Army Coup In Turkey Looks Like Islamist Erodgan's Days Are Numbered

genie

If the coup fails. The people will live to regret not helping the turkish army take over.

It begs the question, why would the people who voted in Erdogan in an apparently democratic election suddenly turn on him, lol? A prisoner who doesn't realise he's in prison has no reason to turn on his captors. The Turkish people WANT to be ruled by the Islamist Erdogan. They agree with his hardline proclamations and his posturing. The U.S. jumping to his support when the news broke out that a coup was underway is absolutely telling of who has the most to lose by Erdogan being overthrown.

And I thought Muslims were enraged and affronted at Muslim nations being run by American proxies? I guess it only bothers them when the puppet in-charge is cool on Islam; if he's secular and doesn't advocate Islamic supremacy then he's a traitor to the Sunnah. So many contradictions and double-standards by these people. "You're killing our people; raping our women and children... but just ignore us when Sunni attack Shia and vice versa... that's acceptable."

It was very poorly executed. First thing the army should have done was take over all the communications and main broadcasting channels then surround the intelligence agency and police states and de-arm them. But before going ahead with a coup they should have judged the mood of the public whether its ripe for a coup with people ready to come out in the streets for the army.

Problem with this coup is that erdogan was able to broadcast on facetime of all things on smaller channels and call out his supporters on the streets to challenge the army. I'm sure most turks support than army rather than the erdogan islamist government especially the urban elites and middle class but are afraid to come out. Erodgan has popular support in the conservative countrysides because he has implemented their islamist agenda.

Well said, this man, also has made noises about editing/banning facebook in turkiye, so he definitly has A LOT of haters. Also they keep stating he won by landslides in the elections, but im definitly of the opinion, the elections were rigged! How can a man, whos hated by a lot of ppl around the country, win by landslides?

It begs the question, why would the people who voted in Erdogan in an apparently democratic election suddenly turn on him, lol? A prisoner who doesn't realise he's in prison has no reason to turn on his captors. The Turkish people WANT to be ruled by the Islamist Erdogan. They agree with his hardline proclamations and his posturing. The U.S. jumping to his support when the news broke out that a coup was underway is absolutely telling of who has the most to lose by Erdogan being overthrown.

And I thought Muslims were enraged and affronted at Muslim nations being run by American proxies? I guess it only bothers them when the puppet in-charge is cool on Islam; if he's secular and doesn't advocate Islamic supremacy then he's a traitor to the Sunnah. So many contradictions and double-standards by these people. "You're killing our people; raping our women and children... but just ignore us when Sunni attack Shia and vice versa... that's acceptable."

Muslims are never satisfied whoever they are ruled with they are only satisfied when their sisters, mothers and daughters are raped by the soldiers of the khalifa and their brothers, fathers and husbands are beaten and behead by judge jury and executioner self appointed mullah and their sharia boys.

This is why muslim nations will never have true democracies they are brainwashed with islam which is an authoritarian totalitarian dictatorial political ideology...... the true muslims who follow the quran and hadiths will never be satsifyed with liberal secular democractic leaders because they would see them as non-islamic and therefore kafirs and munafiqs.

Guest Jacfsing2

Muslims are never satisfied whoever they are ruled with they are only satisfied when their sisters, mothers and daughters are raped by the soldiers of the khalifa and their brothers, fathers and husbands are beaten and behead by judge jury and executioner self appointed mullah and their sharia boys.

This is why muslim nations will never have true democracies they are brainwashed with islam which is an authoritarian totalitarian dictatorial political ideology...... the true muslims who follow the quran and hadiths will never be satsifyed with liberal secular democractic leaders because they would see them as non-islamic and therefore kafirs and munafiqs.

Aren't Turks less religious than the rest of the Muslim World?

looks like the coup failed erdogan addressed the population via facetime to go on the streets at the height of the tensions last night, are these the actions of a leader or manipulative coward ? I feel the latter. Today there have been arrests in the hundreds of military guys basically he is going to purge the military of prosecularists and people of spine so he has his chamchey only .

"You're killing our people; raping our women and children... but just ignore us when Sunni attack Shia and vice versa... that's acceptable."

Its happens everywhere Muslims are not exception to it.For example many atheist and secularists support democracy in theory but when an Islamic party won election.They would not accept that they will welcome dictators i.e Egypt coup.

