ਸਿਖ ਇਤਿਹਾਸ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਹਫਤਾ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਹੋ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ

singhbj singh

13 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Purewal calendar is not a pathic calendar. Jan 5th date is chosen by a comrade purewal. Jan 5th is not the gurpurab. Bikrami calendar is right instead of govt sponsored purewal calendar from canada.

agreed , it seems that Guru Pita ji doesn't even warrant an entry in either december or Jan , I had amrit first on rehnsbhai for prakash utsav of Guru Pita ji so I know it is somewhere on last week of dec /first week Jan then people used bikrami jantris to keep track

29 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

they also don't have Guru Pita ji's prakash !

That's what I though first, but the next Prakash will be in 2019, I think. Unless it's a mistake, doesn't Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji's Joti Jot come before Dasam Pita's Gurgaddi?

21 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Not the SGPC one I believe. I see that one image posted in this thread is based on Gregorian calendar. Our year does not end on dec 31st. Our history - gurus time history did not used Jan to dec dates. 

They've just done that for ease of use. The dates conincide with the SGPC one, check Pooranmashi for Jan-Feb/Poh-Magh. It's the same.

9 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

even in Bikrami the dates don't disappear so how come ...if we are going by our months POH etc ?

I think the confusion is because the Gurmat Prachaar calendar is Jan 2018 - Dec 2018. The SGPC one is March 2017 - March 2018.

Check the months that overlap, the dates for Pooranmashi, Sangrand etc all coincide on both calendars. They are both Bikrami, just different layout.