When did Sikhs start going into decline? (BoS video)

Just now, proudkaur21 said:

But Sikhs dont know the difference between dasvandh and daan. Daan is out of daya for someone and their cause but dasvandh is only for the khalsa and the propogation of the khalsa panth. If i give my money to some cause like natural disaster or a hunger drive that has nothing to do with sikhs or sikhi that would be daan. Most sikhs will just keep giving to their money to any cause and think its dasvandh which is absolutely wrong. Sikhs can give daan if they want but they should know the difference.

And?

1 Oankar..gives birth to Daya....Daya gives birth Dharam...Khalsa Paanth is birthed to oversee and serve Dharam during Kalyugs for 1 Oankar.

It needs Daswandh to do so, because we're a self funded Fauj sent by God with no budget. 

Our operating costs, training costs, must be met so we can do our duty....of...Daya...and Dharam. 

No where in this is there an issue. 

The problem isn't we spend all the money on langar omgawd... it's we're sitting on our asses largely, not involved in Gurmat largely, doing <banned word filter activated> all largely. Saying our problem is we just aren't selfish enough ..

Just now, proudkaur21 said:

dasvandh is mandatory whereas daan is out of daya like you said. But Sikhs give their daan here and there and think their dasvandh duty is done.

Dasvandh is for the Khalsa Paanth, for Dharam Yudh, so who do we give it to exactly. I agree it's mandatory. The spgc? The Gurudwara that does <banned word filter activated> all?

1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Dasvandh is for the Khalsa Paanth, for Dharam Yudh, so who do we give it to exactly. I agree it's mandatory. The spgc? The Gurudwara that does <banned word filter activated> all?

https://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,5506

This is a good discussion. Personally i feel the money we donate to Gurudwaras is not dasvandh. Most of the people who come to eat langar are rich fat sikhs. Anytime i go to Gurudwara i feel ashamed by how unhealthy and unfit most Sikhs are. Moreover the langar is usually unhealthy food like samosa and what not. If the donated money is used for giving langar to poor and teaching them Sikhi at the same time it can be called dasvandh but Khalsa aid will use the donated money to buy qurans and bibles . What a joke. If the Gurudwara uses the money to open up a space where Sikhs can come and train then yes it is daswandh. Even some charities who help spread teachings of Sikhi and build houses for poor Sikhs , giving to them is dasvandh.