You can't only blame Muslims for hypocrisy.Yes Muslims make more noise when Muslims are killed by non Muslims.And conveniently ignore when Muslims themselves kill Muslims.That's also condemn-able but again it is natural.For example if a Sikh is killed by some Muslims you will see a lot of Sikhs coming out and protesting but if a Sikh is killed by another Sikh most Sikh will ignore it. Same is the case with Muslims if Israel Or India kills Muslims in Kashmir there is extreme reaction from Muslims.But if if Muslims themselves kill each other most Muslims ignore it.

Also they keep stating he won by landslides in the elections, but im definitly of the opinion, the elections were rigged! How can a man, whos hated by a lot of ppl around the country, win by landslides?

If you look at the massive victory of Modi you will understand the victory of Erdogan.Modi was severely opposed by secularists and if you have visited secular pages of Indians on Facebook you would have come to the conclusion that modi is hated by many people and he won't win decisively.

Actually there are always some atheists and secular forces in most of the countries.They are very active on social media but on the ground the reality is very different.If you visit some Pakistani atheist pages you would assume as if entire Pakistan is against Islam but in reality people are very conservative.

I raised some critical questions on Islam in my class room I was under the impression that here my fellow students would be very liberal and they would support me but I was shocked to see their reaction.Now most of them whom I considered very liberal from their lifestyles won't even talk to me.I think I have to pretend as nice Muslim in future.

Its happens everywhere Muslims are not exception to it.For example many atheist and secularists support democracy in theory but when an Islamic party won election.They would not accept that they will welcome dictators i.e Egypt coup.

You can't only blame Muslims for hypocrisy.Yes Muslims make more noise when Muslims are killed by non Muslims.And conveniently ignore when Muslims themselves kill Muslims.That's also condemn-able but again it is natural.For example if a Sikh is killed by some Muslims you will see a lot of Sikhs coming out and protesting but if a Sikh is killed by another Sikh most Sikh will ignore it. Same is the case with Muslims if Israel Or India kills Muslims in Kashmir there is extreme reaction from Muslims.But if if Muslims themselves kill each other most Muslims ignore it.

It's the uniquely Islamic reaction to such events that makes the hypocrisy jarring and difficult to stomach. Muslim aggression that is justified by the perpetrators of said aggression as a form of self-defence against an oppressor (usually a non-Islamic threat) is framed to be an act of violence against the entire Islamic people, as if by virtue of the attacker being non-Muslim is somehow morally more grave than had the enemy been another Muslim.

Psychologically, it's a brilliant trick of rallying the Muslim masses of all sects by giving the impression they must unite against an external foe, and as you say, all inter-Islamic disunity and divisions are temporarily suspended.

It is very clever how Muslims use techniques from when they truly were an endangered minority back when they were founded and through their formative years, as they struggled with the two older and established Abrahamic faiths. Nowadays those claims of injustice ring hollow and apppear quite devious now that Muslims are a billion+ strong people spread across the globe, and more importantly, since people have become aware of the fluid nature of geo-politics, and how even the apparently staunchest anti-West Islamic regime has backdoor deals and contacts with the very institutions they claim to be fighting.

The mentality hasn't changed, i.e. "we're under attack from outsiders solely due to us being Muslim." The problem is people are increasingly getting wise to these tricks, and it's becoming less easy to portray Islamic acts of terror as valiant displays of the underdog fighting back against a powerful menace. It's the pontificating that wreaks of hypocrisy.

It's a uniquely eastern mentality, I agree with you there, further complicated by globalisation and related social issues.

I think it is important to understand the nature of the Turkish people.

It is said that Turkey is an Islamic society ruled by a secular government whereas Iran is said to be a secular society ruled by an Islamic government.

Turkey is unique Muslim nation in the fact that it is a fairly self-sufficient country where their wealth is built on their own backs unlike the Gulf Arabs whose wealth is built on the oil and foreign workers.

Turks seem to have a work ethic and a lot of Erdogan's support seems to come from pro-Business Islamic community of the Anatolia hinterland. It is an Islamic form of the Protestant work ethic.

The fact that Turkey's economy has been doing very well under Erdogan helps to keep in power.

Aren't Turks less religious than the rest of the Muslim World?

the liberal secularists and moderate muslims are mostly in the cities and the hardline conservative islamists are mostly in the countrysides. But generally the turks used to be more secular minded than they are now...just like afghans they used to be quite modern and secular when the last king ruled afghanistan they were multicultural muslims back in 1900s to 1970s then came the big bad america cia with british mI6 started having designs on the country pumping them with saudi's dollars and islamist mullahs when the country was more close to the russians and then the big bad kgb soviet russians invaded in 1980s and since then afghanistan has been an islamic hell hole. Same with somaila was a modern progressive society just look at youtube then evil white western elites funded jihadis and again it turned into the islamic sh*thole