COVID-19 Winners and losers

Premi5

16 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Yes that is true. 

But there will always be a niche of smaller stores. I think there is certain areas that online businesses may not be able to replace.

But there are other reasons why High Streets are dying as well.

This is to do with the extortionate rates charged by councils, expensive parking charges etc.

yh council rates are ridiculous   the store i worked in  i wnt mention the name   but the amount of money it made from customers was just enough to pay the rent!  no profit made at all.  when ever escalators would break down they werent repaired for months bcoz of the cost   and the lights were always switched off in the canteen,office, locker rooms etc.                   smaller businesses just last a couple of months in the shopping centers and then close down.    

a sheikh from dubai actually had plans to buy our highstreet and shopping center  he had planned to make really tall apartments with shops at the bottom    but the queen and the windsor lot  rejected all the plans!  coz windsor castle is really near to us and the highstreet you cant build a building which is really tall because it apparently ruins the view of the castle! the last store i worked in was in the highstreet and from the 3rd floor you could see the castle.   he proposed several plans but all were rejected by the people in charge of the castle.     and eventually the sheikh got caught up in fraud and was arrested and sent to prison in saudi arabia lol   and that was that.

our highstreet is just full of poundlands and halal kebab take aways now    we even have a islamic book store and islamic ladies cloths shops now!

13 minutes ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

and why is this the case outside india ? 

do they view sikhs as "khalistanis" 

because we are just culturally very different. sikhs and non punjabi hindus dnt interact much at all. its like we are from 2 different countries, they are culturally quite different.  sikhs and punjabi hindus have gd relationship here though. 

sikhs and non punjabi hindus dnt see each other as the same people

8 minutes ago, puzzled said:

sikhs and punjabi hindus have gd relationship here though

though punjabi hindus are culturally similar, I would doubt them too. As they also oppose sikh sovereignty 

11 minutes ago, puzzled said:

yh council rates are ridiculous   the store i worked in  i wnt mention the name   but the amount of money it made from customers was just enough to pay the rent!  no profit made at all.  when ever escalators would break down they werent repaired for months bcoz of the cost   and the lights were always switched off in the canteen,office, locker rooms etc.                   smaller businesses just last a couple of months in the shopping centers and then close down.    

a sheikh from dubai actually had plans to buy our highstreet and shopping center  he had planned to make really tall apartments with shops at the bottom    but the queen and the windsor lot  rejected all the plans!  coz windsor castle is really near to us and the highstreet you cant build a building which is really tall because it apparently ruins the view of the castle! the last store i worked in was in the highstreet and from the 3rd floor you could see the castle.   he proposed several plans but all were rejected by the people in charge of the castle.     and eventually the sheikh got caught up in fraud and was arrested and sent to prison in saudi arabia lol   and that was that.

our highstreet is just full of poundlands and halal kebab take aways now    we even have a islamic book store and islamic ladies cloths shops now!

Never understood how council rates are affordable for halal shops and pound shops but not for other stores.