Peterson Death Penalty

Guest Sony

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

There is one problem with the death penalty...it is kinda final. Imagine that someone is convicted, sentenced to death, is executed, and later on, you find out that that person was innocent. Not going to be a good day for a while for that jury.

Not making a statement for or against the death penalty, but this aspect of the death penalty should make anyone pause and think before advocating for or against the death penalty.

I agree with what Sony said!

Life in prison without parole is a living hell and it's surely a harsher punishment for a criminal. Imagine living in a small cell for the rest of your life, with crappy food, bad living conditions and always facing the danger of being harmed by your fellow inmates...

But then again, executing Scott Peterson will quite possibly restore some balance in the lives of the victim's family.

Crappy food, and bad living conditions?

I bet some people in Africa would be DYING to live inside an "American jail cell" with "crappy food and living conditions".

Peterson deserves to die, he killed his wife AND his child, while he was romancing another girlfriend.

And as far as putting him in jail, I would never give him another chance to escape.

You can not bring the Gurus into this, because then it becomes a game with no rules. You do NOT know what the Gurus do.

All we have are our interpretations.

Judge one by one's actions, not what he is born as.

And as far as him not having enough time to connect with God...he'll have plenty of time. He'll be in jail for a decade before getting the lethal injection.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I used to be against the death penalty....

Until the day my phuphar jee was shot to death in cold blood inside a gurudwara.

Then I had to do a lot of thinking.

I am for the death penalty. I used to say all the things you guys are saying. But you can't know how the family feels. You can't know the pain that lasts all these years and you can't know how nice it would have been to put a slug in that guys forehead.

But besides the emotional drama which in the end is always subjective, we know that Sikhi advocates the death penalty. Why? Because what did guru gobind singh jee do to the mahants? He burned them ALIVE. How have great evil-doers and criminals always been dealt with by gursikhs? With DEATH.

In guru sahibs time, singhs were known as the vision of KAAL himself (death himself). When a singh is dressed in bana, manytimes people would say, that is a vision of death himself. Singhs brought death to the wicked and justice to the good. In fact, this is one of our MAIN causes. This is WHY we wear a KIRPAN! We do KIRPA with it. We bring it down with gods might and infuse light into darkness. Is the kirpan (kharad/talwaar) just meant to be a weapon for injuring someone? NO! If it was, we would be carrying around gatka sticks or night sticks, but instead we are carrying lethal weapons which can do harm.

Sikhi is all about justice, truthfulness, and righteousness. Guru sahib has taught us the value and the love of life, but has also taught us well (and carefully) the responsibility of death.

i m sad for our loss, Mkhalsa

so i say this with all my respect,

but the individuals the gurus killed were soldiers and clear criminals, in the heat of battle.

and they were gurus,

we are only humans, so how can we judge each other,

and the kirpan is used for depending when someones locked up,

thats more like revenge,

and god isn't revengeful

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I used to be against the death penalty....

Until the day my phuphar jee was shot to death in cold blood inside a gurudwara.

Then I had to do a lot of thinking.

I am for the death penalty. I used to say all the things you guys are saying. But you can't know how the family feels. You can't know the pain that lasts all these years and you can't know how nice it would have been to put a slug in that guys forehead.

But besides the emotional drama which in the end is always subjective, we know that Sikhi advocates the death penalty. Why? Because what did guru gobind singh jee do to the mahants? He burned them ALIVE. How have great evil-doers and criminals always been dealt with by gursikhs? With DEATH.

In guru sahibs time, singhs were known as the vision of KAAL himself (death himself). When a singh is dressed in bana, manytimes people would say, that is a vision of death himself. Singhs brought death to the wicked and justice to the good. In fact, this is one of our MAIN causes. This is WHY we wear a KIRPAN! We do KIRPA with it. We bring it down with gods might and infuse light into darkness. Is the kirpan (kharad/talwaar) just meant to be a weapon for injuring someone? NO! If it was, we would be carrying around gatka sticks or night sticks, but instead we are carrying lethal weapons which can do harm.

Sikhi is all

about justice, truthfulness, and righteousness. Guru sahib has taught us the value and the love of life, but has also taught us well (and carefully) the responsibility of death.

Again MKhalsa ji

We can not forget this -

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...&f=2&t=8449&hl=

God reside in all, if a banda has made a mistake, and repents what he did and might be planning to begin bhagtia s soon as he's free and he find out he's going to be killed?

justidied?

a life is lost..... :T: -- a life which was going to do a lot of Bhagtee.

It really depends case to case, if it's someone who's attacked the honour of the Sikhs etc, i.e Darbar Sahib it would be different.

Fair enough Rapists can be nan exception , should get the worst punihsment ever

but think abut it in this way - a person gets capital punishment and it's done, did the person ever get tiem to have nightmares and regret what they done?

whilst if they're in jail they'd defenetly regret what they done and THINK ABOUT IT.

reflect.

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!