genie

How come british journalists dont make Sikh political documentaries any more?

I remember back in the 80s and 90s there was various documentaries about the political affairs of the Sikhs in the UK and in punjab/india but nowadays there's nothing. Everything to do with religion is almost entirely focused on Islam and its notorious groups and people.

In 2012 an american ex-special ops neo nazi white supremacist murdered 8 people in a gurdwara in wisconsin and no documentary was made covering it.

Recently we learnt that the British thatcher government had involvement in helping (in very limited capacity as they say) the Indian government attack darbar Sahib in 1984. We learnt that Thatcher also said things back in 1980s to malign British Sikhs of southall in regards to the sectarian christian/catholic northern Ireland troubles. There should be enough material out there for some clever documentary journalists to investigate the real role of the British government in the Sikh genocide of 1984.

The Sikhs of punjab in 80s/90s were in a very similar situation to that of tamil hindus of present times. The british government aided the sri lanakan buddhist senalese government to cause the tamil genocide in 2009. British govt funded Channel 4 news covered it in various news bulletins and made documentary on it. However no one has done the same for the Sikhs they haven't exposed the British and other governments role in our peoples mass murder and attack on our religious institutions.

Even our own so called religious leaders and organisations that claim to represent the voice of british sikhs (like sikh federation, sikh council, etc)  have strangely gone gupt and silent as a mouse not said a word since 2014. It seems like some backdoor deals are being done undercover.

• Like 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

War on Terror, bro. We've served our purpose. We're old news. Their attention is firmly focused on the Middle East and Muslims in general. We're only wheeled out when they want to patronise us and remind us about the good old days for contemporary vested interests, OR when they're in the mood to demonise us on occasions we dare to speak up for ourselves, which goes against the narrative of us being a compliant, grateful community who have no business raising their voice in order to be heard.

They've also clocked onto the fact that there's a considerable disconnect between orthodox Amritdhari Sikhs who hold, broadly speaking, religiously conservative opinions, and the Punjabi aspirational middle-classes who aren't religiously inclined, and are predisposed to side with the mainstream establishment narrative over their so-called own people's interests. There's a third group that's emerged over the past few years that consists of Sikhs who are generally known as millennials, and they are, from a Sikh perspective, a law unto themselves, lol. They stand for everything and nothing, which is great for those in power. 

Sikh journalists in the West are overwhelmingly bought and paid for by the establishment. They espouse the globalist agenda, and anyone that clings to notions of exclusivity, be it national, cultural, and religious (aside from Muslims for some reason) is considered to be backwards and unsophisticated and worthy of scorn. That's why you'll never get Sikh journalists in the British press and media speaking up for solely Sikh interests that promote our growth and exclusivity, because the unspoken belief is that we shouldn't demarcate ourselves from everyone else on religious lines. A good Sikh is one who doesn't pay heed to his background and roots but instead parrots the party line of togetherness at the expense of faith. Note the rise of the likes of Hundal and other individuals who'd rather campaign for non-Sikh issues that are considered to be fashionable, as opposed to drawing attention to problems that are solely concerning us as a people. If our issues are ignored it robs us of a voice and adversely affects our standing as a community. When our "own" who have the clout to speak up are at the forefront of such efforts, it damages us all in serious ways.

Edited by MisterrSingh
  • Like 3

You don't need the mainstream media, they are one that is dying slow death. There are so many outlets other than the mainstream media for us to have our interests to be heard.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, genie said:

I remember back in the 80s and 90s there was various documentaries about the political affairs of the Sikhs in the UK and in punjab/india but nowadays there's nothing. Everything to do with religion is almost entirely focused on Islam and its notorious groups and people.

In 2012 an american ex-special ops neo nazi white supremacist murdered 8 people in a gurdwara in wisconsin and no documentary was made covering it.

Recently we learnt that the British thatcher government had involvement in helping (in very limited capacity as they say) the Indian government attack darbar Sahib in 1984. We learnt that Thatcher also said things back in 1980s to malign British Sikhs of southall in regards to the sectarian christian/catholic northern Ireland troubles. There should be enough material out there for some clever documentary journalists to investigate the real role of the British government in the Sikh genocide of 1984.

The Sikhs of punjab in 80s/90s were in a very similar situation to that of tamil hindus of present times. The british government aided the sri lanakan buddhist senalese government to cause the tamil genocide in 2009. British govt funded Channel 4 news covered it in various news bulletins and made documentary on it. However no one has done the same for the Sikhs they haven't exposed the British and other governments role in our peoples mass murder and attack on our religious institutions.

Even our own so called religious leaders and organisations that claim to represent the voice of british sikhs (like sikh federation, sikh council, etc)  have strangely gone gupt and silent as a mouse not said a word since 2014. It seems like some backdoor deals are being done undercover.

What are you talking about?

Didn't you see the BBC documentary about Operation Bluestar?  You know, the one where we get to follow Sonia Deol's journey from an unpopular girl named Jaswinder Sidhu, to her rise as two-bit radio show host, to her discovery that something happened in Punjab in 1984?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

What are you talking about?

Didn't you see the BBC documentary about Operation Bluestar?  You know, the one where we get to follow Sonia Deol's journey from an unpopular girl named Jaswinder Sidhu, to her rise as two-bit radio show host, to her discovery that something happened in Punjab in 1984?

Haha, yeah, that was some hard-hitting journalism in full force. "Everything was great. Nothing to see here. It was all much ado about nothing."

• Like 1