Which western country do most people like here ?

Gagan1995

I live in California  silicon valley , maybe the most richest place in the whole world . It's also beautiful and very expensive, taxes are a B***** and our wonder politicians decided to raise gas prices by 12 cents for a new gas law . So oil is like 3.50 $$ at the cheapest . Can't even move out because, I have no relatives in other states , live with parents here and will most likely become a police officer here, probably making 100 k a yr but that salary won't mean jack with the crazy taxes and high cost of living. So I'll probably die here. Last yr I visited Vancouver , it was the most beautiful city I ever seen, I mean it was probably more beautiful than San Francisco and the rest of the bay . It also had a nice beach, nicer than Santa Cruz. Also couldn't believe the amount of Panjabis there . Literally felt like it was india , Panjabis every where , there were also many roads named in Panjabi. You could drive 30 minutes to Surrey and  It would be pretty much Panjabi majority town. Indian super markets, Panjabi lawyers on bench signs , old granpa's walking down the streets for a daily walk . It was great , I mean there are a decent amount of Panjabis in Cali , specially Yuba / Sac , but nowhere near this amount . Take this comparison for a moment , Panjabis were to Canada what Mexicans are to USA . EVERYWHERE . Then again , there probably none in the white french speaking states in Canada. So which western country is the best to live in ? I wish I lived in Canada , but Cali ain't bad . What about y'all ?

Well i live in a very dull town just outside greater London called "slough" lol  Its very dull, grey and 70s. No one visits Slough apart from people driving through Slough towards Windsor or London. Slough is very multi cultural! In fact its among the 3 or 4 towns in the UK which has more foreigners than local English people! only 35% of Slough is White British while the rest is all brown and black people. 

The town has a big Punjabi population though. Lots of Indian grocery stores, punjabi ladies clothing shops, we even had a Punjabi pub but thankfully that shut down!   we have two Sikh schools and 3 gurdwareh. A lot of small businesses owned by Punjabis . We have A LOT of apne from Punjab who are illegally living in this country, I think its because Heathrow airport is close by so they just get of the plane and come to Slough lol    but its good because they keep the Punjabi population up in Slough. 

There's not much to do here lol. Everything is shutting down, we used to have a decent high street back int the 90s but most of it has shut down. a lot of halal shops and corner shops. we have a lot of new expensive flats being built around central Slough but mostly people from other towns who work in London have moved into these flats as London is not far. People from London often move to Slough as London is really expensive to live in.

Some sheikh from Dubai wanted to buy Slough town center and build flashy new apartments and big shopping centers but the Windsor castle people kept on rejecting the plans as they said the tall apartments are going to ruin the view for Windsor castle as windsor is right next to slough, we had a lot of hope in the Dubai man making Slough center nice but it turned out he got arrested because of fraud and is locked up in Saudi Arabia now  lol!   so yeah     

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Well i live in a very dull town just outside greater London called "slough" lol  Its very dull, grey and 70s. No one visits Slough apart from people driving through Slough towards Windsor or London. Slough is very multi cultural! In fact its among the 3 or 4 towns in the UK which has more foreigners than local English people! only 35% of Slough is White British while the rest is all brown and black people. 

The town has a big Punjabi population though. Lots of Indian grocery stores, punjabi ladies clothing shops, we even had a Punjabi pub but thankfully that shut down!   we have two Sikh schools and 3 gurdwareh. A lot of small businesses owned by Punjabis . We have A LOT of apne from Punjab who are illegally living in this country, I think its because Heathrow airport is close by so they just get of the plane and come to Slough lol    but its good because they keep the Punjabi population up in Slough. 

There's not much to do here lol. Everything is shutting down, we used to have a decent high street back int the 90s but most of it has shut down. a lot of halal shops and corner shops. we have a lot of new expansive flats being built around central Slough but mostly people who work in London live there as London is not far. People from London often move to Slough as London is really expensive to live in.

Some sheikh from Dubai wanted to buy Slough town center and build flashy new apartments and big shopping centers but the Windsor castle people kept on rejecting the plans as they said the tall apartments are going to ruin the view for Windsor castle as windsor is right next to slough, we had a lot of hope in the Dubai man making Slough center nice but it turned out he got arrested because of fraud and is locked up in Saudi Arabia now  lol!   so yeah     

had a classmate back in the day from Slough ,was a pakistani Butt  and missed Slough something chronic (I know right ), She would buy Mars bars and get really happy reading the address on the back ...Anyways I was born and brought up in East London and am comfy here , been to many european places but only rate a few for vibe Rome, Sardinia, Ireland , especially Dublin, Cork (the county and town) . Mull was really cool ... I think naturally I gravitate to nature forests, lakes, mountains etc I'm living in Newbury Park(Seven Kings) and its been OK but now the vibe is changing to a very islamic one and very unfriendly one too.

7 hours ago, Gagan1995 said:

I live in California  silicon valley , maybe the most richest place in the whole world . It's also beautiful and very expensive, taxes are a B***** and our wonder politicians decided to raise gas prices by 12 cents for a new gas law . So oil is like 3.50 $$ at the cheapest . Can't even move out because, I have no relatives in other states , live with parents here and will most likely become a police officer here, probably making 100 k a yr but that salary won't mean jack with the crazy taxes and high cost of living. So I'll probably die here. Last yr I visited Vancouver , it was the most beautiful city I ever seen, I mean it was probably more beautiful than San Francisco and the rest of the bay . It also had a nice beach, nicer than Santa Cruz. Also couldn't believe the amount of Panjabis there . Literally felt like it was india , Panjabis every where , there were also many roads named in Panjabi. You could drive 30 minutes to Surrey and  It would be pretty much Panjabi majority town. Indian super markets, Panjabi lawyers on bench signs , old granpa's walking down the streets for a daily walk . It was great , I mean there are a decent amount of Panjabis in Cali , specially Yuba / Sac , but nowhere near this amount . Take this comparison for a moment , Panjabis were to Canada what Mexicans are to USA . EVERYWHERE . Then again , there probably none in the white french speaking states in Canada. So which western country is the best to live in ? I wish I lived in Canada , but Cali ain't bad . What about y'all ?

UK is good for me, for all its faults it is still got a lot of good qualities. 

As a Californian, if you are not happy where you are.

Do what other Californians are now typically doing: move to Texas or Colorado!

Then you can ruin those states as well.

yeah i think many people have some sort of attachment to the town/city that they were born and raised in regardless of how crap it might be lol.  Best thing about Slough is probably the big presence of apne lol    its a very diverse town but there never really has been any problems between different communities here. 

I feel home sick when i go India! after 2 weeks i'm just fed up of it and want to come back home, when we fly back to the UK and the minute i step out of heathrow airport   gosh! i am sooooo happy    haha!     after a month in India i just love the uk so much  the corner shops, tescos, the bricks, traffic lights, pakis, somalians, polish,   i feel so in love with all these things after a month in india haha!