GuestSikh06

Translate this please

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

For the ardaas you can say ' Aap ji di kirpa de naal, es shabad de 21 paath kite han. Eh paath changi pardai vaste kite han. App ji ne kirpa karni, vidhia ate pardhai da daan bakhshana. Jo pardha oh samaj aave te emtihaan vich madid hove. Kirpa karni ke panjabi bolni aa jaave. '

Translation: with ur grace, 21 recitations have been done of this shabad. This recitation wa done for a good education. Please bless me with the gift of knowlege and education. Whatever I may read, may i understand and may it help.me on my exams. Also bless.me that i can come to speak panjabi. 

I didnt add the 5 paaths, because i think the instructions say to do those when u r abt to open ur books. Like just mentally recite them 5x. And say mentally may my studying be fruiful and my attention remain fixed on studying : 'pardhai safal hovai, chit lagaa rehe'Like a quick silent prayer sitting at ur desk. Then begin. 

Also God understands english. So its really good that u r  saying it in panjabi. After saying it in panjabi, say it again in english in ur own words so u can say it from ur heart. And in case u didnt say it right in panjabi, it wont matter if u repeat it in english. 

Thank you, one of my aunties used to tell me in Punjabi 'learn Punjabi so that you can communicate with Guru Nanak' I think in that context she meant Waheguru, but it's good you cleared that up for me :) 

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
2 hours ago, GuestSikh06 said:

Thank you, one of my aunties used to tell me in Punjabi 'learn Punjabi so that you can communicate with Guru Nanak' I think in that context she meant Waheguru, but it's good you cleared that up for me :) 

no its really good u r praying in panjabi. also do learn panjabi, it will help u understand gurbani. english translations r good. but when u can understand gurbani, its more beautiful, more personal like Guruji speaking directly to u. also things sound better in panjabi, more formal yet more real

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

no its really good u r praying in panjabi. also do learn panjabi, it will help u understand gurbani. english translations r good. but when u can understand gurbani, its more beautiful, more personal like Guruji speaking directly to u. also things sound better in panjabi, more formal yet more real

Thank you for motivating me!

I will keep you guys updated on this paath. One thing I can say is, that my focus is still bad I've got other things on mind that stress me out and I keep on getting up and going back and forth instead of focusing on studies. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, GuestSikh06 said:

^^Thank you and yes I'm doing this prayer for my education, which I think you must be assuming already?! Do you or does anyone else know how to prepare for the prayer, do I need a white cloth or kailash filled with water or something. I'm still young but I want to do this for my exams. My grandma has kept the book for over 30 years but I found a digital version with English but the instructions were not. 

Kaka Ji! Don't forget to study/ revise as well. Example, Henry I became king in which year? You can do all d paat in d world but you need to turn to History book for the answer. Good luck.

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2018 at 7:37 PM, Singh1989 said:

Kaka Ji! Don't forget to study/ revise as well. Example, Henry I became king in which year? You can do all d paat in d world but you need to turn to History book for the answer. Good luck.

Haha of course, I’m doing this for my yaadshakti I’m going to continue studying with Gods grace and thank you.