Too many problems

Guest gupt

Hi so i am a teenage girl that feels nothing towards sikhs. However two years ago i did have a bit of a connection with sikhi and wanted to take amrit,but I didn't. And now i can't feel any prem, I feel like maybe its because I think Sikhi is restricting because i like cutting my hair, it makes a confident person and i enjoy it and i don't understand the point of keeping res no mater how many times someone has said to me. I want to feel that prem for maharaja but I am doubting everything. Like i am leaning towards Christianity and I don't like the fact that I am. But I feel like i am leaning towards the Christian religion is because they believe that every other religion is going to hell and I don't want to go to hell, and i like cutting my hair like i struggle to keep it. I understand not eating meat and I am fine with that as I have been a vegetarian for two years.I have so many problems, please give advice because I do want to have that prem for Sikhi. Sorry if I have said anything wrong. 

Dont worry about kesh yet, work on building ur prem first. Only when ur absolutely sure youcan handle this rehit n r sure about this path, only then keep kesh n take amrit. Too mant ppl r taking amrit n then not following rehit.

Go slowly. First learn to do paath of gurbani, simran, read about sikhi, learn about history. Also do the same for Christianity. Start applying wat you like from either faith to ur life. And after research, going to church n gurudwara, applying the religions, u should be able to tell which religion is for u. 

Learn to do wat a sikh is supposed to do without looking like a sikh first. So follow the 3 rules: naam japna, meditation,  earn a honest living, share  with others.

Also do japji sahib and  rehraas sahib daily.

Try both out, learn, have fun with it.

Guest Dharam123

Perhaps you should not choose a religion based on whether you have to keep hair or not. The religion shows a way to Vaheguru (God). 

If 1 of the issues is 'struggling' to keep hair and for that you are feeling you would change religions then your problem might be that your expecting religion to make life free of problems.

Again you mention you have alot going on and problems in life, unfortunatley no path will get rid of these. They religion will give you the tools to go through and deal with obstacles in your life and raise your conciousness.

You mention Prem for sikhi or lack of. Again the love for Vaheguru is something which will come from within you and if it is truely Love then it will be beyond religion. All this you are mentioning might just be feelings which are perhaps going to come and go as you go through life.

Whichever path you choose you might not be ready for either. Perhaps reevaluate what you are seeking from religion and why. 

On 16/11/2016 at 10:17 PM, Guest gupt said:

Hi so i am a teenage girl that feels nothing towards sikhs. However two years ago i did have a bit of a connection with sikhi and wanted to take amrit,but I didn't. And now i can't feel any prem, I feel like maybe its because I think Sikhi is restricting because i like cutting my hair, it makes a confident person and i enjoy it and i don't understand the point of keeping res no mater how many times someone has said to me. I want to feel that prem for maharaja but I am doubting everything. Like i am leaning towards Christianity and I don't like the fact that I am. But I feel like i am leaning towards the Christian religion is because they believe that every other religion is going to hell and I don't want to go to hell, and i like cutting my hair like i struggle to keep it. I understand not eating meat and I am fine with that as I have been a vegetarian for two years.I have so many problems, please give advice because I do want to have that prem for Sikhi. Sorry if I have said anything wrong. 

so you like a religion which says no matter what good you do , no  matter how spiritually connected you are you will go to hell if you are not one of them ? One that puts women down as the cause of sin and the downfall of mankind ? That makes women secondary to men ?  
Little sister, Sikhi is more than confidence based on temporary looks  outside , it is the unshakeable love and acceptance of yourself as Waheguru ji made you , it's connecting to your true self - your soul . Waheguru ji sent you at the impossibly low chance of being born with a connection to sikhi , just being born successfully is 1 in 20million. There must be a reason , how about really looking into what Guru Nanak Dev ji says , focus on the message , think on it . Do not be hung up on what you think are restrictions , think about what Guru ji tells you .

Guest Jacfsing2
On 11/16/2016 at 5:17 PM, Guest gupt said:

Just as a question, what makes you believe that Christianity is right over other exclusive religions, such as Islam or any other exclusive faith? Also cutting Kesh isn't something that brings confidence, but rather makes everyone the same, (keeping Kesh takes a special type of strength in this era), also you view Sikhi as a form of rules, rather than messages of love from our true father and mother, any loving parent would discipline and teach their kids right from wrong. Read Gurbani and fall in love with Guru Sahib, and if you still want to go down the slippery slope and go towards the path backwards go ahead. 

To love waheguru, u have to know waheguru. So go on a quest to learn about waheguru. See wat each religion says about who waheguru is. 

To learn about waheguru in sikhi, read gurbani, it will tell you about wat waheguru looks like, what he does, whats his personality, and what he expects from us.

Gurbani only talks about two things: waheguru and how to get to him.

So read, learn, and fall in love.

Try Sri Granth: Sri Guru Granth Sahib
http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=1

2 hours ago, Guest Gupt said:

Thank You for your replies it's just i am scared to go to hell and i can't feel that prem, how do I feel that prem?

There are a couple of ways to have that prem for Him.

One is, do sadh sangat of His lovers, His gursikhs, listen and read about His mahima...Sangat has a deep effect on minds, be it good or bad sangat.

So to develope that love for Him, we have also to get in the sangat of His lovers.

Read Shabad Hazary, and listen the katha of some gyanis on this very Shabad...

The second way to have that prem or love, is by the bakshish of His kirpa.

And to receive or attract that kirpa on us, we have to please Him.

And He is pleased most, when we do His bhakti, for the sake of Himself only.

He is the very embodiment of "akhoot prem".

So when we realize Him within us through His bhakti, He then fills each pore of the vessel of our being, with His that infinite Love.

So, do not worry if now you do not feel prem, just do His bhakti sincerely as much as you can ,  bhajan bandagee on regular and daily basis without expectations, for a beggar can do nothing more then remaining at the door of Sachay Patshah Akal Purukh, then He, Kul Malik, will fill our jholees with the prem of His kirpa.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

On 22/11/2016 at 6:55 PM, Guest Gupt said:

i can't feel that prem, how do I feel that prem?

To this your question Guest Gupt Jee, Dhan Dhan Satguru Arjun Dev Maharaj gives us the answer in a couple of verses from His paviter Bani Dukh Bhanjan Sahib.

*First of all He says:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਭੇਟਿਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਬਣਤ ਬਣਾਈ

Sathigur Pooraa Bhaettiaa Jin Banath Banaaee

सतिगुरु पूरा भेटिआ जिनि बणत बणाई

I have met the Perfect True Guru, who has done this deed.

*Here He is telling us, that Guru Jee has done His job, of showering His kirpa on us.

*Then in this next verse, He says:

ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਉਖਧੁ ਦੀਆ ਏਕਾ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ

Raam Naam Aoukhadhh Dheeaa Eaekaa Liv Laaee

राम नामु अउखधु दीआ एका लिव लाई

He has given me the medicine of the Lord's Name, and I enshrine love for the One Lord.

*Though Satguru Jee is one with Akal Purukh, and is pooran by Himself, but even then, He places Himself as our mirror, and tells us, that when He got the message of Truth from Guru Jee by His apaar kirpa, He meditated on it, He did Simran of that aoukhad Naam, and the result of it was, that He developed and enshrined Love or prem for the Supreme Lord Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

So, here we can clearly see, that Guru Jee is telling us, you complain for not having prem for Him, do not worry and reverse your inner  state, from a empty one, to the full one of His Love, by just doing the bhakti of His Naam Simran.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.