combing hair u burn ur hair...why?? is it true?

gkd2000chill

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Ji

a lot of GurSikhs burn their dead kes. a Singh told me this example and it made perfect sense:

our Kakkars are held in such HIGH respect. They are our ANG, our body parts. If our Kirpan, Kanga, Kara or Kashera was to get damaged and became not usable, COULD we throw it in the garbage?? Of course not !!

think about that...what if a Sri Sahib's handle got damaged or the sheath (mian) broke or something....would you THROW it in the garbage ??? of course not! Waheguru.

it would hurt sooo much seeing a Sri Sahib in the garbage. Same thing with a Kara or Kanga. If a Kanga broke, you can't throw it away. You just cant.

the same way, when coming your Kes, some will come out...they are dead hair...out of respect...we CANNOT just throw them away...its wrong. Our Pita Ji, Dhan SatGuru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj Suchay Patshaa Ji has blessed us with Kes....we must respect them to the max. Even the dead ones, that's why the proper respectful thing to do is to do agun bhet sanskar (burn them).

bhul chuk maaf kario Jee

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mehtab Singh some Panj Pyare say it's ok to let your hair run in flowing water, whereas some say to burn all the kes.

If my hair comes out while washing it, I just put it on the side of the shower somewhere (wet hair sticks anywhere anyways) and when I get out eventually, I gather it, just like I would gather my dry hair.

I prefer doing that, rather than making it go through the tap. I wouldnt put my kanga down the tap :wub: it's probably dirty down there.

As long as you do it with love.

I have read in rehatnamas and the panj have said this a few times, Your hair is to either be burned or let free in a MOVING body of water. This is actually also true of dead bodies. Thats why in india sometimes they will do cremation and either cremate the body on a raft and let it go or will cremate and then dump the ashes in a moving body of water.

wahegur ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh pray.gif

I suppose ur rite there den about burnin ur hair...its just dat ive neva understood it...and i know someone who throws their hair away.....i told them dat ur meant to burn them...but they told me they were neva told dat wen they had their amrit...but i tink they will now....but i tink dat if dis is wot u should do den shouldn't amritharis be told of this...cos some mite not realise u ave to do dis! Some peeps who told me they also do it sed dat they were told wen they took their amrit and my mate was abit cross dat she's been throwing hers away all dis time not realising ur meant to burn them! :wub: ...sos if iv offended anyone.....i was just trying to undertand why sikhs do it!? but i tink i do now! :wub:

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh pray.gif