Modern day Panjabi names & how terrible they are.

Gagan1995

I dont understand why hindus worship these people because the hindu texts themselves talk about their faults and imperfections! why worship something that isn't perfect and egotistical. I remember reading how when shiv and parvati were getting married, bhrama, who was conducting the ceremony got a little too happy when he saw parvati and ended up leaking his seed! and then when shiva and parvati were making love on mount kalash after getting married, they kept on doing it for 100s of years non stop, and it reached the point where the demons started taking over the earth and spreading evil so all the demi gods had to tell shiva to stop doing it with parvati and reminded him of his duty and told him to stop the demons from taking over the earth. Thats how distracted shiva got with his new wife and lust that he forgot his duty and let the demons take over. then why worship shiv!    

7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

as far as I understood he shapeshifted to look like her husband (a bit like Zeus in greek mythology) to get his way.

yeah he did change his form to look like the rishi, but the rishis wife knew it was indra but didn't say anything and still did it, thats what it said in the ramayan i read ... 

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

I dont understand why hindus worship these people because the hindu texts themselves talk about their faults and imperfections! why worship something that isn't perfect and egotistical. I remember reading how when shiv and parvati were getting married, bhrama, who was conducting the ceremony got a little too happy when he saw parvati and ended up leaking his seed! and then when shiva and parvati were making love on mount kalash after getting married, they kept on doing it for 100s of years non stop, and it reached the point where the demons started taking over the earth and spreading evil so all the demi gods had to tell shiva to stop doing it with parvati and reminded him of his duty and told him to stop the demons from taking over the earth. Thats how distracted shiva got with his new wife and lust that he forgot his duty and let the demons take over. then why worship shiv!    

they don't just worship shiva they worship the phallus and the <banned word filter activated>  which they try to dress it up as the creative process but c'mon .
Also the tradition of devdasis which were literally raped by pujaris on a regular basis ... it's so many shades or wrong . Maybe they need their Gods to be like themselves full of faults and haumai to justify not changing

As far as I can tell they serve Shiva and Vishnu through fear , fear of misfortune , hunger and poverty the shiva for fear of death and destruction

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

I agree. But what I've always been wrestling with is why does God need to be perfect? Why can't God be flawed? Perhaps there is an answer in Sikhi that I am unaware of, and one of you would like to share.

1 hour ago, TejS said:

I agree. But what I've always been wrestling with is why does God need to be perfect? Why can't God be flawed? Perhaps there is an answer in Sikhi that I am unaware of, and one of you would like to share.

being perfect is a natural and logical argument since It/He/She doesn't need to be appeased, amused, entertained  , Waheguru ji is complete needing no other to be whole(no need for a missus like the many pantheons of gods in different cultures) being omnipotent and omnipresent has complete knowledge and control .

4 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

they don't just worship shiva they worship the phallus and the <banned word filter activated>  which they try to dress it up as the creative process but c'mon .
Also the tradition of devdasis which were literally raped by pujaris on a regular basis ... it's so many shades or wrong . Maybe they need their Gods to be like themselves full of faults and haumai to justify not changing

As far as I can tell they serve Shiva and Vishnu through fear , fear of misfortune , hunger and poverty the shiva for fear of death and destruction

Yeah a shivling basically represents shivas private parts while the thing that the shivling is placed on, it begins with a Y i think represents parvatis private bits  lol!  

54 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

being perfect is a natural and logical argument since It/He/She doesn't need to be appeased, amused, entertained  , Waheguru ji is complete needing no other to be whole(no need for a missus like the many pantheons of gods in different cultures) being omnipotent and omnipresent has complete knowledge and control .

I understand that argument but why? Considering your parents gave birth to you, is a perfect creator needed to start creation? If you look at the Abrahamic God, it clearly turns out that He is jealous and incomplete, seeking obedience. 

1 hour ago, TejS said:

I understand that argument but why? Considering your parents gave birth to you, is a perfect creator needed to start creation? If you look at the Abrahamic God, it clearly turns out that He is jealous and incomplete, seeking obedience. 

but sikhi makes it clear Waheguru takes no sides, is a friend to all thus no chosen people as such , people have to choose Waheguru ji as their tek . Waheguru ji is not just kicking off creation once it is a continual process in the minuteness places and spaces to the most huge in multiple universes and provides for all (before you say it humans could feed and look after all if they wanted to )  . Again the jewish description of Akal Purakh is a very mean minded partisan type of entity that fails to save his people from many hazards including the third reich.

56 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Waheguru ji is not just kicking off creation once it is a continual process in the minuteness places and spaces to the most huge in multiple universes and provides for all (before you say it humans could feed and look after all if they wanted to ).

So why did Waheguru start creation?

I think hinduism was once a great religion but today has been reduced to pouring milk over idols. I think brahmins began the downfall, they spread superstitions which created fear in people, fear traps and enslaves people and thats what the brahmins wanted. They placed the caste system to secure their place at the top and to keep every one under them and in their place. they enslaved Indian society and did not let is prosper, the caste system was designed and practiced in a way where only the bramins would gain. I read somewhere that it was brahmins that spread idols, idols create superstitions. If hindus actually followed texts like the upanishads or the geeta and not the idols and rituals then hinduism wouldn't actually be the mess that it is today.