Asking someone what faith they belong to

Big_Tera

5 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Nothing weird but depends on our own spiritual stages. Back in days I used to hold  sikh awareness events at my local college/ university. In fact sikhsangat was first started as to bring awareness of Sikh dharam over the Internet in 2001. Now, at such stage where I feel that I need to work on my own sikhi rather than preaching/talking outside.. 

I'm with you, I agree, it's very personal. And I to prefer to look inward.. But I think it's strange why you would feel uncomfortable having a conversation with anyone, whether they were someone of a different religion doesn't really matter does it? 

1 hour ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I'm with you, I agree, it's very personal. And I to prefer to look inward.. But I think it's strange why you would feel uncomfortable having a conversation with anyone, whether they were someone of a different religion doesn't really matter does it? 

Any conversation about just informing our own religion and its tradition with each other is ok as long as one keeps it to its basic. From this thread, I felt that there are some of us who deliberately wanting to start the debate with the motive of my religion is better than other. I strongly do feel that Sikhi is far better in everything when comparing with others but that is how I feel and I don't need to tell others. I attend many meetings and business lunches with folks coming from different regions/culture. I choose not to stir the religion topic. I feel religion is something that i need to keep between me (family) and rab ji alone. 

Same with our own folks, I try not to bring the religion topic up to debate notably these days shejdhari/patit will try to bring lots of debate points in the group. I simply choose to keep be closed book. 

2 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Some people date and some people marry and some of them people are sikh.. 

So 

(and this sounds like the name of a satirical movie) 

Some Sikhs Do Date 

Well, OK, I know that Westerners date in order to find a marriage partner.

But, again, I asked him, what's the point of that date?

It's to find a marriage partner, right?

So why would he date someone that he doesn't even know is a Sikh?

It's like hiring a guy to fix your leaky faucet, and then when he shows up, you ask "by the way, are you a plumber?".

13 hours ago, BhForce said:

Well, OK, I know that Westerners date in order to find a marriage partner.

But, again, I asked him, what's the point of that date?

It's to find a marriage partner, right?

So why would he date someone that he doesn't even know is a Sikh?

It's like hiring a guy to fix your leaky faucet, and then when he shows up, you ask "by the way, are you a plumber?".

What if they are a sikh?