Jump to content
Guest Sikh

Age difference between husband and wife

Recommended Posts

Guest Sikh

I just want to ask is it okay to be 7 years older than my husband when I get marrid what does the Gurbani say about being with someone that is older than her husband???

 

Waheguru Ji ka khanda waheguru Ji ki fateh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
15 hours ago, Guest Sikh said:

I just want to ask is it okay to be 7 years older than my husband when I get marrid what does the Gurbani say about being with someone that is older than her husband???

 

Waheguru Ji ka khanda waheguru Ji ki fateh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2

It doesn't make a difference, it may be a rebellion to Punjabi Maat, for reasons which I won't delve into, but yes there's nothing wrong in Gurmat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest pindu

There is not any problem to marry younger or older than you...

but If you get ur husband older then there are chances that he will treat u like  a child.

And if ur husband is younger then you have to ignore his mistakes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest Sikhs

the only reason i asked is because the place where i use to work now i left the job a sikh guy was my collegue and he is 17 im 24 and i love him so much. I dont want to tell him my feelings...but i left the job and i am never going to see him... will waheguru do something to make him see me if we are meant to be together.... could i ask waheguru for him as my life partner and h=get my wish happen..will waheguru dothis?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

He's 17 and you're a 24 year old woman? Lol, no.

"no" as in she should not get engaged, or "no" as is there's no problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

He's 17 and you're a 24 year old woman? Lol, no.

In some states of the US, a sexual relationship between a 24 and 17 year old would be statutory rape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BhForce said:

"no" as in she should not get engaged, or "no" as is there's no problem?

As in, "It's wrong" from my point of view.

Edited by MisterrSingh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2017 at 11:13 PM, Guest Sikh said:

I just want to ask is it okay to be 7 years older than my husband when I get marrid what does the Gurbani say about being with someone that is older than her husband???

 

Waheguru Ji ka khanda waheguru Ji ki fateh

You have two different questions: 1) What does Gurbani say, and 2) Is it OK for the husband to be 7 years younger.

Firstly, Gurbani doesn't address the question per se, because that's not what Gurbani's purpose is. Gurbani is mostly about pure spirituality, not about various rules.

But that doesn't mean you should do whatever you want to do.

Secondly, it is generally understood in our society that the man should be somewhat older than the woman. This is for the simple reason that boys mature later than girls. This is actually written in some books of Maryada, such as that published by a Taksal.

Now understand you're free to do what ever you want. But you may want to think about what you're doing before you make an irrevocable mistake in your life.

Edited by BhForce
added "per se"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2017 at 3:17 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

It doesn't make a difference, it may be a rebellion to Punjabi Maat, for reasons which I won't delve into, but yes there's nothing wrong in Gurmat.

So, friend, are you saying that once we adopt Sikhism, we have to dispense with all of the accumulated wisdom of the ages, and all that we possibly have to guide is is explicit injunctions of Gurbani, and anything not explicitly enjoined there we can do?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Guest Guest Sikhs said:

the only reason i asked is because the place where i use to work now i left the job a sikh guy was my collegue and he is 17 im 24 and i love him so much. I dont want to tell him my feelings...but i left the job and i am never going to see him... will waheguru do something to make him see me if we are meant to be together.... could i ask waheguru for him as my life partner and h=get my wish happen..will waheguru dothis?  

Cradle snatcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Cradle snatcher

What could a 17 year old boy possibly have to offer a 24 year old woman in any meaningful sense on a mental and spiritual basis, aside from the obvious, lol? Yes, yes, there's always the diamond in the rough, but I'd hazard a guess and suggest this isn't one of those situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

What could a 17 year old boy possibly have to offer a 24 year old woman in any meaningful sense on a mental and spiritual basis, aside from the obvious, lol? Yes, yes, there's always the diamond in the rough, but I'd hazard a guess and suggest this isn't one of those situations.

I just hope it isn't one of those teacher-student relationships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Back in the day many jananis didn't used to dance - my mum and her sister are terrible at dancing and when I was younger I would ask why they didn't dance like other ladies, and instead just stood there, did the mandatory clapping, and swiftly leave. I remember asking my Bibi about this too. According to them the "upper castes" did not engage in this behaviour; it was not permitted and seen as besharmi. However certain castes were permitted, and so dancers were hired I think? Can't remember. Ironic now though. You see women who are well past the age of wearing brightly coloured suits nach'ing and tapp'ing. Oh vi uchi jaat de. Weddings were so simple. Close family would go for Anand Kaaraj, everybody went back to the house, fed the baraat, sagan, bas. Hun pura drama hunda ah.
    • @puzzled Honestly in that situation it's our farj to say something. Nowadays people are overly sensitive but we should still say something...have to remain cool though and say it pyaar de naal.
    • The suggestive dancing has gone on for decades.  The first time I saw it, my jaw dropped. In Punjab nobody bats an eyelid.  Compared to Punjab, you will probably see more people in the UK going to Anand Karaj and that I'd probably because of the milni and tea at the Gurdwara whereas the milni and tea in Punjab is at the palace.  Never underestimate the lure of free food.  
    • the true history dheaan which now bewakoof people are encouraging to do in Punjab making it easier for their daughters to be attacked  
×

Important Information

Terms of Use