Jump to content
SikhSeeker

Halal Food Veggie can we eat??

Recommended Posts

WJKK WJKF

 

I have a question about "halal" food. I see foods such as special K and bread with a halal logo on them. The foods are vegetarian but still halal. I don't know what the process or if we can eat this food or not? Can anyone shed any light?

 

Phul chuk Maff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
2 hours ago, Prabh108 said:

check the ingredients of everything - avoid packaged processed foods.

Agree. Buy raw foods and make yourself. We as Sikhs do not need to trust what others see as acceptable to eat.

2 hours ago, Prabh108 said:

Avoid all kosher/halal - it is almost impossible as these criminals have a strangle hold on the dairies of North America.

What's wrong with eating/drinking dairy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sprinkle some bacon on the special k, that should negate the halal in it . In the context of veggie halal stuff that certification just means it's free of things like alcohol (in ingredients or processing ), glyerine, additives that might of been extracted from animals (i.e colouring from beetles). However there is plenty of hidden halal out there , such as New Zealand lamb which is all halal (British lamb isn't ), as is cheap chicken used in processed foods , which comes from places like Thailand which is all halal for export .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, imhosingh said:

Sprinkle some bacon on the special k, that should negate the halal in it .

Lol!

53 minutes ago, imhosingh said:

In the context of veggie halal stuff that certification just means it's free of things like alcohol (in ingredients or processing ), glyerine, additives that might of been extracted from animals (i.e colouring from beetles).

Right. But as @Prabh108 explained above, Halal mark may also mean that a portion of the proceeds are going to Muslim "charities" (jihad), if only as a part of the licensing for the Halal mark organization. So, better to avoid if possible.

The best is just to make stuff at home. Or eat from others in our Panth.

55 minutes ago, imhosingh said:

However there is plenty of hidden halal out there , such as New Zealand lamb which is all halal (British lamb isn't ), as is cheap chicken used in processed foods , which comes from places like Thailand which is all halal for export .

Which is exactly why Sikhs (and everybody) should avoid eating meat. 

It funds jihad.

The only meat you should ever eat is that which is Jhatka'd by Singhs in full rehit, if you yourself are a Singh in full Nihung rehit, preparing for Dharam Yudh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SikhSeeker said:

Thanks for the info. So for example all Kellogg cereal even though its veg we should avoid?

Well, if you're in India, you can (usually) go by the "green dot" on packaged food. If you're "bahar" (outside India), you might be able to find stuff in your local Indian grocery.

Otherwise, the general packaged food cannot be trusted to be vegetarian or even non-halal even if it's not marked specially.

Also, if you really want to be sure, you simply make your food at home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 10:18 PM, BhForce said:

It funds jihad

Hardly see how eating meat from the UK funds jihad if it's non halal (like your regular UK meat in the supermarkets). Also doubt any of Kellogg's profits go to fund jihad unless the sovereign wealth funds of Saudi or uae have stakes in it. After all the biggest chicken processor in the UK is owned by a Punjabi (Sikh heritage ) bloke from the midland (3 sisters )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 3:32 PM, SikhSeeker said:

WJKK WJKF

 

I have a question about "halal" food. I see foods such as special K and bread with a halal logo on them. The foods are vegetarian but still halal. I don't know what the process or if we can eat this food or not? Can anyone shed any light?

 

Phul chuk Maff

the labelling you see is like the kosher parve scheme , a form of licensing tax by religious organisations of jewish and muslim faiths . it's just a money making scheme on goyim/kuffar backs. Eating processed foods are not the best option anyhow . Cereals are just a marketing ploy to fill your belly with fake vitamins , dead food and unclean dairy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 1:34 PM, jkvlondon said:

the labelling you see is like the kosher parve scheme , a form of licensing tax by religious organisations of jewish and muslim faiths . it's just a money making scheme on goyim/kuffar backs. Eating processed foods are not the best option anyhow . Cereals are just a marketing ploy to fill your belly with fake vitamins , dead food and unclean dairy.

With cereals etc, its what the kids eat so we feed it them, but im just conscious that the cereal has the halal mark on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SikhSeeker said:

With cereals etc, its what the kids eat so we feed it them, but im just conscious that the cereal has the halal mark on it.

all veggie foods are by definition halal , so this labelling is nonsense. Langar is halal ...does that mean we abandon it ? use a little common sense the rule was about maas not being khutha;/halal/kosher or khulla maas because Akal Purakh doesn't want blood sacrifices and we don't eat hulla/aam maas because it is killed by nonchutka method .

Edited by jkvlondon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SikhSeeker said:

With cereals etc, its what the kids eat so we feed it them, but im just conscious that the cereal has the halal mark on it.

'Halal' and 'Kosher' are just marketing tools, do you actually think these major supermarkets and suppliers,  cut every neck slowly and do a pray? That takes time which takes away money, be more sceptical of the smaller shops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

Terms of Use