Gurdwara Langar Halls

Big_Tera

Have Gurdwara langar halls become soup kitchens for homeless? I have noticed many roughed up people comming to the gurdwara. Many dont look particularly friendly . 

Ie I saw some Arabic guy once  and also quite a few blacks in southall. 

Now I know Langar is meant for all regardless of their background.. But many of these guys look like they could do with a wash and some may have been intoxicated with alcohol and drugs.

There is one particular white guy that looks completely out of it. Comes to Gurdwara has langar then just hangs around in the langar hall for about 30 minutes making everyone uncomfortable. 

2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Have Gurdwara langar halls become soup kitchens for homeless? I have noticed many roughed up people comming to the gurdwara. Many dont look particularly friendly . 

Now I know Langar is meant for all regardless of their background.. But many of these guys look like they could do with a wash and some may have been intoxicated with alcohol and drugs.

There is one particular white guy that looks completely out of it. Comes to Gurdwara has langar then just hangs around in the langar hall for about 30 minutes making everyone uncomfortable. 

nothing wrong with that, they are hungry and need to eat, many of them don't have money and some are probably homeless. 

3 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

They already are..?

We just need sign outside the Gurdwara Sahib in English (and other languages) that say something like "Langar fights Hunger" , "Free food for all" and a Gurbani pangti like Maanas Kee Jaat Sabai Ekai Pehichanbo and making something else like "Learn how to serve, build your compassion at the Gurdwara" lol.

10 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Very Racist.

2 minutes ago, MichaelJackson said:

There seems to be a lot of racism against whites and blacks on this forum. Why?

Just a. Few ol' people, this is not really a SIKH belief i tell ya. 

Its exact opposite to sikhi. 

Being here for more than 3 months im pretty convinced that This forum can be called CULTURAL forum, But you can NEVER call this a Sikh philosophy forum.

Guest GuestSingh
9 hours ago, puzzled said:

nothing wrong with that, they are hungry and need to eat, many of them don't have money and some are probably homeless. 

those who do have money will spend it on drugs, alcohol etc. presumably to take the pain away...

Guest GuestSingh
1 hour ago, Amit12 said:

Very Racist.

how?

if someone's living rough on the streets and intoxicated with alcohol, drugs etc. they aint gonna look/smell very nice are they?

pls just call it as u see it and dnt cry foul all the tym at any given opportunity....

Guest GuestSingh
1 hour ago, MichaelJackson said:

There seems to be a lot of racism against whites, blacks and Arabs on this forum. Why?

noting real-life observations of ppl from different communities doesnt make someone racist...

however bleaching ur skin from dark to white seems racist imo....