Hard to find Amritdhari girl

TinnkerBell

On 10/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, puzzled said:

I think when your into sikhi then everyone faces this kinda dilemma.  everyone is now banging on about me getting married  parents, relatives, random punjabis from the area lol    every day  I get asked when I'm gonna get married.  Got Sukhmani sahib paat at cousins house in Wolverhampton nxt week and I can already hear everyone asking me

Thing is when your kesdhari sikh but not amritdhari then who are you supposed to marry! ?    

Youre supposed to find a kesdhari girl i guess. But what does that mean. Theres girls that come from families of only kesdharis or you can take amrit and marry a singhni

45 minutes ago, H908 said:

Youre supposed to find a kesdhari girl i guess. But what does that mean. Theres girls that come from families of only kesdharis or you can take amrit and marry a singhni

It's not easy though is it     I rather meet som1 myself!  I think when you meet som1 yourself then theres  more understanding     compared to arange marriage.   When you meet som1 yourself atleast theres some understand of each other and you can explain stuff    while with aranged marriage you get to know each other after marriage.

Plus my family is weird! So are my relatives   so I rather meet som1 b4 marriage and tell her everything    rather than having a aranged marriage and her having a bit of a shock with everything.

My dad drinks everyday and eats meat everyday   so do all my relatives   so marrying som1 from a strict family might not work   and all the guys sit together and start swearing and drinking etc   it might be a bit of a shock for her   

Its difficult 

33 minutes ago, puzzled said:

My dad drinks everyday and eats meat everyday   so do all my relatives   so marrying som1 from a strict family might not work   and all the guys sit together and start swearing and drinking etc   it might be a bit of a shock for her   

Its difficult 

Yea i dont come from a religious family either but a gurmukh told me that its fine you could live alone if needed

9 minutes ago, H908 said:

Yea i dont come from a religious family either but a gurmukh told me that its fine you could live alone if needed

You feel like the odd one out init especially when all the relatives come around and start drinking etc    in one room all the men sit and just drink and eat kebabs and swear  and in the other room all the buriyan sit   and it's like where the hell shall I sit  lol 

I cnt marry som1 from religious family coz the families might  not get on then. The men in my family want alcohol at all meetings and gatherings   it's as if you cant just sit without the sharab. Whenever my dad comes back from a religious families anand karaj hes always like   "oh it was a waste of time there was nothing there   no chicken or sharab" etc     

Theres a lot of weird people and situations in my relatives as well   like one of my mums brother is an alcoholic and he gets drunk and starts ringing us in the middle of the night   so we have to pull the wires out   etc    stuff like this is always happening   

I just hope I meet som1 who is decent and understands me and the situation. I'm sure there are girls in the same situation as us as well ... 

• 5 months later...
On 4/10/2020 at 10:25 PM, puzzled said:

On 4/10/2020 at 11:20 PM, puzzled said:

Whenever my dad comes back from a religious families anand karaj hes always like   "oh it was a waste of time there was nothing there   no chicken or sharab" etc     

Theres a lot of weird people and situations in my relatives as well   like one of my mums brother is an alcoholic and he gets drunk and starts ringing us in the middle of the night   so we have to pull the wires out   etc    stuff like this is always happening   

I just hope I meet som1 who is decent and understands me and the situation. I'm sure there are girls in the same situation as us as well ... 

wow so your Dad can't even eat langar type food once in a while? Is there nothing spiritual, do they. not listen to, or watch any sikhi related tv or radio stations? Some of these have impacted apnay that were too much into their drinking... 

Why don't you change your landline number, most people have mobile phones now anyway? My mother won't let us change ours as she says most people have the current number, but we don't get weird calls at night. My mum's bro was an alcoholic who caused trouble, however he then took pahul and even stands in panj pyarai at Nagar Keertan, although still hasn't changed totally into a trustworthy person!