How to prevent Diabetes

Big_Tera

6 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Ie in the uk there is a big choice of sugar free foods. But In india they dont have this. 

Sugar-free is artificial sweeteners that are, in many cases, as detrimental to health as the real thing when consumed regularly to excess, which is what causes these issues. Don't fall for the "Sugar-free / Diet" scam. It's just marketing speak.

8 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Thanks for that. 

I eat yoghurt now and then.  Really need to step up the training though. Will try and do more cycling and swimming. Plus cut down on portion sizes. 

If you drink milk then it contains lactose.  Anything that ends with -ose is a sugar, like fructose.

However anything that is processed from milk into something like cheese or yoghurt will not push up your sugar levels. 

If you want to help with sugar levels, it is important to left heavy things as well doing cardio.

By building muscle, you create hypertrophy  (muscle growth) . This means you have more cells to store the sugar you create when you consume food.

This means that there is less pressure on your insulin production. 

4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Sugar-free is artificial sweeteners that are, in many cases, as detrimental to health as the real thing when consumed regularly to excess, which is what causes these issues. Don't fall for the "Sugar-free / Diet" scam. It's just marketing speak.

true the body reacts as if you've had sweets and still pumps out insulin ,with some  that's why having diet drinks are not a good idea as they cause carb bingeing  a  little later after consumption ...the other reason is there are either carcinogenic or neurotoxic (Michael J Fox and the cast  of that sit com he did drank diet pepsi on tap, seven people came down with 'parkinsons'like symptoms)

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

If you drink milk then it contains lactose.  Anything that ends with -ose is a sugar, like fructose.

However anything that is processed from milk into something like cheese or yoghurt will not push up your sugar levels. 

If you want to help with sugar levels, it is important to left heavy things as well doing cardio.

By building muscle, you create hypertrophy  (muscle growth) . This means you have more cells to store the sugar you create when you consume food.

This means that there is less pressure on your insulin production. 

you are discounting the higher levels of IGF1 in cheese

10 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

you are discounting the higher levels of IGF1 in cheese

Perhaps.

I don't know a great deal regarding the IGF1 impact but the problem with food is someone is always going to find a problem with it.

You discount one food type because of particular problems pertaining to it and then you miss out on a whole other range of benefits that it may provide. 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Perhaps.

I don't know a great deal regarding the IGF1 impact but the problem with food is someone is always going to find a problem with it.

You discount one food type because of particular problems pertaining to it and then you miss out on a whole other range of benefits that it may provide. 

cheese has a concentrated amount of casomorphins so is highly addictive (like morphine) that coupled with high IGF1 which impacts insulin as well as cancer cells (like baby bio)  I would say have fresh paneer sparingly (our folks tend to have it more often than back home, that plus makhan and Malai)  and stay away from too much cheddar and hard cheeses.

Yoghurt is low in lactose and compared to paneer not so concentrated plus the lactobacillus is helpful for gut health... I would stick to that mainly ...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2018 at 8:44 PM, Big_Tera said:

It is well known that Asian people ie South Asians and blacks. Are at a greater risk of developing diabetes due to a combination of genetics, diet and lifestyles. 

Due to my limited knowledge I always presumed that consuming  excess sugar had nothing to do with it. Instead I was told that having a big waistline some how contributes and increases the risk and this was the main thing to avoid.  

As somone with alot of relatives with Diabetes has got me worried. 

Hence was now thinking of ways that prevent this disease from occurring in the first place. I read that avoiding sugar is a big step to reducing risk?

100 percent method recommended by presidents and CEO of american heart associations and foundations, is GO VEGAN!

V low cholesterol and meat causes as much insulin to release as pure sugar. SO the decisions yours ....!!!