7 hours ago, BhForce said:

If by "you" you mean "one", then one does not need a job offer letter merely to apply for a visa to move to Canada (which is what he said, not a work permit). It's just that having a job letter gets you a hundreds of points in the Express Entry point system.

A letter from a province gets you even more points. But to get that letter, you usually have to ... have a job offer. There are other ways, too, but none that may apply to this brother: higher education, having studied in Canada, having $500K ready to invest in Canada.

So yeah, for this brother, he would likely only make the points cutoff if he had a job lined up. For other people reading this thread, you could easily qualify without a job.

This is not a general discussion but specific, that's why it's "You" not "one".

My suggestions are for OP's perusal as per the info provided above.

If you read SantSipahi's post carefully, he has been & can travel to Canada being a British citizen. All he needs is to get an offer letter from sponsor to apply for Work permit. Employer needs to convince fed's that he's qualified & they can't find a Canadian to fill this vacancy.

Canadian lawyer's dealing in immigration usually provide such services for a Fee.

SANT SIPAHI, another option is to look for volunteer jobs for foreigners in Canada

https://www.gooverseas.com/volunteer-abroad/canada

• Like 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Vaheguru...

Thank you to all for your feedback, input and suggestions.

Just to clarify, I am not completely illiterate lol - high school education only. Didn't really do well in my A-Levels and did not attend colleage or Uni.

However, with Maharaaj's bayanth kirpa I have always managed to get really good jobs. Ones that I propbably don't deserve with the lack of education I have.

Education was a concern for me about applyng for Canada residency due to the point system being 67 minimum.

If it's meant to be it will happen - Maharaaj da bhana

Akaal!.

7 hours ago, simran345 said:

Why would you write this? 

Baba ji are prominent British religious leader with presence in Canada.

They have more than 45 years experience & connections in global management of Schools, Thaat's & colleges in various countries.

Which obviously makes them expert in dealing with immigration.

59 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

If you read SantSipahi's post carefully, he has been & can travel to Canada being a British citizen.

You're absolutely right. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that he can travel to Canada with no visa whatsoever. Once he's visiting, he can hook up with an employer. The employer can put an ad in the paper, and if they get no suitable responses, they can truthfully state that no qualified Canadians are available.

But you should not state that you are going to look for work. You should go on an actual vacation and see Canada. Only while you're there, you can also look and see if there are jobs.

A second way which I had forgotten, is that one needs absolutely no job to go to work in Canada. If you are between 18 and 30, you can go on a "working vacation" in Canada, no job offer required!

http://www.canadianimmigration.net/work/holiday-visa/

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp?country=uk

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

As mentioned before, everything is far apart and also there are a lot of suleh and somalians there now too.

Yeah, sounds like the UK now, and the US, and Germany, and a lot of other places. Leaving the only option being to go back to Punjab if you're allergic to those sorts.

4 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Once he's visiting, he can hook up with an employer.

This is the hardest bit. How does one find an employer without any contacts or personally knowing them? Even then, we've had cousins that have asked relatives that are businessmen and they've not done it. So how many would be willing to do this for nothing ? 

2 minutes ago, simran345 said:

This is the hardest bit. How does one find an employer without any contacts or personally knowing them? Even then, we've had cousins that have asked relatives that are businessmen and they've not done it. So how many would be willing to do this for nothing ? 

You're right. But nothing in this world is for free. He'll definitely have to hustle, and convince the employer that employing him would benefit the employer highly.

The other option is the working holiday visa, not requiring a job offer. One assumes that if he were to get a free visa in the mail for Canada, he'd have to find a job. So he can just pretend he's immigrated to Canada, and get a job with that mindset.

33 minutes ago, BhForce said:

The other option is the working holiday visa, not requiring a job offer.

It's a shame 30 is the maximum age. Without a job offer it seems easier for people from India to get over than from UK. Many UK settled families don't necessarily have blood relatives there. That's why people from India tend to opt for Canada more, as their relative will sponsor them, they get the shortcut route, without doing anything. Normally it's the sister/brother that's married there, then the whole family goes over. 

Edited by simran345
Added more.

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

You're absolutely right. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that he can travel to Canada with no visa whatsoever. Once he's visiting, he can hook up with an employer. The employer can put an ad in the paper, and if they get no suitable responses, they can truthfully state that no qualified Canadians are available.

But you should not state that you are going to look for work. You should go on an actual vacation and see Canada. Only while you're there, you can also look and see if there are jobs.

A second way which I had forgotten, is that one needs absolutely no job to go to work in Canada. If you are between 18 and 30, you can go on a "working vacation" in Canada, no job offer required!

http://www.canadianimmigration.net/work/holiday-visa/

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp?country=uk

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp

SantSapai is over 30.

He should probably give a matrimonial advert in "Sanyog Saha" in 

https://issuu.com/akjsura

or

https://ajitweekly.com/category/epaper/

Guest Jacfsing2
3 hours ago, simran345 said:

If O.P. has some unique skills with high value, or important experience that is undeniably important, then he can go through without knowing anyone. Even though he has a high school diploma, he can still prove valuable with such skills, that he can get the point system without a college degree.

17 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

If O.P. has some unique skills with high value, or important experience that is undeniably important, then he can go through without knowing anyone. Even though he has a high school diploma, he can still prove valuable with such skills, that he can get the point system without a college degree.

I haven't checked the skills side on that link, but I'm assuming he needs some certificates or skills proof? 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, simran345 said:

I haven't checked the skills side on that link, but I'm assuming he needs some certificates or skills proof? 

If you ask me, him coming on a work visa seems much better than the marriage recommendation some people are mentioning.

On 17/08/2017 at 9:36 AM, SantSapai said:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Sangat ji, I have been considering moving away from the UK. Mainly just had enough of the place.

I am alone. No family at all nor am I married. I am not educated either.

Has anyone got any experience on the emmigration process for someone in the UK wanting to move to Canada who may be or has been in a similar situation as myself?

I was there this time last year and saw that there is a lot of Sangat there. It's clean, peaceful and generally seems like a great move especially for someone that just wants to get up and leave everything in the UK behind.

I had the chance to speak to someone there who has moved from London and is working in banking/finance but he actually married a Canadian Singhni and was under 30 years of age when he applied for his PR (permanent residence) so it was a little easier for him.

Any ideas, feedback, information or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Akaal!

I would suggest you go there for 2 weeks but go there not for holiday but as if you were living there. Do some research on cost of living, housing, work etc.

You would get a better feel for the place.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

If you ask me, him coming on a work visa seems much better than the marriage recommendation some people are mentioning.

Vaheguru Ji...

Don't worry, I wouldn't get married to a Canadian just to get a greencard.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaaj's hukam to us is to earn an honest living and by this live honestly too, hence why I wouldn't do it for the sake of getting "pukka" in Canada.

The work visa seems to be the stronger option.

Thank you all.

Akaal!

Edited by SantSapai
  • Like 2