combing hair u burn ur hair...why?? is it true?

gkd2000chill

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!  pray.gif

If we all burn our hairs we are causing globlisation! ...... wen i had my amrit i was never told dat i had to burn my hair!  :wub: where can we burn our hair...cos i have a big family and we'd end up collecting aloota hair!!!! by da way where does it say dat u ave to burn ur hair?  :wub:

thanks!

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa

Wahegur Ji Ki Fateh!  pray.gif

Where does it say we have to wear 5 kakkars?,

Where does it say we have to do sanskar of old gutkas?

Where does it say we have to do nitnem every morning?

where in SGGS Ji does it say Guru Granth Sahib Ji is guru:umm: unsure.gif

your logic doesnt work...

Just like any of our 5 K's which are suppose to be a part of our body we woudlnt throw in the garbage, Its respect

even if your family is big, it isnt that difficult, just keep a small bag beside your dresser or wherever you comb your hair, and just put the hair in that bag everyday after combing your hair, than when the bag gets full, put it in a bigger bag that everyoen in your family also can put it in, and when that gets full just do sanskar.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHAHA.. its funny how we make Big thing out of just a small stuff.. but it's kinda good to know what other think on issues like this.

It's your dead hair, just like the body goes dead when the soul left the body. Do we throw the body of the deceased in the trash can? If no, then why not? If you say yes, then i agree with you that you can throw the dead hair in trash can. But everybody here agree that WE DO NOT THROW dead bodies of our friends/relatives/family members into trash, We do the HUGE funeral, we keep them wash them, keep them neat and clean and then burn them. WHY? because WE LOVE THEM. Same reason is with Kesh. We love kesh, we don't want to see our hairs ending up in the huge pile of garbage full of nasty stuff. (maybe make a lil field trip to wastemanagement area and see by yourself.. how filthy it is there.)

Regarding the love of nature ? burning few ounces of hair isn't gonna make a big hole in ozone layer jeeoo. If we really care for nature that much, then we should adopt the AMISH lifestyle instead of using cars, suvs, pencil, homes, computer screen that you are using and so on.. My point is that burning hair isn't gonna harm nature but throwing hair in garbage WILL harm nature.

In my life i didn't put the habit of throwing hair into garbage (maybe mums taught me that) but my point is whether you are amritdhari or not, you still should respect hair. All amritdhari singhs and singhnia that i know do respect hair by doing saanskar of them (which happens once or twice in a year.. not a big deal :wub: )

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Maharaj jee tell us that in each strand(rOm) of hair Akaalpurakh jee are present.

This Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 343

rom rom mih bsih murwir ]

rom rom mehi basehi muraar ||

and on each and every hair, the Lord abides.

science says hair take very long time to get degraded if they are not burnt .

http://www.iob.org/editorial_display.asp?e....htm&cont_id=24.

i used to put my hair into flowing water but then gurmukhs advised against this practice. their logic is simple and gurbani based.

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Raamkalee on Pannaa 941

gurmuiK roim roim hir iDAwvY ]

guramukh rom rom har dhhiaavai ||

The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body.

gurmukhs say how can you insult your simran partners.

"hair that collect in the bath tub" if possible; should also be extricated , dried and cremated.

yle='font-family:GurbaniWebThick'>vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I have read all the above comments........COMMOM Sence should prevail. I too am keshdari Sikh and hold the 5 K's very high respect.

The kanga is there to keep your hair tangle free and clean....that is the live hair or your head.By getting into rituals about dead hair are we not turning the clock back into the dark ages before the KHALSA.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest vikramkhalsa
So basically we have to burn the Kasherra, Kara, Kirpan, Kangha too?

well those r not items u would dispose of, ur not going to throw away your kirpan or your kanga, and they r not things that come off your body, u always keep em....