What is the truth about Banda Singh Bahadur?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
1 hour ago, NonExistant said:

What is the truth about him? 

Should i believe this website?  https://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Bandai_Khalsa

One, thesite is run by sikhnet gang , Two, you cn tell ithas beeneditedby an unpard person who cannot even get basics of Englishgrammardown. Do you believe GuruGobind Singhji was with the government? ..obviously this is  Bad attempt to twist itihas

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
13 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

One, thesite is run by sikhnet gang , Two, you cn tell ithas beeneditedby an unpard person who cannot even get basics of Englishgrammardown. Do you believe GuruGobind Singhji was with the government? ..obviously this is  Bad attempt to twist itihas

perhaps the earliest demonization of Banda Singh Bahadur is in works of Ratan Singh Bhangu Panth Parkash as he wrote excessively against him 

Banda singh bahadur kind of created his own sect and told his followers to start wearing red.  But I think he came back to the khalsa after that. 

On 5/11/2019 at 1:55 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

perhaps the earliest demonization of Banda Singh Bahadur is in works of Ratan Singh Bhangu Panth Parkash as he wrote excessively against him 

not saying that there wasn't a split in khalsa at the time of Banda Bahadur Singh but the truth is much more complex and coloured by prejudices of those sikhs who wanted to to maintain brahmin supremacy within sikhi ...you've seen it where hukhname have been altered to say that brahmin sikhs should be held in higher esteem , given better treatment than others

There's some rehitname which has odd things written in them   

Can't remember if it was daya singh or chaupa singh rehitnama but it mentions not marrying outside of your caste, not trusting women or eating food served by them, to have s3x between certain hours of the night 

Don't know  but that kind of stuff sounds a bit off 

Just because it's a historical txt don't mean it's reliable 

Edited by puzzled

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

There's some rehitname which has odd things written in them   

Can't remember if it was daya singh or chaupa singh rehitnama but it mentions not marrying outside of your caste, not trusting women or eating food served by them, to have s3x between certain hours of the night 

Don't know  but that kind of stuff sounds a bit off 

Just because it's a historical txt don't mean it's reliable 

yep , also that a bibi should do sewa of her Singh as her Parmeshwar , that he will earn mukhti for her ....not something Gurbani has really said  when Guru ji has left each person to do their own work towards mission goal.

13 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

yep , also that a bibi should do sewa of her Singh as her Parmeshwar , that he will earn mukhti for her ....not something Gurbani has really said  when Guru ji has left each person to do their own work towards mission goal.

Yeah that sounds like bhramin maryada, sort of teachings you would find in the manusmritis. 

Bhramins used to say that a wife can only achieve mukti through serving her husband. 

The truth about Baba Banda Singh? A flawed human being who never professed to be anything else. He achieved great feats; he succumbed to ego and made some mistakes, but he stood up for Sikhi and fought for our survival at a time when we needed that brand of presence and leadership. He pales in comparison according to the example set by Guru Sahibs, but then that shouldn't be a surprise. This relatively recent trend of trying to "expose" Baba Banda Singh in order to diminish and poo-poo his achievements by magnifying his mistakes is pure propaganda to rob Sikhs of a key historical figure who was the archetypal shade of grey. Don't fall for the devious tricks and turn on one of our greatest personalities.

On 5/11/2019 at 1:55 PM, Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Don't knock Bhangu's work. He is a big time Sikh historian. His family credentials are solid, and the work is a masterpiece. 

It's today's simple minded, dualistic thinking brain (influenced by goray) that can't get their head around true unadulterated Sikh historiography like Bhangu's.  

He was not a guru and I'm pretty sure he wasn't seen as a saint?  He was a leader just like the misl leaders and M. Ranjit Singh.   They all had flaws but were amazing personalities and leaders. 

Some people have started calling him baba banda singh bahadur,  I don't think he was seen as a baba or sant during his time? 

Baba was given to people who were shaheed.

If you need more info on Baba Banda Singh Bahadur, read Dr. Ganda Singh's book.

Rattan Singh bhangu book is not a factual history of the Sikhs.  In his book he starts telling how Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji thought.  No human can say what the Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji was thinking before going into battle with the Mughal forces.  He does this in episode 14 starting at approximately at paragraph 13 to 18.  

In episode 15 Rattan Singh bhangu writes Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji called upon learned Brahmins and astrologers to pick a date when Guru Sahib will select punj pyare. Gurbani says there is no auspicious day as all days are equal.  Yet Rattan Singh bhangu says Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji practices such falsehood.   

18 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Rattan Singh bhangu book is not a factual history of the Sikhs.  In his book he starts telling how Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji thought.  No human can say what the Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji was thinking before going into battle with the Mughal forces.  He does this in episode 14 starting at approximately at paragraph 13 to 18.  

In episode 15 Rattan Singh bhangu writes Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji called upon learned Brahmins and astrologers to pick a date when Guru Sahib will select punj pyare. Gurbani says there is no auspicious day as all days are equal.  Yet Rattan Singh bhangu says Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji practices such falsehood.   

the mark of a true historian is if what he/she says is truth on kasvati of Gurbachan, Gurbani ...

What about bhai santokh singhs work? some people even question that ...     from what iv read the lives of the gurus were revealed to bhai santokh singh through his simran and bakhti?        i recently bought gurbilas patshahi 6    i think that comes from suraj parkash