  There is something for everyone, even for the most devout.

Iagree that there is nothing wrong in keeping our culture and heritage alive.. but theres limit on such things.. like drinking and so on.. Chamkila, great singer but he also sang very very very very very SICK dirty songs and he met his fate by singhs.. Listening to music a lot can corrupt your mind.. A very close and good Friend of mine broke up with this girl few months back and he told me that how things got worse. He said that he did was listen to punjabi sad songs ALL day and he end up doing such a stupid thing (cutting wrist).. Songs can be good and they can be bad.. Most important it&

#39;s you where you stand and how strong you are to shield yourself from some anti sikhi stuff being spoken by some singer...

This is first time I’ve seen such hatred for Punjabi Folk
I don't hate the people, just the culture.
don't understand why for most people it is their culture and heritage

Isn't my heritage and culture, my culture, my heritage, my life, my everything, is in sikhi.

There is something for everyone, even for the most devout.

Not me, I only listen to kirtan.

A lot of people say AKJ kirtan is brilliant on here, which I agree with... but what about Raag Kirtan? Guru Ji composed the Guru Granth Sahib Ji in raags. These raags are their for a reason. If Guru Ji composed certain shabads to certain raags, it was for a reason. For Guru Ji to spend such great time puttin Gurbani into Raags was for our best. And now when we do Shabads, we just ignore the Raag, which is sad in a way. I mean, when we say "Raag Asa Mahalla Paihla"... we're ignoring the first two words of the shabad in a way, if you get what I mean! Is that not wrong?

We are nowhere on the level of our Guru Ji to change the way Guru Jis Shabads are meant to be done. Hence we should preferabally stick with what Guru Ji has given us. Sure Raag kirtan takes effort and more time to learn.... but if you have love for Guru Ji it shouldnt be any effort what-so-ever!! Plus as people are drifting away from Raag Kirtan, ive noticed that the kirtan tunes are getting more 'filmi'. This may not seem like a big thing now.. but it has implications for the future. Also is it even right to call people "Raagis", if they dont even do kirtan to Raag??

Hope I didnt offend anyone with my views!

Gurjit

"Could you plz elaborate on that"

Harmeet Singh,

Humm well i don't want to change the topic but about my view of the movie Matrix....well i guess different people got different messages out of it. For me it was about our mind's pereception of reality. Our mind is either controlled by society or we can conquer or recapture our minds from the control of society and have it realize it's vast potential. Like in the movie the matrix is all illusion, some people do not realize it and some people like NEO do. Neo finally ends up realizing that the Matrix is an illusion, it is inferior to his mind's capacity to form it's own reality. This would be a good topic. What people learned from the Matrix movie....

I guess a comparison to sikhi can be made that when duality is conquered, and our dhan man, or mind and body are one, then we are closer to spirituality....Conquering the mind is very big in Gurbani, and this movie illustrates this in a way...i don't know anyone want to start a topic on this....

peace.

For example: If you are alone or in kinda depress then music like "Daru" by rdb will kinda mislead you into drinking becuase your mind is naive at that stage
well you shouldnt b in that state in the first place as a sikh, coz the song is about a ppl who hav been left by ther lovers.
Chamkila, great singer but he also sang very very very very very SICK dirty songs and he met his fate by singhs

met his fate by singhs? surinder shinda had him shot not the kharkoos

I don't hate the people, just the culture.

lol u dnt like our culture? you dont like maki di roti n saag with a glass of lassi :|

you dont mind wen kavishris like jagowale are bein remixed but its those same artists who do tracks about sha

rab, girls, jatts etc