puzzled

Do you trust other Sikhs?

Do you trust sikhs?

Would you approach a sikh for help?

Would you share your problems  with another sikh? Personal problems, alcohol issues etc 

If you were short of 20p would you approach a sikh and ask for change or would you feel more comfortable approaching a gora or kala

How much trust and faith do you actually have in other Sikhs however big or small the problem may be ? 

• Like 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I fully trust Sikhs (well most Sikhs ) I get on well with them. I remember the time i was travelling alone for the 1st time. I was at Delhi airport. the airport security guards wanted to see if my laptop bag had one of those tags. I told them the tag was toward the bottom(in Punjabi)  but they were not listening to me and were giving me a hard time. (this Singh who nearby came and explained to the security guards in Hindi and they let me proceed)  during that trip I even got questioned by immigration before I was allowed entry to India. srs man I had an approved  India visa so there was no reason to ask further questions. Back in the UK most of my friends are Sikhs and I  get on well with them.  For advice, i would feel comfortable approaching a Sikh as we can easily relate. 

Needing anything from anyone usually send them fleeing in opposite direction. Sikh or non Sikh. Setting up yourself that Sikhs are better than anyone else will end up in despair.

Sikhs at businesses will most of the time give you an attitude or rip you off imo.  I'm also not punjabi so I think they're going to kill me for assumed grooming or something.  I trust the random Singh I may see in the day, but they never talk to me for more than 5 seconds (not even joking, it's an under 10 second period)

Guest Singh

I used to trust sikhs a lot. When I saw someone with a turban and beard I looked up to them. But recently I’ve been ripped off by two sikhs in a business deal. I felt really bad as I didn’t think my own people would betray me. So going forward I will be a lot more cautious.

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

The intersectionality between race (religion) and class is interesting. I would say I am always drawn towards - and feel more affinity with -  working class people no matter what their religion is. 

Do you trust sikhs?

Would you share your problems  with another sikh? Personal problems, alcohol issues etc 

If you were short of 20p would you approach a sikh and ask for change or would you feel more comfortable approaching a gora or kala

How much trust and faith do you actually have in other Sikhs however big or small the problem may be ? 

The question then is this:

If I'm desperately in need of help who out of these two are more likely to give it to me :

1) The super rich Sikh Surgeon born into riches

2) The girl from Poland who works as a cleaner in the office, as well as a couple of other jobs whilst bringing her family up.

Answer: The working class girl from Poland.

14 hours ago, puzzled said:

Do you trust sikhs?

to do sikh stuff - yes.

for anything important - no. very few

Many Sikhs have this unhealthy love for money, its like a romantic relationship, i would never wanna get in the middle of this relationship and ask for 20p even if i was desperate and stranded at a train station haha!  But obviously not all are like that lol 

for me personally it takes me some time to open up with Sikhs. Like where i work it took me around 7 months till i actually started talking to the sikhs properly, for several months it was just "hi"   "you ok"   

Edited by puzzled

2 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

I don't know why sikhs don't get along. Its like the muslims have such brotherhood and the sikhs stab each other in the back.

One side they dream of Khalistan and they do these acts as seen in punjab with the goverment.

A sikh anywhere will never help a sikh i can assure you of that.

Some sikhs enjoy tearing others sikhs apart, iv seen it.

people judge you a lot and no one wants to be judged 

its easier talking about your issues on a computer rather than face to face with sikhs  lol 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 5:18 AM, Guest Singh said:

I used to trust sikhs a lot. When I saw someone with a turban and beard I looked up to them. But recently I’ve been ripped off by two sikhs in a business deal. I felt really bad as I didn’t think my own people would betray me. So going forward I will be a lot more cautious.

thats what they do, thats what i mean by unhealthy love for money, some will tear apart their own people for money. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/30/2018 at 12:26 PM, mahandulai said:

to do sikh stuff - yes.

for anything important - no. very few

i agree, for sikh stuff i would but for anything else then no never lol, can't trust them people 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, puzzled said:

i agree, for sikh stuff i would but for anything else then no never lol, can't trust them people 

silly question

Guest True
On 11/30/2018 at 12:50 AM, puzzled said:

Do you trust sikhs?

Well I have been physically and emotionally harassed by many Sikhs. 

So no, I wouldn't trust just any Sikh. A good soul, who has proven to be trustworthy, and not belonging to any religion, as Nanak taught us there is no religion, only One Truth, I would ask. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• shes from a different community n anotha part of town. abt 15 yrs younger than the female elder as well. so y wud she be keepin their company? seems like she was either abandoned by her own for wateva reason n lost her way. maybe livin rough n desperate before bein targeted. or she knew the place well as a worker or regular customer n wanted a piece of the prize from wat wudve seemed a simple 'transaction'?
    • Sidh Gohst is a Sikh Prayer... (i hope u weren't being sarcastic)? Prayer came about when Guru Nanak Ji had an assembly (gohst) with Sidhs, hence the name Sidh Gohst. The prayer is like a Q&A session where Sidhs ask n Guru Ji answers... NOW! Who been telling me to stick t learning about Sidh Gohst?? 😔
    • Get a normal bike n ride it. Road bike u can go far n fast so it's advantageous. Second bike type, ideal for short distant travelling n cycle at own leisure... Totally forgot wha the types called though I own one. Not mountain bike something else.
    • Is that Harpreet's mugshot? Lol! We need to understand y they committed a crime. Obviously for money but what lead them? For their age appears they had a hard life or "hard" life (depends how u look at it) and thas it! They understood the phenomenon of dog eat dog world. So they took a drastic step and failed... Of course they could've succeeded.
    • and also, as your next post alludes to, naamdharis also take khanday dee pahul, and actually most of them do compared to "us" mainstream sikhs. naamdharis are also much closer to rehit than some of these jathabandis we have now corrupt the panth since colonial times. However naamdharis are missing the kshatriya rehit of khalsa, ie the warrior maryada. I think a lot of "sikh" children would easily get influenced by christian schools due to lack of sikhi knowledge, and this includes those who go to these schools in India as well Yes, Khalsa sikhs used to learn from other sikh sampradaiye as well when it came to spiritual gyaan and sikhi knowledge. Obviously for learning there are no strict rules, however other rules are different for khalsa sikhs as they need to follow the military rules as well compared to sehajdhari "civilian" sikhs. And this is funny, but would learning from a harmonium teacher harm your sikhi, as it takes you away from learning sikh/Gurus' instruments? I would find it harmful for someone to teach that crazy keertan which plays at many rehnsbhais, 🤣😂

Important Information

Terms of Use