CHAUR SAHIB SEWA

Sher Khalsa

wE MUST FOLLOW AKAL TAKHT HUKAM, IF WE DOnt wAT WILL BE THE STATE OF THE PANTH.. now look................ this is what maryada says..

© Only a Sikh, man or woman, is entitled to be in attendance of the Guru Granth during the congregational session.

and the definition of a sikh is

Any human being who faithfully believes in

(i) One Immortal Being,

(ii) Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Dev to Guru Gobind Singh,

(iii) The Guru Granth Sahib,

(iv) The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and

(v) the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a Sikh, man or woman, is entitled to be in attendance of the Guru Granth during the congregational session.

what is meant by attendance??

I enterpret this to mean read the paath of the Sri Guru Granth sahib!!

Why can't a mona do chaur sahib di seva??

I'm amrithari.. But if monai can do langar di seva, jorey di seva and they even give out parshaad is some gudwarae.

The only things which needs to be conducted by an amrithari baptized sikh is the gurbani, the paath, the ardas.

Even the kirtan is not performed by amrithari sikhs in some gurdwarae.. eg.. Small children doing kirtan.. They are not amrithari.. and they sing gurbani to the sangat..

Hence it would be ok for a non amrithari to sing gurbani in the gurdwara, but not do chour sahib di seva..

It doesn't matter if they monai or amrithari they can still do chour sahib di seva..

What i think this hukum means is "in attendance of the Guru Granth " means the actual paath read from the SGGS!

Gurfateh.

This topic has been discussed on this forum already. Kandola veer asked a similar question and many of us picthed in our views on this.

Check out this link to read that thread urself:

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...t=3927&hl=chaur

When talking about seva of Guru Sahib, lets follow what Gurbani and Rehit Naame tell, and not our own personal matt.

only amritharis can attend to guru ji, meaning to chaur sahib, as well as do keertan.. loook

(a) Only a Sikh may perform kitran in a congregation.

(d) Only a Sikh may read out from the Guru Granth for others. However , even a non-Sikh may read from it for himself/herself.

its makes sense.. how can u have a non amrithari leading the congregation or being infront of the congregation singing praises of waheguru and tellign u hos to lead our lives, when they dont do it themselves..

dont u see the contradiction...

i know ppl will have a problem with this, but maryada is maryada, u gotta follow it, whether u like it or not.

and back in the days monai couldnt even do langar sewa, now they can, in the times of the gurus they couldnt, we already relaxing on maryada enoough

Sikh history is filled with non sikhs doing sewa of Guru ji, or even laying down their lives in the service of the Guru. Today we consider our selves much better than others and think that only we have the right to do sewa of Guru ji.

For me, Anyone can serve the Guru providing they are respectful.

so what do you have to say about going against akal takht maryada?

u think thats coool

Balait da sher, it really depends on what kind of seva. Can you provide us with names of non-amrittharis doing seva of Chaur Sahib or making langar at time of Guru Gobind Singh Ji?

Langar = Gangu a Bhramin

:wub: :T:

this kinda gives me the freaks for some reason :T:

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!