Questions about Sikh religion

5 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Whereas Sikhs only talk about Sikhism. We dont bad mouth other faiths.

Have you ever read Gurbani, bro?

Guru Sahib mentions other faiths all the time. And saying they are wrong.

Sukhmani Sahib lists all the ways Hindus and Jains try to find mukti. And then refutes them.

ਹਿੰਦੂ ਅੰਨ੍ਹਾ ਤੁਰਕੂ ਕਾਣਾ ॥

This entire shabad mentions many Hindu stories, and refutes them.

Guru Nanak ji talks about the filthiness of Jains. There's another shabad talking about the pain endured by various figures worshipped by Hindus.

Guru Arjan Dev ji and Bhagat Kabir ji talk about the futility of worshipping idols.

3 hours ago, BhForce said:

Who says it was his teaching? He didn't write the Bible.

The gospels were written as eye witness accounts of Christ's ministry. Large parts of the new testament were by Paul who wrote letters to the newly formed churches to guide Christians. He was a fine learned scholar who spread the message of Christ. The Bible has tremendous power, written by authors guided by God himself and is the most published and read book in the history of the world.

On 3/29/2019 at 10:59 PM, Christiangirl52 said:
On 3/29/2019 at 7:46 PM, BhForce said:

Who says it was his teaching? He didn't write the Bible.

The gospels were written as eye witness accounts of Christ's ministry. Large parts of the new testament were by Paul who wrote letters to the newly formed churches to guide Christians. He was a fine learned scholar who spread the message of Christ. The Bible has tremendous power, written by authors guided by God himself and is the most published and read book in the history of the world.

When there are things written in the Bible ascribed to Jesus, Sikhs may sometimes say that he didn't write the Bible. The point being that that softens any criticism of Jesus himself.

That is, you're not saying Jesus is wrong. You're saying maybe Jesus didn't say that.

It's a way out from criticizing Jesus.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:43 PM, Christiangirl52 said:

Hello

I am new on here. 

I am not sure if people here mind if a Christian joins? I am interested in the Sikh religion. I have heard there are many similarities and i have certain questions. 

Is it ok to ask? I hasten to say i believe in respecting everyone and that dialogue is healthy. People should communicate with each other. 

Hello, I think you have come here because you are lost.

There is a lot to learn, so what do you want to know?

Also, you have come to give something, what is it?