We as Sikhs are meant to stand out from the crowd.

JSinghnz

5 hours ago, mahandulai said:

we all should!

mindsets like standing out from the crowd, are benign, and add to the stigma of separation, the last time I checked sikhi was about equality. ALSO standing out from the crows, isn't just wearing a turban and couple of dangling kakaars. standing out, really, is about doing the best you can, and anything else is blending in.

Yeah Sikhi is about equality but when you look like the rest of the world how does someone know who to look for who you know that if you go up to will help you out.

38 minutes ago, GuestKaur2 said:
ਜਬ ਲਗ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਆਰਾ ॥ jab lag khhalasa rehae niara While the Khalsa stays distinct,
ਤਬ ਲਗ ਤੇਜ ਕੀਉ ਮੈਂ ਸਾਰਾ ॥ thab lag thaej keeo main sara I will offer my full support
ਜਬ ਇਹ ਗਹੈ ਬਿਪਰਨ ਕੀ ਰੀਤ ॥ jab eih gehai biparan kee reeth When they follow the ways of others,
ਮੈਂ ਨ ਕਰੋਂ ਇਨ ਕੀ ਪ੝ਰਤੀਤ ॥ main n karon ein kee pratheeth I will withdraw my assistance from them.

distinct can mean a lot of things, it doesn't say, "everyone wear paghs"

3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I meant you should sit down ... your overally aggressive stance is not needed or wanted ...Our Father Guru Gobind Singh ji deemed it imperative that we have a regal, strong visage to the world backed up with a courageous self-assured manner . I am frankly sick of seeing sikhs being ashamed of their dastars and hiding them under baseball caps ..WTH is that?

You want to be a sheep and follow the crowd be my guest but don't dare to think you can call yourself Singh you haven't earnt it as you have basically said Guru Sahiban were wrong  to expect you to follow them.

TO clear up this waffle,

You are saying that , Guru Gobind Singh Ji, told us to be strong and proud. All this expectation and following nonsense is farce.

Be a good person, and stand out, exactly by standing out!! Tying your ideas to just wearing a dastaar and kirpan, is wrong, and that is what I am trying to say.

Just now, mahandulai said:

Distinct means to be niara (unique) but when we reach a certain level of bhagti, we don't care about blending in, because the path of Sikhi is already so unique and beautiful that we only care about our souls and what will happen after we die etc. There is no point following others because we live in Kalyug, it is very easy to be influenced by wrongdoings.

2 minutes ago, GuestKaur2 said:

Distinct means to be niara (unique) but when we reach a certain level of bhagti, we don't care about blending in, because the path of Sikhi is already so unique and beautiful that we only care about our souls and what will happen after we die etc. There is no point following others because we live in Kalyug, it is very easy to be influenced by wrongdoings.

so is speaking english

Just now, mahandulai said:

TO clear up this waffle,

You are saying that , Guru Gobind Singh Ji, told us to be strong and proud. All this expectation and following nonsense is farce.

Be a good person, and stand out, exactly by standing out!! Tying your ideas to just wearing a dastaar and kirpan, is wrong, and that is what I am trying to say.

We are meant to be sant and siphai, we are saints and soldiers. The reason why we need kirpan is so we can protect others, and dastar to look different to everyone else so people in need see us and come to us. For us, this our uniform. Our uniform is the Guru's Saroop.

1 hour ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Yeah Sikhi is about equality but when you look like the rest of the world how does someone know who to look for who you know that if you go up to will help you out.

honestly he comes across as if he thinks equality means we should be like the others i.e. Lost and clueless - which is hard when we've been given the simplest most direct roapmap through life . Because of that privilege we should be helping others along the way to head the right direction instead of getting waylaid like them.

6 minutes ago, GuestKaur2 said:

@mahandulai the whole point of wearing a dastar is to be unique so the Guru's were wrong to wear a dastar? 

1 hour ago, mahandulai said:

try cracking a sikh history book , in the days when non -muslim people were punished for wearing a turban, keeping a beard, riding a horse, bearing arms and practising self-defence via martial arts  by the authorities  OUR GURU SAHIBAN told us we are to do that all and live courageously , in other words forget about worldly people's views , that we only have ONE authority above us Akal Purakh . Throughout history all non-sikhs have labelled us as rebels ... so YES that is our primary Identity as we have chosen to follow the Guru not the People.