CHAUR SAHIB SEWA

Sher Khalsa

so why did u even put this post up. when u think everyone has to follow what you think is right. that is also against sikhi. ego aint good. people have their own views. and last time i saw the rehit that the akal takth passed out. it said eating meat but not halal was aight. and that def aint fly with the majority of this website.so dont say u cannot argue with the rehit akal takth has. because u wud be saying that DDT, AKJ, Tapoban, and many other differenciating gurmat based groups are wrong. :wub:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so why did u even put this post up. when u think everyone has to follow what you think is right. that is also against sikhi. ego aint good. people have their own views. and last time i saw the rehit that the akal takth passed out. it said eating meat but not halal was aight. and that def aint fly with the majority of this website.so dont say u cannot argue with the rehit akal takth has. because u wud be saying that DDT, AKJ, Tapoban, and many other differenciating gurmat based groups are wrong. :wub:

Hows that ego, Following the Maryada of Akal Takht is the duty of any sikh. I didnt say anything about myself.

Also I said its a bare minimum. Akal Takht Maryada says you can eat meat if its not halal... it does not say you have to eat meat.

so if you dont eat meat, that aint against maryada...

Akal Takht Maryada is a bare minimum, many jatha's any people go beyond this. eg.keeping bibeki, etc.

and thats cool...

but we have to follow akal takht maryada, did guru ji not make it the highest authority for sikhs.

chaatrik 90 bhaji, u are wrong. Find one thing in DDt or AKJ maryada that goes against akal takhat maryada.

Other panthic groups have stricter maryadas but nothing in DDT, AKJ or most other maryadai conflict with anything in akal takhat maryada.

BTW I know for a fact that DDT maryada says that monai cannot do chaur seva or do kirtan, paath or prachaar in sangat.

I sincerely gotta say how dispointed i am on such a lousy topic and stating monai cant do seva... prachaaar i can agree on... but chaur sahib seva and other.... :wub:

wahegurooo

im dissapointed that we are willing to go against the maryada of akal takht and relax our sikhi principles...

wats the state of the panth gonna be in the future if we argue about maryada of akal takht... soon will u want to relax the 5 K's too ??

it makes perfect sense that non amritharis cant do chaur sahib, keertan or read bani, infront of the sangat...

other than that, they are free to do other sewa, that does not conflict with maryada

actually...sorry to burst your bubble sikh soldier...but it appears you have a little trouble in READING COMPREHENSION....

the last part of the definition of sikh...said BELIEVES in amrit...it didn't say had to have TAKEN amrit....

many people believe in taking amrit...but are not at a point in their life where they have taken it yet...that doesn't negate the fact that they believe in it....

you might try to tell me that believe = taken....

BUT...then i'd have to direct you to a copy of websters or oxfords dictionary to look both words up....

SO in conclusion

this is a non topic...cuz ...noone is viiolating Akal Takt maryada by doing chaur sahib di seva...

CONGRATULATIONS sikh soldier...you just wasted all the sangat's time by posting arguing over a topic which was really a non-topic....

the only real topic is the need for SOME people such as yourself to improve their reading comprehension and bring themselves down from the pedestals they've put themselves on.

thanks for the defination of faithfully

now JOIN the word faithfully to belief

you're getting there ...it's good you got one word down ...now lets try to get to two words....

so with the defination of faithfully...we'd have...adhering firmly and devotedly to the BELIEF in amrit....

still doesn't mean you have to have taken it....

a lot of people i know firmly believe in amrit..but are not at a point in their lives yet...

YOU do not get to decide who believes and who doesn't...

i'm sorry..but YOU are NOT akal takt...

so get off your high horse , calm down, and do some simran...

and let akal takt do it's job....they don't need YOU to MISREAD their hukams and confuse the sangat....even though you do a great job of it.

wE MUST FOLLOW AKAL TAKHT HUKAM, IF WE DOnt wAT WILL BE THE STATE OF THE PANTH.. now look................ this is what maryada says..

© Only a Sikh, man or woman, is entitled to be in attendance of the Guru Granth during the congregational session.

and the definition of a sikh is

Any human being who faithfully believes in

(i) One Immortal Being,

(ii) Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Dev to Guru Gobind Singh,

(iii) The Guru Granth Sahib,

(iv) The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and

(v) the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh.

Fatehji...

...first of all..you are being too prejudiced towards this matter...if a monai wants to do seva then you are nobody to stop him...

...i'm a gursikh myself and i feel it is ok for a monai to do seva...like you said that the akal thakth says that we can eat non halal meat...doesn't means that we must eat the meat then right??!!...same here...like you said that...

<<<<"© Only a Sikh, man or woman, is entitled to be in attendance of the Guru Granth during the congregational session.

and the definition of a sikh is

Any human being who faithfully believes in

(i) One Immortal Being,

(ii) Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Dev to Guru G

obind Singh,

(iii) The Guru Granth Sahib,

(iv) The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and

(v) the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh.">>>>>

...soo (according to you) this doesn't means that we must follow these rules right...what would happen in a certain gurduara where there is not a single gursikh??then what would happen to the seva in the guaduara?? :T:

...pretty true eh....

...sooooo....i think you should just drop it and say vaheguru and be happy....

...the only thing you should be worrying about is of your own self...just make sure you are playing your role as a gursikh....and leave the rest of the world alone......

...sorry if i hurt you with the truth...bhul chuk maaf... :e:

...ve muthejah, ve paarvah....nanak das kaho gurvah...

...PeAcE...

I don't think there's really that big of a need to rip apart Sikh soldiers point of view. All he was doing was stating the points from Sri Akal Takhat Sahib's maryada. If we have to accept that just believing in something is ok, without actually following it, then won't we also have to accept people who say, oh I believe it's not good to drink, but I still drink anyway because I like to drink! And what about those who know it's wrong to commit adultry but yet still do anyway? In Gursikhi we know that we are supposed to live a life of 'karni pardhaan' which means to do it. Belief in something without practising it is of little value.

Imagine what the state of Sikh panth would be if we all lived the life of believing in Guru Ji's teaching without practising them? Can this be accepted aswell? Imagine how little importance would remain to status of Khande Baate ki Pahul if there was no need to actually take it from Punj Pyare because having a belief in it was acceptable?

It is very obvious that people will get offended when someone tells them that they cannot perform a certain seva, but seriously, isn't there a bit of ego behind such behavior? If someone is a sucha and sacha shardalu of Guru Sahib, wouldn't he step down at the moment when someone tells him what he's doing is against Gurmat?

anyway, my point of participating in this thread was not to make anyone 'believe' in what I do, but just to contribute to the other side of the argument.

and lastly, I have a lot of respect for those 'mone' who still come to Guru Sahib's darbar and I hope that one day they do acc

ept Guru Ji's way of life but when it comes to things like some mone challenging the Gurdwara Sahib commettes in court because they want to have their own amrit sanchaar (recent Fremont, CA. case) then it's obviously not goign to work out.