HOLLYWOOD MOVIE FEATURING A SIKH !!

harjinder

i agree, he deserves congratulations :wub: :wub:

We should encourage him to make more films. For many americans this will be thier introduction to a sikh.

There is no harm in mentioning about a dastaar, when we email him. But seriously how many of us wear a dastaar when swimming or diving?? I just wear a really small keski, to stop my kesh opening up, and hold my kanga in place.

Look at bollywood, they were really dodgy patkas, and in one film, the old sikh guy just had his hair tied back like a woman. nonono.gifnonono.gif

I like this sardar ji.

Anyone got his email?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

His name is Warus Ahluwala and this looks to be his first movie, I couldnt find ne more information on him besides what is up on Yahoo.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=18086...&cf=gen&intl=us

which is close to nil. we'll keep searching and we'll try to find his email addy :wub: .

ooooooooooooooh if his first name is waris.. then he is the one who appeared in some model magazine and i believe he is from NY area.

Here's the picture (though can't figure it out.. but im sure its him)

art3.jpg

Another picture of him can be found here : http://www.sikhpride.com/art.htm

This post is hilarious!

The fanatical mindset of today's complaining and whining Sikhs is evident!

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie and learning more about this Sikh actor. It's about time we had a positive Sikh role model in the public life, outside of politics and associated terrorism (not my opinion, but let's get real, this is exactly what the media the worldover present Sikhs as being -excepting those in the UK perhaps, where in the last 20 years we have seen some postive news through the likes of Ruben Singh and others).

The whole issue of having his Hair visible is the frankly a non-issue, for those have issue with this, go and read the Sakhia of Guru Gobind Singh and Bhai Nand Lal's darshan of Maharaj after his kesi-ishnaan. In any event, what's the BIG deal???

The last time we had a Singh in a Hollywood movie, it was Naveen Andrews playing Captain "Kip" Singh with his stupid Aladin style turban and then we have the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen with another Aladin style turbaned Sikh who prays to Kali Mata's Murti!

Finally we have the signs of something positive and all we can do is display our fanaticism and negative critique.