• Yes
    • No

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, my grandad said our ancestors were builders lol  By builders I mean carpenters I was a bit confused lol

Ewwwww.... 😂😂😂

When your family are farmer's in India it's fun when you visit them LOL 

Iv sat on tractors like the bit at the side on top of the massive back wheel. You need to hold on tight because the pind roads are cracked with big holes and bumps, you can easily go flying off if you don't hold on tight, your bum starts hurting because you end up jumping up and down so much LMAO  The drivers seat is a lot more comfortable lol

Iv sat on the back of a cart with a ox pulling it, milked a cow, fed the cows, ate ghana/sugar cane in the fields, fell into cow dung, got mud all over myself while my thia was doing the rice fields lol.  

I even rode a ricksha lolw LMAO  

Never gnna forget those experiences in the pind... 

4 hours ago, puzzled said:

When your family are farmer's in India it's fun when you visit them LOL 

Iv sat on tractors like the bit at the side on top of the massive back wheel. You need to hold on tight because the pind roads are cracked with big holes and bumps, you can easily go flying off if you don't hold on tight, your bum starts hurting because you end up jumping up and down so much LMAO  The drivers seat is a lot more comfortable lol

Iv sat on the back of a cart with a ox pulling it, milked a cow, fed the cows, ate ghana/sugar cane in the fields, fell into cow dung, got mud all over myself while my thia was doing the rice fields lol.  

I even rode a ricksha lolw LMAO  

Never gnna forget those experiences in the pind... 

we should monetize this and have westeners/non-farmers pay to experience them 😄

3 hours ago, Jaggaa said:

we should monetize this and have westeners/non-farmers pay to experience them 😄

Lol yeah give goreh and urban Indians a taste of the pind,  call it pind tourism lol  

I can see this working  especially in The pinds near amritsar as that area is more tourist 

5 hours ago, GuestKaur2 said:

Ewwwww.... 😂😂😂

Haha iv had a lot of experience with cow poo in the pind 

About 3 years back when I went punjab, I and these 2 people who work for my nana we went to the fields to collect bags of green leaves and stuff for the cattle, we went on a cart which was pulled by a bull. I sat on the cart wearing a white t shirt and the whole cart was covered in mitti/soil and cow poo haha! Once we reached our fields using this very narrow dusty path, there was very little space there and the only way I could get off was by jumping onto a massive pile of dry cow poo haha! What made it worse was I was wearing flip flops with bare feet. So I hopped off and landed in it, luckily it was dry lol.  I was wearing flip flops and had my jeans rolled up to my knees with a white t shirt that was no longer white, I was covered in cow poo and mitti.  The two guys I went with turned around and said now you look like a proper jatt  LMAO 

One of the guys was like that t shirt is no use so you might as Well give it to me, he had a point a I just took it off a d gave it to him lol. 

But yea I remember I once walked into half dry cow dung cakes and my shoes were covered in wet cow poo lol 

If also held dry cow poo in my hand and broke it in half and put it into the Chula  those traditional mud stoves lol  they use it to light fire to make roti and stuff.

I don't mind getting my hands dirty so it never really bothered me haha 

That stuff is standard when your in the pind.

Fun times though ... 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Unknownlost said:

Bro you are right true anyone can do farming lol.

No i am not a ravidasia but i find them interesting due to their weird thinking traditions lol.

Lol yeah  In India sainis do farming too, some tarkhan families do it as well. In my mum's pind some chamars families have fields as well. 

Yeah I like ravidassias too  they are a interesting bunch lol 

3 minutes ago, Unknownlost said:

Yeah you right its just a part of history lol

Lol yeah it is a part of history for me now because I'm not a farmer and I'm pretty sure my kids won't be farmer's either lol,  but it's still  a part of my heritage, it's what my ancestors did and what they were 

I actually found my nanis charka a few years back! It's from the 1950s and is made of talli wood. It has bells on the wheel.     We cleaned it up and got it painted with varnish. We took it to my dad's pind and kept it there.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Unknownlost said:

Ravidassias are a interesting group you should listen to their views on kanshi tv. 

Nowdays its sad cos some many farmers are doing suicide and plus the water has been taken away by the goverment i heard. So farming is finished in punjab big time.

Yeah it is really sad. A lot of farmers are suffering now. The fact the government takes water away doesn't help either. Suicide rate is very high as they are taking loans but can't pay them back. And then the loan collectors start harassing the wives and kids. 

Iv seen the state of farmers there, it's very sad. No wonder they are desperately trying to send their sons abroad.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Unknownlost said:

some many farmers are doing suicide and plus the water has been taken away by the goverment i heard. So farming is finished in punjab big time.

Unless Panjab modernises its economy, it's finished anyway. 

Farming isn't finished there btw. It's probably going to be a situation where a smaller group of large landholders will dominate/monopolise the industry. The rest will have to get over this often strange and unhealthy farming fetish and join the wider workforce. 

• S1ngh locked this topic