Guest Sikh

Age difference between husband and wife

Guest Sikh

I just want to ask is it okay to be 7 years older than my husband when I get marrid what does the Gurbani say about being with someone that is older than her husband???

Waheguru Ji ka khanda waheguru Ji ki fateh

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
15 hours ago, Guest Sikh said:

I just want to ask is it okay to be 7 years older than my husband when I get marrid what does the Gurbani say about being with someone that is older than her husband???

Guest Jacfsing2

It doesn't make a difference, it may be a rebellion to Punjabi Maat, for reasons which I won't delve into, but yes there's nothing wrong in Gurmat.

Guest pindu

There is not any problem to marry younger or older than you...

but If you get ur husband older then there are chances that he will treat u like  a child.

And if ur husband is younger then you have to ignore his mistakes...

Guest Guest Sikhs

the only reason i asked is because the place where i use to work now i left the job a sikh guy was my collegue and he is 17 im 24 and i love him so much. I dont want to tell him my feelings...but i left the job and i am never going to see him... will waheguru do something to make him see me if we are meant to be together.... could i ask waheguru for him as my life partner and h=get my wish happen..will waheguru dothis?  

40 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

He's 17 and you're a 24 year old woman? Lol, no.

"no" as in she should not get engaged, or "no" as is there's no problem?

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

He's 17 and you're a 24 year old woman? Lol, no.

In some states of the US, a sexual relationship between a 24 and 17 year old would be statutory rape.

26 minutes ago, BhForce said:

"no" as in she should not get engaged, or "no" as is there's no problem?

As in, "It's wrong" from my point of view.

Edited by MisterrSingh

On 4/21/2017 at 11:13 PM, Guest Sikh said:

You have two different questions: 1) What does Gurbani say, and 2) Is it OK for the husband to be 7 years younger.

Firstly, Gurbani doesn't address the question per se, because that's not what Gurbani's purpose is. Gurbani is mostly about pure spirituality, not about various rules.

But that doesn't mean you should do whatever you want to do.

Secondly, it is generally understood in our society that the man should be somewhat older than the woman. This is for the simple reason that boys mature later than girls. This is actually written in some books of Maryada, such as that published by a Taksal.

Now understand you're free to do what ever you want. But you may want to think about what you're doing before you make an irrevocable mistake in your life.

Edited by BhForce
added "per se"

On 4/22/2017 at 3:17 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

It doesn't make a difference, it may be a rebellion to Punjabi Maat, for reasons which I won't delve into, but yes there's nothing wrong in Gurmat.

So, friend, are you saying that once we adopt Sikhism, we have to dispense with all of the accumulated wisdom of the ages, and all that we possibly have to guide is is explicit injunctions of Gurbani, and anything not explicitly enjoined there we can do?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guest Guest Sikhs said:

the only reason i asked is because the place where i use to work now i left the job a sikh guy was my collegue and he is 17 im 24 and i love him so much. I dont want to tell him my feelings...but i left the job and i am never going to see him... will waheguru do something to make him see me if we are meant to be together.... could i ask waheguru for him as my life partner and h=get my wish happen..will waheguru dothis?  

Cradle snatcher

10 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Cradle snatcher

What could a 17 year old boy possibly have to offer a 24 year old woman in any meaningful sense on a mental and spiritual basis, aside from the obvious, lol? Yes, yes, there's always the diamond in the rough, but I'd hazard a guess and suggest this isn't one of those situations.

9 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

What could a 17 year old boy possibly have to offer a 24 year old woman in any meaningful sense on a mental and spiritual basis, aside from the obvious, lol? Yes, yes, there's always the diamond in the rough, but I'd hazard a guess and suggest this isn't one of those situations.

I just hope it isn't one of those teacher-student relationships. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• I got to say Snatam Kaur does a good job in promoting bani though. 
    • It's better for certain types of blokes to give it a miss too. Or else they can end up facing serious charges, what with all that drink and all that stuff laying around to hurt someone with. lol
    • getting to the point where it's just best to go home after the Anand Karaj , the rest of the day gets spoilt by yobbish/slaggish behaviour by wannabe coconuts ...that's why I do.
    • sikhi was known in the west well before the multiple sex offender Yogi Harbhajan turned up on US soil, he tainted the image of sikhi by running a gangster organisation running mail fraud whilst starving and exhausting the followers into a suggestible state to donate their full workday and wages to the cause . He forcibly sterlised one woman, and made another have multiple abortions all the while raping others , such a saintly soul, you can read the transcript of one court case online. the response of the current runner of sikhnet is to paint the victims as mad, vengeful, evil women and stop them from even talking about the truth anywhere.
    • 1. the news is lifted from indian and other diaspora desi run agencies so nothing involving their effort other than cut paste 2. sikiwiki is their number one weapon after their cut paste distorted translations of gurbani  to insert false info and doubts against sikhi 3. the 3HO er who 'made' the translations of gurbani did not know gurbani fully before being tasked by yogi  to present his 'translations which was actually repackaged work of desi Sikhs of yesteryear. 4. every fb post, mention of sikhnet is accompanied by a link which goes through a barrage of subsciption or money demands which are obnoxious and make people think that all sikhs are like that ...moneygrubbers which is not true. 5. most of the kirtan is uploaded from other sites too , I guess that is their MO zero effort max profiteering 6. Desi sikhs should investigate their operations and clarify to foreign official government departments that they do not speak for sikhs everywhere , in fact, US sikhs have protested against Indian Govt agents hosted by these bheki folks.  

Important Information

Terms of Use