Sign in to follow this  

Sikh Awareness

20 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

But what has stayed with me more than any of that, is the growth we did together. All the time we spent increasing our vocabulary on that vocab thread, all the translations we knocked our heads on together (the lassi and cha thing was legendary), the manuscripts we looked at together.

Yes, it was subjects like these that made the forum enjoyable. I learned so much from the work that we looked at collectively. Going back to the mad uncle, it was a blessing in disguide having him there, as he in a perverse way, actually got us to look at older historical texts by oursleves rather than just beleiving whatever had been writtne prior.

Cha and lassi...:rofl had forgotten about that.

Waheguru,

Haven't posted here in awhile.

Has anyone contacted Neo? 

There were some great bits of knowledge of SA. Meditation Techniques... Experiences! "Am I Allowed to Share?"

Would anyone happened to have a copy of the Q&A with Sant Baba Darshan Singh Ji Dhakki Sahib Wale?

Singh123456777, Chatanga, Dally! Hope you're doing well Jio! It's been awhile! 

• Like 3

I never got round to joining the SA forum, but used to sometimes browse it and I also enjoyed reading the meditation/Simran sections, and experiences also.  I didn't get to read the deeper topics though, but it was laid out well, easy to read. 

16 minutes ago, hsingh8963 said:

Waheguru,

There were some great bits of knowledge of SA. Meditation Techniques... Experiences! "Am I Allowed to Share?"

Would anyone happened to have a copy of the Q&A with Sant Baba Darshan Singh Ji Dhakki Sahib Wale?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hsingh8963 said:

Waheguru,

I emailed him over a week ago. No reply yet. 

I'm doing as well as can be expected I guess. lol Hope you're good. 

21 hours ago, hsingh8963 said:

Any old port in a storm Mr Singh!

On 16/01/2017 at 10:10 PM, Singh123456777 said:

Lol imagine if paapiman came onto this forum lol 

I'd pay to see that lol, imagine the storms and battles he'd have with some of the members here. 

2 hours ago, Kira said:

I'd pay to see that lol, imagine the storms and battles he'd have with some of the members here. 

That brother had OCD. That effected his thinking (obviously). 

I was part of the SA forum. The free exchange of ideas and collective literary spiritual knowledge on that site was simply amazing and second to none. 

Really hope it comes back. ....

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I guess if it is OK for recently arrived Punjabis to settle down with East European women and have Sikh kids then there is nothing wrong in settling down with a Chinese woman. The Chinese are ultimately a dharmic people (if we take the current political situation out of the question) and have always been interested in what happens west of their border.  
    • Tbh, even "our own" can't be trusted. I personally stopped giving a damn what other people thought a long time ago, especially when it comes to rishta/marriage. 
    • In ultimate truth time is an illusion (Akal). All there is, is present the now. God created itself in many forms to create contrast ( limiting itself in forms)
    • There is a massive difference between the Sikh experience in the UK vs the US. The UK is a much better place to be a Sikh. The biggest difference-maker is population density. According to the 2011 census, there were (at the time) about 432,000 Sikhs in the UK. Accounting for some population growth and uncounted people (such as illegal immigrants), there are probably at least 500,000 Sikhs in the UK today. Now take into consideration that the UK has a population of about 67 million crammed into a relatively small island. And also consider that most of the Sikhs live in certain parts of the UK that have relatively large Sikh populations (e.g. West London, Birmingham area, etc.). There are not official figures on Sikhs in the US, but based on data about people from and Indian background and Punjab-speaking background, 250,000 is probably a very conservative upper bound on the US Sikh population. And then consider that the US is a massive country and has a population of about 330 million. As a consequence, Sikhs are much less visible and much less powerful (as a community) in the US than they are in the UK. In the UK, I feel like most people have an awareness of who Sikhs are. When I have been in the UK, it is a bit of a relief to not feel like I have to constantly point out that I'm not an Arab or a Muslim. In the US, nobody had a clue what a Sikh was when I was growing up. It is getting a bit better now, but it's still not great.   Anyway, aside from how Sikhs are viewed by the general population, I think the population density of Sikhs is most important for the Sikh community itself. It makes for a greater support system for more religiously inclined Sikhs. Further, the critical mass enables people who don't come from religious families to nevertheless gain exposure to Sikhi and get into it as they grow older. That's probably why examples of monay who become Singhs are much more frequent in the UK than in the US.    
    • Just found he is Muslim. And he sang the praise of the Khalsa..... amazing. 

Important Information

Terms of Use